News Oh wow, oh heavy, heavy, heavy - Lachie Neale trade thread (5, 19 & 55 for Neale & 30)

Remove this Banner Ad

The other possibility is clubs meet half way. 5 and 18 for Neale and 23

I like this one better.
I also would like to keep Beams - a midfield of Beams, Zorko, Neale would be a treat to watch.

I wouldn't mind paying 2 first for Neale. We paid 5 + 25 + Crisp, IIRC for Beams.
As long as we have one first rounder this year and next, then I think that's okay.
This and next year's first from Collingwood lets us do that.
So you're all for Brisbane having to pay two high picks for decent picks, yet other clubs only have to give up the equivalent of one when it comes to trading or at the very least with us. Double standards when it comes to our club and even more surprising that most here are really happy about it.

Or at least deliberately hold off until after the Neale deal is done
I reckon we'll be able to tell depending on which deal gets done first. If the Beams deal is done first, then one of the picks we get for him will be going to Freo in addition to pick 5 for Neale.

So you're all for Brisbane having to pay two high picks for decent picks, yet other clubs only have to give up the equivalent of one when it comes to trading or at the very least with us. Double standards when it comes to our club and even more surprising that most here are really happy about it.
How so?

No one is for us having to deal with double standards. But those double standards exist and we can't change them - the question is what do you do about it?

You are entitled to your view, which I understand to be that we should hold onto contracted players and go to the draft continually. I think we need to take a more flexible approach sometimes.

I think I see what you think I was suggesting. I'm not up to speed with what's allowed, but I was suggesting we on-trade Collingwood's 2019 first with pick 5 for Neale. That gives us 18 this year and our own first (top 10) next year.
So something like 5 and 14, which is what Freo wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on Dylan. We get shafted every draft period. We are always the first to blink at trade time and same is going to happen Wednesday.

If we get 18 for Beams and give up 5 and 18 for Neale, we have gone backwards as a club in playing talent and given up this years Pick 5 as well?? The top few kids in this draft are going to be elite. We have copped some serious trade reamings over the last few years but this one could top them all.

What about us going after Hogan? He can pinch hit in the ruck and the set up of Hogan and Hipwood…… McStay can move down back where I think he is much better suited.

McStay Gardiner and Andrews down back!!!!!

I'd prefer we offer Melbourne pick 5 for Hogan and sign Neale as a RFA next year. Much better planning. I'm not sure Hogan would want to come to us though.

Spot on Dylan. We get shafted every draft period. We are always the first to blink at trade time and same is going to happen Wednesday.

If we get 18 for Beams and give up 5 and 18 for Neale, we have gone backwards as a club in playing talent and given up this years Pick 5 as well?? The top few kids in this draft are going to be elite. We have copped some serious trade reamings over the last few years but this one could top them all.
Who the hell has suggested that???

I think I see what you think I was suggesting. I'm not up to speed with what's allowed, but I was suggesting we on-trade Collingwood's 2019 first with pick 5 for Neale. That gives us 18 this year and our own first (top 10) next year.
So something like 5 and 14, which is what Freo wanted.
But again, we're still paying Freo two first rounders for Neale. I'm ok with paying pick 5 for Neale on its own, but not pcik 5 and then some. No doubt Freo have said they want two first rounders with pick 5 being one of those two first rounders, but bad luck, we should split pick 5 for say 8 and 16 and Freo have their two first round picks if that is what it takes or they can do it themselves, but why are we being dictated when we don't have the contracted player and when we do have the contracted player. We're just always on the receiving end and year after year, we just allow it to happen.

Monday AFL trade wrap: Dockers, Demons to resume Jesse Hogan talks, Lachie Neale looms as key to multiple deals
JAY CLARK, Herald Sun
29 minutes ago
Subscriber only

FREMANTLE footy boss Peter Bell will fly into Melbourne tomorrow to resolve a series of impasses holding up the trade period with two days to go.

The Demons and Dockers traded barbs in their public statements on Friday, but are set to resume key talks over the future of Melbourne spearhead Jesse Hogan.

Deals involving Hogan, Lion Dayne Beams and Suns’ stopper Steven May all hinge on the Dockers releasing midfield hard-nut Lachie Neale to Brisbane for the Lions’ top pick (No. 5) and a swap of other selections.

IMPASSE: SHIEL DEAL IN LIMBO

GOING BACK: HOGAN SET FOR SHOCK SWITCH

170107375ab202660cd6cdf3bdffb31c

Lachie Neale looms as the man that could make the trade dominoes fall quickly tomorrow. Picture: Getty Images
Collingwood remains intent on landing Beams, the Magpies’ 2012 best and fairest winner, in return for pick No. 18 and a swap of future picks.

Collingwood wants to welcome back Beams and still have enough draft value index points to net academy prospect Isaac Quaynor and father-son Will Kelly.

Beams’ return would be a massive boost for the Collingwood engine room as it aims to avenge this year’s Grand Final loss to the Eagles.

The Neale deal will likely trigger Hogan’s move west to Fremantle, with the key forward’s connections hopeful the two clubs will final make ground on a deal today.

Hogan’s management had talks with Fremantle officials in Perth over the weekend.

bee70fd4697d4da69125232fe35af32a

Jesse Hogan’s chances of getting to Fremantle are not dead yet. Picture: AAP
As a minimum for Hogan, Melbourne want pick No. 5 (via Brisbane) and another pick to secure Gold Coast defenders May and Kade Kolodjashnij.

The Demons initially asked for two first-round selections for Hogan but that stance appears to have softened as the two clubs try to find a resolution.

But Geelong has stood form on its request for a top-10 selection from West Coast for gun midfielder Tim Kelly.

The Cats had talks with the Eagles yesterday and have rejected an offer of pick No. 20 and 22 for the star Geelong midfielder.

He could remain at Geelong where he is contracted for one more season unless West Coast considers including its future first-round pick to sweeten the deal, but that has noy yet been forthcoming.

085882e179768831872e0d661a75b4c7

Dayne Beams wants to get back to Collingwood. Picture: Getty Images
Top manager Paul Connors confirmed his client Beams wanted to return to the Pies before Wednesday’s 8.30pm trade deadline after losing his father this year.

But he said Collingwood would have to come to the party with some decent draft picks.

“It would have to be a very good deal for Brisbane to look at it,” Connors said.

“If a deal doesn’t get done, he’ll stay there, and that’s why everyone’s a bit obsessed whether he’s going to demand or ask for a trade home.

“I don’t think he has to, but behind the scenes, I think there’s some really mature conversations happening, and it would have to be very much weighted in the Lions’ favour for anything to be done, so let’s just wait and see.”

With as many as 20 players still in limbo, Sam Lloyd’s move from Richmond to the Western Bulldogs for pick No. 64 was the only deal done today.

The clever goal kicker is expected to become a mainstay of the Bulldogs’ small forward unit despite struggling for senior opportunities at Punt Rd.

c1f2b7504b7eddea85fa5befef1a83cc

Port Adelaide have yet to decide on Hawthorn’s Ryan Burton. Picture: Michael Klein
Port Adelaide’s medicos today completed an assessment on Ryan Burton in Las Vegas as Power chiefs look to strike a deal with Hawthorn over Chad Wingard.

Port wants Burton, pick No. 15 and potentially another future draft pick to be part of a deal to send Wingard, the 2013 best and fairest winner, to Waverley.

COMMENTS

Who the hell has suggested that???
We might get a late first rounder for our early second rounder next year as well for Beams. Which is terrible.

If we give two first rounders for Neale ok, but only after we trade 5 for 8 and 13, we at least keep one of those picks.

5 and Beams for Neale, is just an epic disaster for us. Neale is a very good player but only 3 year younger than Beams and didn't go too well in a poor Freo side. Look at Freo's last 5 games. Average losing margin close to 100

Apologies for the intrusion, I’m thinking if the lions haven’t already approached the crows, to offer 5 for 8&13, add the beams 18 selection on top of 2019 1st rd which would allow you to offer 8 & 13 for Neale while keeping pick 18 this year from pies. I fully expect the crows to offer similar If not more come draft to us.

In : Neale, and pies 18 and 2019 1st
Out : Beams 8 & 13

To much to pay ? Or would freo Bork at 8 &13 as opposed to 5 and 18 if that’s why the deal turns out to be

Apologies for the intrusion, I’m thinking if the lions haven’t already approached the crows, to offer 5 for 8&13, add the beams 18 selection on top of 2019 1st rd which would allow you to offer 8 & 13 for Neale while keeping pick 18 this year from pies. I fully expect the crows to offer similar If not more come draft to us.

In : Neale, and pies 18 and 2019 1st
Out : Beams 8 & 13

To much to pay ? Or would freo Bork at 8 &13 as opposed to 5 and 18 if that’s why the deal turns out to be
I could live with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back