Ok, so was it as bad as you thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because this time we've got most of our senior players in, and not resting the remaining few for an entire half.

Who said anything about the league?

You REST senior players?

For god sake why? It's not like you're swimming in talent down there at Blue land.

I do find that rather amusing though. "Yeah, we're s**t, but if we hadn't rested those senior players....." :D

Someone pass the popcorn, Thrawn and Jade are at it again.

Just like the good old times. :D

I genuinely don't understand the logic.

Why would the supporter of a team that is WORSE than a club that's lost half its best side be spruiking the merits of their club?

I mean in a league of seventeen other teams, Carlton may quite literally be the ONLY club that can claim that.

I genuinely don't understand the logic.

Why would the supporter of a team that is WORSE than a club that's lost half its best side be spruiking the merits of their club?

I mean in a league of seventeen other teams, Carlton may quite literally be the ONLY club that can claim that.
Kek.

well done OP five pages in less than 24 hrs, I know it's not like the heady days but a few EFC supporters up and about - putting in a good positive effort much like our team and club at the moment.

No one ever stops barracking for a football club. Not in this generation anyway.

Changing teams is taboo. Always has been.

The AFL was always going to control the damage. We knew that. Essendon folding or being banished from the AFL was never going to happen. We knew that.
Essendon being punished as a club for team wide doping was never going to happen. We knew that.

4 years ago, The worst possible scenario was that WADA would wrestle control of the situation from the AFL and ban the 34 players for 2 years.
Sponsors would walk and the club would be propped up financially by the AFL as a result. They'd get top-ups and free hits at the draft to limit the damage, but would ultimately be banished to the wastelands of on-field mediocrity for 10 years. Members would go cold for a year or two then start to come back as the doom started to lift.

That was the doomsday scenario.

That was the worst it could realistically ever have been.

Sounds pretty ******* close to the scenario that has actually panned out! The only difference obviously is that the members didn't go cold and sponsors didn't walk.
That's the only difference. And really, that's a difference that no one really gives a stuff about.

The Best case, was nothing at all would come of it. Hird would walk but the players and club never missed a beat. They'd continue their rise up the ladder and be a flag threat as per their projectory suggested.

That was the best case.

The realistic best case, was that Hird and everyone else involved would go, the club would cop a slap on the wrist as punishment and the players do a deal to miss 6 games. After which they'd carry on as if nothing ever happened and be in the top 4 as early as the very next season.

That is what actually could have happened!

Now look at what has actually occurred.

It is very close to the doomsday scenario. And very, very far from the best case!
I've meet a couple ex Carlton supporters (albeit their defection is relatively historical)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back