Ok benny and Peggy what ya going to do?

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Wow, so let's recap what happened:

1) We got outclassed by a team who was 9-1 and TOP OF THE LADDER going into the game, and coming off their first loss of the season, therefore making them even more determined not to drop another one.

2) The team we were facing is actually a bogey team who we've struggled to beat even when they were down, and we were up and about (does anyone remember 2013, when we were a 15-7 team, and North didn't even make finals, yet they beat us by 10 goals at Etihad?)

3) We lost our 2nd best defender before the game and he was replaced by Chaplin, then we lost a rotation with the Morris injury 9 minutes into the 1st quarter, THEN we lost Vlastuin before half time to concussion, and finally we then lost Griffiths to an ankle early in the 3rd quarter.

Seriously people, if this loss is supposed to be some eye-opening revelation of where the team is at, you people are high.

We were always going struggle in this fixture, however in the next 3 weeks we have 3 winnable matches against GC, Brisbane, and Port (though this one's becoming harder every week with their improved form, it's still winnable).

If we lose to GC or Brisbane in the next 3 weeks, I'll happily concede that that'll be a major blow, but losing to North is not enough for me to start tearing down the walls of Punt Road and demanding Dimma's head.

Finally, for a bit more context - everyone's fairytale team Carlton is currently 6-5, yet when they played North (with an older and more experienced team than we played them with I'll add), Carlton got done by about 70 points as well.

If you want to be irritated at losses, we should be irritated at the Melbourne and Port losses from earlier in the year, those are the losses that have put us in the s**t.

Win those two games like we should have (because we're better than both of them), and we'd be 6-5.

it was more the margin and the lack of effort that pissed people off.

If it were a close game it probably wouldn't have gotten near the reaction it did, nor would it have been as bad.

Nov 26, 2007
Queensland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hull City
it was more the margin and the lack of effort that pissed people off.

If it were a close game it probably wouldn't have gotten near the reaction it did, nor would it have been as bad.

Fair call, but the quality of the opposition has to be considered as well, not just the margin and/or perceived lack of effort.

For example, I was more disappointed with the last quarter against Essendon in Dreamtime last week, than I ever was at anything in Friday night's game, despite the fact that the Bombers game was a 38 point win, and the Kangaroos game was a 70 point loss.

I tell you what, if we go out and get beaten by 70 points against the Suns next week, then I'll be tearing down Punt Road and calling for sackings myself... but getting done by North in that way, while not enjoyable, is something I can somewhat stomach, because North are the premiership favourites for mine at the moment.

I think North's window is basically only this year, and maybe next year, before a dramatic fall is coming their way when their old guys retire, however for the next 18 months, I can easily see North winning a flag, or maybe even two.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Is this the same opposition we finished above at the end of the HA season last year ? Who then wiped us in the EF ? We were told cream was added on top ( which was be to me after seeing the cream) by DH and yet everything looks just as what people were predicting years ago. My belief is the list FD game plan needs to improve every year especially if success has not been attained.
Nope we opted for stability and have been found out.
Peg and Ben failed when they renewed DH contract over a What's App conversation. Amateurs are running this club.
Watch them spin the propaganda after our next two soft wins.
He's beaten North once in his last ten games after they rested a ship load of players. He also has never been able to beat Geelong.
No wonder the Scott's wives want a divorce after they play us.
The constant theme of failure in big games is what needed to be addressed b4 resigning the caretaker among other things like whether he was capable of taking this list further rather than being where it is . The answers were about two weeks away.

Apr 12, 2015
Nathalia Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
lol at those who suggest boycotting memberships - classic case of cutting off your nose to spite your face... :$
Seriously dude what other way would you go about making a point cause the hierarchy are too stabilized for the clubs good.?

Apr 12, 2015
Nathalia Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United

1) We got outclassed by a team who was 9-1 and TOP OF THE LADDER going into the game, and coming off their first loss of the season, therefore making them even more determined not to drop another one.

2) The team we were facing is actually a bogey team who we've struggled to beat even when they were down, and we were up and about (does anyone remember 2013, when we were a 15-7 team, and North didn't even make finals, yet they beat us by 10 goals at Etihad?)

3) We lost our 2nd best defender before the game and he was replaced by Chaplin, then we lost a rotation with the Morris injury 9 minutes into the 1st quarter, THEN we lost Vlastuin before half time to concussion, and finally we then lost Griffiths to an ankle early in the 3rd quarter.

Seriously people, if this loss is supposed to be some eye-opening revelation of where the team is at, you people are high.

We were always going struggle in this fixture, however in the next 3 weeks we have 3 winnable matches against GC, Brisbane, and Port (though this one's becoming harder every week with their improved form, it's still winnable).

If we lose to GC or Brisbane in the next 3 weeks, I'll happily concede that that'll be a major blow, but losing to North is not enough for me to start tearing down the walls of Punt Road and demanding Dimma's head.

Finally, for a bit more context - everyone's fairytale team Carlton is currently 6-5, yet when they played North (with an older and more experienced team than we played them with I'll add), Carlton got done by about 70 points as well.

If you want to be irritated at losses, we should be irritated at the Melbourne and Port losses from earlier in the year, those are the losses that have put us in the s**t.

Win those two games like we should have (because we're better than both of them), and we'd be 6-5.
And if you thought those 3 things would have changed the result well i think you should wake up from whatever dreamland your in.

Nov 26, 2007
Queensland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hull City
Is this the same opposition we finished above at the end of the HA season last year ? Who then wiped us in the EF ? We were told cream was added on top ( which was be to me after seeing the cream) by DH and yet everything looks just as what people were predicting years ago. My belief is the list FD game plan needs to improve every year especially if success has not been attained.
Nope we opted for stability and have been found out.
Peg and Ben failed when they renewed DH contract over a What's App conversation. Amateurs are running this club.
Watch them spin the propaganda after our next two soft wins.
He's beaten North once in his last ten games after they rested a ship load of players. He also has never been able to beat Geelong.
No wonder the Scott's wives want a divorce after they play us.
The constant theme of failure in big games is what needed to be addressed b4 resigning the caretaker among other things like whether he was capable of taking this list further rather than being where it is . The answers were about two weeks away.

North vastly unperformed in 2015 H&A season, I think it was a given by most pundits that they did just enough to get in and nothing more. But that proved to be a masterstroke, because they peaked at the right time and nearly cracked a GF appearance.

The EF was as true of an indication of where the two teams are at as you can get imo.

North are better than us, because they have more experience and a better all-round team at the moment, due to having some veterans peaking well into their 30's.

They match up well on us, and we were unfortunate enough to draw them in an EF.

As for the Geelong thing... well since the year 2000, Richmond has an overall record of 2 wins and 18 losses against the Cats, the last win coming in 2006, so I don't think we can put ALL of the blame of that onto Hardwick; the club has been performing poorly against that specific team for nearly 2 decades.

And if you thought those 3 things would have changed the result well i think you should wake up from whatever dreamland your in.

I'm not saying that those 3 things would have meant a win, I'm AM however saying that those 3 things probably contributed to the manner of the loss.

All things being equal with form and injuries, North are simply a better footy team than us at the present minute. But seeing as you could probably say they're a Top 2 or 3 team in the competition, that's not a disaster in my opinion.

If you also take into consideration the age demographics and list profiles of the 2 sides, it's pretty clear why they're up there.

What we saw on Friday night was a below par Richmond performance, and a very strong North performance, which adds further pain to it. However make no mistake, even if we were in our best form, we would still most likely have lost.

If both teams are at their best, North pip us by 2-3 goals still, but at the moment we're clearly not firing on all cylinders. We NEED to get better than that, I'm not denying or trying to spin it, but I just think this much of a reaction to a loss against a genuine premiership contender, is just a bit much.

The loss to Collingwood, and perhaps also to Melbourne, are far more worrying than Friday night's game.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
North vastly unperformed in 2015 H&A season, I think it was a given by most pundits that they did just enough to get in and nothing more. But that proved to be a masterstroke, because they peaked at the right time and nearly cracked a GF appearance.

The EF was as true of an indication of where the two teams are at as you can get imo.

North are better than us, because they have more experience and a better all-round team at the moment, due to having some veterans peaking well into their 30's.

As for the Geelong thing... well since the year 2000, Richmond has an overall record of 2 wins and 18 losses against the Cats, the last win coming in 2006, so I don't think we can put ALL of the blame of that onto Hardwick; the club has been performing poorly against that specific team for nearly 2 decades.

I'm not saying that those 3 things would have meant a win, I'm AM however saying that those 3 things probably contributed to the manner of the loss.

All things being equal with form and injuries, North are simply a better footy team than us at the present minute. But seeing as you could probably say they're a Top 2 or 3 team in the competition, that's not a disaster in my opinion.

If you also take into consideration the age demographics and list profiles of the 2 sides, it's pretty clear why they're up there.

What we saw on Friday night was a below par Richmond performance, and a very strong North performance, which adds further pain to it. However make no mistake, even if we were in our best form, we would still most likely have lost.

If both teams are at their best, North pip us by 2-3 goals still, but at the moment we're clearly not firing on all cylinders. We NEED to get better than that, I'm not denying or trying to spin it, but I just think this much of a reaction to a loss against a genuine premiership contender, is just a bit much.

The loss to Collingwood, and perhaps also to Melbourne, are far more worrying than Friday night's game.
North have always been better than us under DH . Why bc we are Pygmy monkeys compared to Gorillas. It's time to start a rebuild and time to get the boys making use of those so called amazing training facilities rather than talking about them. We peaked into the finals in 2014 and got found out. DH and co should have opted long term as they're just jogging up and down on the one spot while clubs are running passed us. Amazing how the CFC has improved so quickly even after making 15 additions. It's not hard to play the game unless you're impatient lazy inept or incompetent or all of these. Dan suggested we may have been all of these.

Seriously dude what other way would you go about making a point cause the hierarchy are too stabilized for the clubs good.?

How about actually using your vote to effect change?

It makes no sense to say "I want the board overthrown, and the way I will achieve this is by giving up my right to vote against the board"

Where is the egm trigger petition??

People want the board booted, but just like voting at the egm/agm, people are all talk and no action

Given only 10% vote at an agm, I'm not surprised

We love bitching, but god forbid we actually do something

If you cancel your membership, only to renew it if the club gets success, then you are a bandwagoner plain and simple.

I'd qualify this

There is no issue being a member or not, we all support and follow the club in our own ways

My issue is with people who stop supporting the club because its too hard, and then jump back on when its good

If you stop following the tigs to follow another club, or to be a neutral supporter of the afl, your dead to me as a tigs supporter

Barracking for the club isn't like the city circle tram, you don't jump on and off whenever you give a s**t

Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders
I'd qualify this

There is no issue being a member or not, we all support and follow the club in our own ways

My issue is with people who stop supporting the club because its too hard, and then jump back on when its good

If you stop following the tigs to follow another club, or to be a neutral supporter of the afl, your dead to me as a tigs supporter

Barracking for the club isn't like the city circle tram, you don't jump on and off whenever you give a s**t
I see a difference here though. Those saying they may not renew their memberships are doing so because of issues with the Board and Football Department, not because the team is not playing well. They seem IMO to be at the end point of frustration at those areas of the Club and feel this is the best option to show the Board that FD changes need to be made.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I see a difference here though. Those saying they may not renew their memberships are doing so because of issues with the Board and Football Department, not because the team is not playing well. They seem IMO to be at the end point of frustration at those areas of the Club and feel this is the best option to show the Board that FD changes need to be made.

They may not do anything because as I just posted in a new thread the tail wags the dog at RFC possibly!

Its not the best option to show that frustration though, voting them out is

Downgrade your membership to a three gamer by all means, but abandoning your membership as a protest against the current board is the best way to ensure the current board will remain in place

your membership is your voice if you choose to use it

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond

Downgrade your membership to a three gamer by all means, but abandoning your membership as a protest against the current board is the best way to ensure the current board will remain in place

Might be looking at a power battle here

Jan 3, 2005
At Home
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
L.A. Kings, Oakland Raiders

Not arguing one way or the other, just highlighting that to claim them as bandwagon supporters is wrong. As their contemplation about their Membership is not based solely on the Team's W/L record.

Apr 7, 2004
Pluto
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TOO
See out the season, conduct a review, make changes.
Nothing to be gained by doing anything now.
Why do they need to spend more money on paying so called experts to conduct a review. Pay me a couple of hundred and I can have it Bennys inbox in 10 minutes. One sentence sack the lot of them and hire a completely new unit. The end

Apr 7, 2004
Pluto
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TOO
If you cancel your membership, only to renew it if the club gets success, then you are a bandwagoner plain and simple.

well here is the thing...yes you can call them bandwagoners, but yes too they can call you an imbecile that is pissing his money up against the wall and thinks it a competition on who can stay loyal the longest. ;)

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
well here is the thing...yes you can call them bandwagoners, but yes too they can call you an imbecile that is pissing his money up against the wall and thinks it a competition on who can stay loyal the longest. ;)

I guess I'm using supporter and member interchangeably, as long as you remain a supporter its not so bad. I just don't agree with supporters completely turning on the club, supporting a different club and then coming back if that club becomes successful.

Goldfrog

Senior List
Dec 27, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Australia

Outclassed is the right word. That is the problem not the injuries. I watched it on TV, so my observations are based on that, but the gulf in ability, in pressure and in endeavour was huge. I'm not moaning about a loss, and never do, IF we play well. That exhibition was barely AFL standard, especially as while North are good, they are only probably one of several teams in the mix. If we couldn't be at least competitive with them, even with our injuries, then we aren't up to it.
And our coach says we can still make the finals. Oh dear! I have no problem with him thinking that, but there are times when you keep your ^#^*%&&* mouth shut. That was one of them. It totally ruins his credibility. And ours.
What disappoints me the most is that the general consensus going into the game was that we would be competitive even if we didn't win. I believe most people thought that and then we get thrashed like we did. And we follow that up with a goalless three quarters against Coburg in the VFL. We don't need any more proof, regardless of what we manage for the remainder of the season.

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators

Don't forget Roosy is 4-0 v Hardwick in his time at Melbourne - 3 home and away, one NAB Cup.

How about actually using your vote to effect change?

It makes no sense to say "I want the board overthrown, and the way I will achieve this is by giving up my right to vote against the board"

Where is the egm trigger petition??

People want the board booted, but just like voting at the egm/agm, people are all talk and no action

Given only 10% vote at an agm, I'm not surprised

We love bitching, but god forbid we actually do something

Who do you think you are with your common sense approach? You strut in here, like utensil of the walk what ever the hell that means and tell us to use the club constitution to effect change. GAGF with that. I'd rather rant via social media like a little whore. Seems to be the way these days.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I guess I'm using supporter and member interchangeably, as long as you remain a supporter its not so bad. I just don't agree with supporters completely turning on the club, supporting a different club and then coming back if that club becomes successful.
Who said anything about supporting a different club, we have limited ability to get our message through, I have no doubt that these boards are monitored, any organisation that doesn't monitor what happens and what us said in the inter web has its head up its arse, if people threaten to withhold support ie memberships then that us an issue that the pub cannot ignore.

We are all stakeholders, make them take notice, we can vote this years there is a board election, but it needs a credible candidate, but the threat of losing 30 k members needs to be real,email the club, I have already voiced my concerns both verbally and via email, if you want change do so,

I know some on here don't approve but we are on the road o nowhere

Back