Ok what the hell is going on with Starc

Remove this Banner Ad

Spencer Johnson needs to be prioritised.
He's already being prioritised. He'd played 6 List A games where he took 6 wickets @ 48 at an economy rate of 5.52 yet still got to play an ODI where he got tonked for 0/61 off 8 despite not having to bowl any overs at the death.

31.1 runs per wicket, S/R 88
Pace bowlers 30.4 runs per wicket, 5.6 RPO

For modern world cups, the big leap was from 2011 to 2015, which unsurprisingly coincided with the huge boom of T20.

View attachment 1848939
Surprised by that tbh. The associates might've bought it down a bit as that was a 14 team tournament from memory. I just remember NZ's postage stamp grounds allowing for mammoth totals.

Surprised by that tbh. The associates might've bought it down a bit as that was a 14 team tournament from memory. I just remember NZ's postage stamp grounds allowing for mammoth totals.
For matches only involving the Test playing nations at the time (so no Afg, Ire, Sco, UAE) it's an average of 32.05 at a sr of 91.44. Very similar to the current World Cup.

100%.

I'd love a bit of credit from the board for calling this out back during the Ashes - and backing my opinion with money.

Him and J.Hazlewood are barely state standard at the moment. They are finished at this level.

It is almost at the stage now where we need to lose to Bangladesh for the benefit of Australian cricket in the future.

Posters who brag about their betting deserve the contempt that came your way during the Ashes. STFU about losing your money next time.

However I do agree with you re: Starc and Hazelwood, we have to start phasing them both out.

Posters who brag about their betting deserve the contempt that came your way during the Ashes. STFU about losing your money next time.

However I do agree with you re: Starc and Hazelwood, we have to start phasing them both out.

Not bragging about my betting at all.

WTF would I brag about losing money?

Simply pointing out that I backed my opinion. Which is a hell of a lot more than 99% of others do.

Not bragging about my betting at all.

WTF would I brag about losing money?

Simply pointing out that I backed my opinion. Which is a hell of a lot more than 99% of others do.
You literally bragged about buying a $4,000 watch with your winnings. In a thread that you created, solely to tell us about your "can't lose" bet....

Thank you sir. Just purchased a $4000 dollar watch on afterpay. Going to use my winnings to pay it off come the end of the month.

Calling that starc and hazlewood (both fast bowlers who are 33+) are coming to the end of their careers is hardly the stuff of Nostradamus.

They both had pretty decent Ashes series as well, especially given England, for obvious reasons, trotted out much better batting wickets than is par for the course for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back