News Oh wow, oh heavy, heavy, heavy - Lachie Neale trade thread (5, 19 & 55 for Neale & 30)

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Considering we were going to lose Beamer one way or the other Lachie really isn't a break even, he is a god send.

Agree, I expected to see some improvement next year with Beams and no Neale; I expect to see that same improvement next year with Neale and no Beams, potentially better.

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree, I expected to see some improvement next year with Beams and no Neale; I expect to see that same improvement next year with Neale and no Beams, potentially better.
We really needed a hard working inside mid to help Berry do the heavy lifting. Another preseason into Berry and then add Neale it is starting to look like a reasonable engine room. Matho keeps coming along.

This will only benefit our inside/outside guys and hopefully we get some nicer delivery into the fwd50.

I think for our team structure Neale could be a lot more valuable than Beams.

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
Yep

1) Beans and Neale move as part of the same deal.

IMG_3961.JPG

Is it true that noble said on the roar deal podcast that afl asked us to delay this trade for ratings?

He sounded reasonably serious about that actually...When I heard him say it I took it as fact, but it could be tongue in cheek.

Wouldnt put it past them though.

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
Is it true that noble said on the roar deal podcast that afl asked us to delay this trade for ratings?
They definetly wanted to hold back some deals for the late part. Have had it confirmed that a players manager was kept there from 8 till 8.30 due to this. Not happy about it the player managers and footy bosses

winged1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They definetly wanted to hold back some deals for the late part. Have had it confirmed that a players manager was kept there from 8 till 8.30 due to this. Not happy about it the player managers and footy bosses
Took from valuable pub time. That coke doesnt make its own lines.

Back