Game Day Oh yeah it's on

Remove this Banner Ad

I was working with a Collingwood supporter this week and he braught it up to tell you the truth. Said he expected more.

He'll be ok but he's a long way off before he comes good. I'd suggest patience with skinny outside players in a youngish side.

Well I would of Liked to see him get more Touches but you can see how good with the Ball he is

Might help he is somewhere he wants to be and is Happy. Shown some Promising Signs in the Intra-Club and NAB 1

That may well be the case, but he was happy to go to Brisbane, he had a shoulder reconstruction the year he was drafted, Brisbane was patient with him, was close friends with Mayes who Brisbane recruited the year before. As he said, "I knew I would probably be moving away from home, but I'm happy to go to Brisbane.''

The issue is that he was happy, and became unhappy because he wasn't being gifted games.

You can promise the world to a young kid, the issue is the opportunity cost. What happens if his form drops off so badly he deserves to be dropped? Is he going to be gifted games irrespective of form? Is he going to be dropped and maybe become unhappy again? There is only a happy ending if he doesn't suck and he obviously sucked enough to not get a game with Brisbane until his manager had to intervene to get him some games.

I hope he does well, don't like seeing players flush their careers down the toilet, but I'd be concerned at what is required to get players in through the door. Greenwood was sold on the same story of being offered more opportunity and he is one year in of his 4 year deal and his position looks even dodgier than it did at our club.

The state of happiness can change pretty quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back