News Oh wow, oh heavy, heavy, heavy - Lachie Neale trade thread (5, 19 & 55 for Neale & 30)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LongLion

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Reading between the lines I'm guessing he did not enjoy playing Lyons defensive style of footy (I hate it). Don't think he has a problem with Lyon the person though. Lyon will have to change now he has some forwards. His defensive style did not win him any flags, close but no cigar

FFB1

Club Legend
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Considering we were going to lose Beamer one way or the other Lachie really isn't a break even, he is a god send.
Agree, I expected to see some improvement next year with Beams and no Neale; I expect to see that same improvement next year with Neale and no Beams, potentially better.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree, I expected to see some improvement next year with Beams and no Neale; I expect to see that same improvement next year with Neale and no Beams, potentially better.
We really needed a hard working inside mid to help Berry do the heavy lifting. Another preseason into Berry and then add Neale it is starting to look like a reasonable engine room. Matho keeps coming along.

This will only benefit our inside/outside guys and hopefully we get some nicer delivery into the fwd50.

I think for our team structure Neale could be a lot more valuable than Beams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is it true that noble said on the roar deal podcast that afl asked us to delay this trade for ratings?
They definetly wanted to hold back some deals for the late part. Have had it confirmed that a players manager was kept there from 8 till 8.30 due to this. Not happy about it the player managers and footy bosses

brizrider

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, Cubs, Bulls
Neale sounds like a very intelligent person who is a complete professional fully in charge of his career. I'm really excited about what he'll bring to the club in the next 2-6 years.

Top Bottom