Roast OK that's it! Why won't we employ a full time kicking coach??

Remove this Banner Ad

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yet again abysmal set shot kicking gave an opponent an armchair ride and it's time to forget about the frigging tax and get someone in there who understands about football and kicking.
Same goes for ruck coach.
It's all very well to stand on principle but FFS it's costing us game after game.

Yet again abysmal set shot kicking gave an opponent an armchair ride and it's time to forget about the frigging tax and get someone in there who understands about football and kicking.
It's all very well to stand on principle but FFS it's costing us game after game.

Kicking for goal is all about confidence. And our players have none.

Can't you ever give it a rest Sco? As far as I'm concerned it's about the club and players not making points on a footy forum ffs.

Nah you defended this garbage for three years now you're looking for another excuse!

I'm over it. We have an excuse for everything. The problem is we don't move the ball well. It exposes us on the rebound, we're always stagnant, we overpossess and it means we're always taking 50/50 shots. That is why we struggle to convert. Employing a kicking coach to sit under Buckley won't do s**t whilst we persist with his rubbish brand of footy.

FWIW you're effort to avoid the swear filter is in poor taste. Thread should be shut immediately.

It's not technique and/or skills, it can't be that after SO long. It's mental and confidence. Look at Elliott, Wells and WHE...granted they're already better than average with their skills but they've been pretty good with their kicking, coming in fresh into the side. Fasolo is supposedly a good kick but he's probably thinking he's no good at set shots atm. Which is a shocking mindset for a professional athlete.

Our lack of confidence is also affecting our ability to pull the trigger and go through the middle until it's too late and they literally have no other option.

Nah you defended this garbage for three years now you're looking for another excuse!

I'm over it. We have an excuse for everything. The problem is we don't move the ball well. It exposes us on the rebound, we're always stagnant, we overpossess and it means we're always taking 50/50 shots. That is why we struggle to convert. Employing a kicking coach to sit under Buckley won't do s**t whilst we persist with his rubbish brand of footy.

FWIW you're effort to avoid the swear filter is in poor taste. Thread should be shut immediately.
FWIW sniping at any attempt at positive analysis to score points is in poor taste but hey what do I know - I'm just a poor silly supporter more concerned with the club rather than the constant need to score points against other posters eh??

FWIW sniping at any attempt at positive analysis to score points is in poor taste but hey what do I know - I'm just a poor silly supporter more concerned with the club rather than the constant need to score points against other posters eh??

Given I'm here all the time riding the high's and lows as much as any of us I'm happy with my posting.

There's enough nastiness floating around on here tonight so I just want to re-state how glad I am we don't have the injury card to play this year :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As good as Grundy is he has a long way to go to be a good tap ruck.

He often deadpans it within a foot of himself even when he has clear wins.

Essendon have obviously done their homework as they often sharked him by keeping inside position on their opponents.

He needs to learn to be able to clear the ball into either space to a players advantage side, or be able too hit over the inner ring of players.

Absolutely.

As good as Grundy is he has a long way to go to be a good tap ruck.

He often deadpans it within a foot of himself even when he has clear wins.

Essendon have obviously done their homework as they often sharked him by keeping inside position on their opponents.

He needs to learn to be able to clear the ball into either space to a players advantage side, or be able too hit over the inner ring of players.
Yep.
He's got a lot to learn and needs a full-time, qualified ruck coach.

It's not technique and/or skills, it can't be that after SO long. It's mental and confidence. Look at Elliott, Wells and WHE...granted they're already better than average with their skills but they've been pretty good with their kicking, coming in fresh into the side. Fasolo is supposedly a good kick but he's probably thinking he's no good at set shots atm. Which is a shocking mindset for a professional athlete.

Our lack of confidence is also affecting our ability to pull the trigger and go through the middle until it's too late and they literally have no other option.
Think you make a good point, it seems that it is internal (self) pressure and lack of confidence which possibly is another reason why they hold on to the ball too long. At the same time a ruck coach and a different skills coach wouldn't go astray.

Need to be careful analysing it as some posters see it as another excuse.

Because Buckley is running this show and he doesn't want anyone interfering.

We have a bio mechanist, we appointed him at the start of 2015, he's obviously doing a stellar job.o_O

He's now a full time assistant with the VFL team it seems, as he's one of the three main coaches at the huddles. (if MagpieBat is correct and I always assume he is when it comes to VFL)

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-03-05/the-finer-points-of-football

LinkedIn profile;

https://au.linkedin.com/in/jamie-cassidy-mcnamara-65456556

Article from end of 2014 when he was appointed;

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/23f5895e29aa40f2dd9867ec9500210b

After doing some research and calculating, this is the accuracy percentage of goals scored, and this excludes rushed behinds.

1. Geelong (94.43) = 68.61%
2. Adelaide (100.53) = 65.36%
3. Gold Coast (73.41) = 64.04%
4. Brisbane (62.36) = 63.27%
5. West Coast (71.46) = 60.68%
6. Port Adelaide (82.58] = 58.57%
7. Sydney (55.39) = 58.51%
8. Essendon (68.49) = 58.12%
9. GWS (84.61) = 57.93%
10. Melbourne (70.51) = 57.85%
11. Richmond (74.55) = 57.36%
12. North Melbourne (61.46) = 57.01%
13. Fremantle (56.44) = 56%
14. Carlton (48.41) = 53.93%
15. Western Bulldogs (70.60) = 53.85%
16. Hawthorn (55.50) = 52.38%
17. St.Kilda (62.64) = 49.21%
18. Collingwood (52.60) = 46.43%

We've had more goal scoring opportunities than Brisbane, Sydney, North Melbourne, Fremantle, Carlton and Hawthorn, and yet we sit last.

We have a bio mechanist, we appointed him at the start of 2015, he's obviously doing a stellar job.o_O

He's now a full time assistant with the VFL team it seems, as he's one of the three main coaches at the huddles. (if MagpieBat is correct and I always assume he is when it comes to VFL)

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-03-05/the-finer-points-of-football

LinkedIn profile;

https://au.linkedin.com/in/jamie-cassidy-mcnamara-65456556

Article from end of 2014 when he was appointed;

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/23f5895e29aa40f2dd9867ec9500210b

giphy.gif

Surely it wouldn't cost too much to employ someone of the ilk of Matthew Lloyd for five hours a week.

Ffs Jay Schulz was a brilliant kick. It'd probably cost us $450 for a seasons worth of coaching with him.

Enough talk about him actually playing, what about as a goal kicking coach, he was an absolutly beautiful kick of the footy and would help our forwards for next season.
Thoughts, i am being serious..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back