Ok am bored... no footy.. team of best kicks...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
So no favourites, just best kicks...

FF: Breust - Dunstall - Brereton
HF: Gunston - Franklin - Bucky
Ce: Kapler - Jarman - Pritchard
HB: Birchall - Sicily - Hodge
FB: Guerra - Langford - Burton

Ru: McEvoy
RR: Burgoyne
Ro: Mitchell

I/C: Hill, Tuck, Platten and Schoey...

Pretty much nailed it I reckon. Assuming of course that's C Langford and S Mitchell :think: Kapler also maybe on the fringe although he had a lovely long left foot.

Hmmmm looking again. I'm thinking of subbing Roughy in to take Brereton's spot. Matter of some debate though and not sure how their % accuracy compares but I reckon Rough might have the better leg. Perhaps a more interesting question is Roughy or Dermott overall?

Hardwick instead of Burton for me, kids got the golden boot.

Matt Suckling, Ben Dixon, Jordan Lewis and Joel Smith all worthy. Rick Larson could bullet pass 50m as well as anyone.

Franklin and Rioli the most instinctive control and decision-making. Sam Mitchell misses out based on questionable set-shot routine

Hmmmm looking again. I'm thinking of subbing Roughy in to take Brereton's spot. Matter of some debate though and not sure how their % accuracy compares but I reckon Rough might have the better leg. Perhaps a more interesting question is Roughy or Dermott overall?
Roughy is an all time great, but Dermie is the ******* king!!

Oh my fecking god, how in the hell does Ken Judge get left out of a team of best kicks, unlike Suckling that had one shocking kick for every two good ones and just for another bit of a wake up shooter Williams was more than handy.

Okay this a subjective thing but kicking for your life inside 40m.

Another thing team list always start with the back line on the top and work down from there, have never understood why people do it any other way around, my junior days was always " now starting from the back line", league teams with Lou and Co was the same, the only time a team would get listed with the forwards on the top line is when both teams are listed together and in that case the home team would be starting from the back line on top.

If it's purely based on kicking. Gilham replaces Chris Langford and Everett replaces McEvoy. Otherwise I agree with most of the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also agree with those that say Dew, Dixon, Lewis and Suckling should be in contention.

Suckling could shank as good as anyone but when he kicks well he is just about the best of all time.

If it's purely based on kicking. Gilham replaces Chris Langford and Everett replaces McEvoy. Otherwise I agree with most of the team.
Gilham replace Langford? LOL you obvious never watched Langford.

Oh, as for FF, Peter Hudson wasn’t too shabby either (although that’s a bit early for me)

Simon Cox ( one of the best kicks ever)
I’d have Peter and Paul Hudson in.