Ok benny and Peggy what ya going to do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2003
somewhere in the jungle something is lurking
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tigers
You are our leaders the buck stops with you seriously now what are you going to do? Does anyone think that these 2 will do anything constructive in demand to paying members and supporters that basically own this club? Give us not just the vision but the process for I for one am sick of mediocrity

You are our leaders the buck stops with you seriously now what are you going to do? Does anyone think that these 2 will do anything constructive in demand to paying members and supporters that basically own this club? Give us not just the vision but the process for I for one am sick of mediocrity
No as they wouldn't have a clue where to start let alone make a decision. They seemed quite content last night watching the game. Everything was on track as we fell into the abyss of stabillis medicorates

See out the season, conduct a review, make changes.
Nothing to be gained by doing anything now.
Yes an endoscopic examination of their colons with a ccd camera
These clowns doing a review after they gave him a two year extension . Any review needs to be conducted by an external source with Ben and Peg part of the the people being investigated.

Surely there has to be a review. From outside the club. On everything. Because something isnt right.

It needs to be done before the season ends otherwise it could be too late to do something about it.

Hardwick should at least see out the season. But after that review no gurantees. Need to get a heap of quality in.
Unless we the club is confident in our recruiters then the review should already be underway. No way do we want to be replacing our recruiters in October when all the work has been done and about to be put in place. To hold off now is ludicrous. Got forbid we recruit more retreads to further hamper this club going forward.

IMO the recruitment department should be shown the door now and the 2016 recruiting should be done publicly in a poll in Big Footy. We have had enough recruiting Outside flankers, we are the ones emotionally connected to the club more than these blows ins from outside. Give us the reins for 2016, we won't do an worse:thumbsu:

Surely there has to be a review. From outside the club. On everything. Because something isnt right.

It needs to be done before the season ends otherwise it could be too late to do something about it.

Hardwick should at least see out the season. But after that review no gurantees. Need to get a heap of quality in.

The only way we'll improve if is an outsider tells it as it is, no sugar coating. Then of course we'd have to take the recommendations on board and implement them, that may not happen, generally people don't like being told that they need to pull up their socks

Unless we the club is confident in our recruiters then the review should already be underway. No way do we want to be replacing our recruiters in October when all the work has been done and about to be put in place. To hold off now is ludicrous. Got forbid we recruit more retreads to further hamper this club going forward.

IMO the recruitment department should be shown the door now and the 2016 recruiting should be done publicly in a poll in Big Footy. We have had enough recruiting Outside flankers, we are the ones emotionally connected to the club more than these blows ins from outside. Give us the reins for 2016, we won't do an worse:thumbsu:
Agree recruiting has been a joke for years now how they all still have a job is beyond belief.

Wouldnt hold a poll on bigfooty tho lol

Agree recruiting has been a joke for years now how they all still have a job is beyond belief.

Wouldnt hold a poll on bigfooty tho lol
Someone has to do it. Might as well give some anonymous fans a crack as clearly nobody is held accountable for it.

Just amazes me the club is going down the same road as every other year. Not one of our second round selections in the last five years would get a game at another club. Quite a damning stat that. K Mac is probably our best 2nd rounder, nobody else has come on. Either it's the recruiters or our development staff. I would start with the recruiters, Hartley & Jackson should go first followed by Choco and the rest of our development staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well..we will take it week by week. Next week we will examine things on the training track and tweak our game plan. Norf are a very good team and wil play finals........blah blah blah.

Someone has to do it. Might as well give some anonymous fans a crack as clearly nobody is held accountable for it.

Just amazes me the club is going down the same road as every other year. Not one of our second round selections in the last five years would get a game at another club. Quite a damning stat that. K Mac is probably our best 2nd rounder, nobody else has come on. Either it's the recruiters or our development staff. I would start with the recruiters, Hartley & Jackson should go first followed by Choco and the rest of our development staff.
Id say kmac, menadue, lloyd.. yea cant come up with many that would get games. Part of that has to be due to our development. Get mcartney as a development coach known to be a hardass. Which is probably what we need more of. Hard love.

Id say kmac, menadue, lloyd.. yea cant come up with many that would get games. Part of that has to be due to our development. Get mcartney as a development coach known to be a hardass. Which is probably what we need more of. Hard love.
Choco is very much a hard arse so I don't think this will work.

Hartley would be the first I'd get rid of.
A. He's made too many bad calls on recruiting deadwood from other clubs
B. The role of list manager is over-rated and not worth the $ clubs invest in it.

When better players do not want to come to the club there seems to be a bad reputation somewhere about something if it becomes a repetitive thing and frankly now RFC's track record becomes a difficult selling point.

Really, the club is nearly forced to go long term, seek draft picks and young players because anybody else could not believe them!!

Last edited:
Hartley would be the first I'd get rid of.
A. He's made too many bad calls on recruiting deadwood from other clubs
B. The role of list manager is over-rated and not worth the $ clubs invest in it.

Would not say its overrated but seriously how is this guy even qualified?

Seems like a rank amateur in a cottage industry and probably playing the role of a yes man because they like to disperse responsibility so no one gets the blame in the collective!

If idiots are being lead by idiots its hard to improve.

Would not say its overrated but seriously how is this guy even qualified?
He was at Port, but not saying that qualifies him. Somebody high up must have thought he was doing a good job over there.
As I said though he has made far to many bad calls in relation to identifying role players from other clubs to continue in the position.

Choco is very much a hard arse so I don't think this will work.
Serious question. Is Choco the development coach? Is there a team of development coaches?
I think development is a huge part of our problem.
Take C. Ellis for example. When he was drafted he was considered a bargain at 12(?) and an elite kick. I don't see it, yet. That has to come down to development.

He was at Port, but not saying that qualifies him. Somebody high up must have thought he was doing a good job over there.
As I said though he has made far to many bad calls in relation to identifying role players from other clubs to continue in the position.

I don't think AFL experience qualifies you for the job unless you have a hell of a great track record!! One would need to be free from bias and other complementary factors such as the support network

Without thinking I would replace him with a rocket scientist who never saw the game and did not know what a football looked like

Serious question. Is Choco the development coach? Is there a team of development coaches?
I think development is a huge part of our problem.
Take C. Ellis for example. When he was drafted he was considered a bargain at 12(?) and an elite kick. I don't see it, yet. That has to come down to development.

When you think of a development coach you think of coaches that can teach players the skills and little tricks of playing back/forward/mid roles. Also obviously working on technique issue's such as kicking, marking etc.
Not sure if that is Choco's speciality.
Not saying he can't coach, just not sure of his credentials as a development coach.

Well Benny and Peggy. Next year when we are playing 3.30 Sunday games and we only have 40000 members, let's see how stability goes then. The funny thing is if it was their business they would not let it get worse every year. Harding has surrounded himself with yes men. He has had 7 years. We need a complete Cleen out. Most of the football department a few of the board and a few players. The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Give themselves an uppercut because of the extension to the Hardwick contract.

It makes the charge of the light brigade seem like a rational proposition.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back