OKC Thunder Thread.

bootsmalicious

Senior List
Apr 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton F.C, Orlando Magic, Broncos
As an orlando fan, I feel like this is a win win trade. You guys upgrade at the shooting guard position, while we end the issue of having to play oladipo and payton together (where they don't gel at all). We also solve one of our biggest weaknesses in paint d by getting an elite interior defender

bootsmalicious

Senior List
Apr 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton F.C, Orlando Magic, Broncos
He is still needed for defence but it'd be good to start with a good defender that can score in dipo would've been happen for a straight swap and to get sabonis is insane
I still think he'll start and oladipo will take the waiters role purely because oladipo needs the rock in his hands to score and with westbrook and more than likely durant I'm not sure how often that will happen

Waiters wants to return. What do we say here?

Depends how confident they are in Payne being able to consistently log minutes and contribute I think.

Also dependent on whether they see Roberson moving to the 4 or continuing in his current role.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Depends how confident they are in Payne being able to consistently log minutes and contribute I think.

Also dependent on whether they see Roberson moving to the 4 or continuing in his current role.

Depends on how much he wants, as you would think with Roberson and Oladipo playing the majority of minutes at the 2, there wo't be much left for Waiters. Although that depends on other roster moves and internal improvement I guess.

If waiters plays how he did during the post season then I would like him back but only on a reasonable contract.

Does anyone think morrow has any chance to stay on the roster and furthermore be put in the rotation to play meaningful minutes?

Isn't he a free agent/has an option we can pick up? Again depending how much he's on, I can see him staying on the roster, although I can't see him getting many meaningful minutes. But always good to be able to turn to someone who is such a dead-eye shooter.

The real question is, what do we do with Singler?

Jul 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
The real question is, what do we do with Singler?

No to Jeff Green thanks, doesn't rebound, not a good defender and only a mediocre scorer at best..

There's been some talk that we might ship Singler off with Kanter in a package in order to free up space to land a starting caliber PF...

I don't really want Kanter gone as him and Adams being paired together were the reason we got past the Spurs but I really want to get rid of Singler!!

Singler is nearly on as much as Cotrney Lee which really baffles me as you would've thought he was more the type of player our team would've needed.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
So apparently we are interested in bringing in Al Horford, who KD has said he would love to play with, as well as playing under Donovan at Florida where they won back to back NCAA championships.

Obviously we would have to trade out Kanter and Singler to be able to afford him, but if everything comes together could be a good get. Would make the Ibaka trade make more sense, assuming Horford and Adams can play together which I think they can.

What do you guys think? Still unlikely at this point, but Presti is definitely going for broke.

Also, with the money being thrown around in free-agency so far, it makes Singlers contract look almost reasonable.

Jul 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
AL ended up signing in Boston, apparently he was interested in coming over to OKC but both KD and Russ were non commital about there long term future with us, this ultimately made AL sign elsewhere by all report.

That doesn't bode well for us if our two franchise superstars can't commit to our team knowing that if they did it would more likely end up in a championship with the new roster we would've had.

I think it's about time we start thinking about life after KD and Russ as its very real they won't stick around. We'll need a miracle to keep them, let's hope Oladipio can be the 3rd option that answers all of our prayers and we get a ring this coming season because that is the only way both stay

Jul 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
For the first time I have this bad feeling in my stomach that Durant might be gone. I always thought that he would at least sign the 1+1 deal with us and have one last run for a ring especially with Dipo and Sabonis as the new additions, but after reading reports about Durant and GSW I'm starting to get worried.

If he leaves I'll be shattered.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
For the first time I have this bad feeling in my stomach that Durant might be gone. I always thought that he would at least sign the 1+1 deal with us and have one last run for a ring especially with Dipo and Sabonis as the new additions, but after reading reports about Durant and GSW I'm starting to get worried.

If he leaves I'll be shattered.

I had that same feeling waking up this morning and looking at the latest tweets and articles, but I think he might be headed to Boston. Apparently he had a 2nd meeting with us overnight, and is very close to making his decision.

I mean, to be fair he doesn't really owe us anything, although you would think he would come back for 1 more year with us sooo close to a ring and Westbrook still contracted for 1 more year. But I would still be devastated if he left. Although Boston does make a lot of sense for him if you think about it, and I wouldn't be as mad if he left for them, just annoyed/upset.

If he goes to the Warriors though.....:mad::'(

In other news, our rostered players have been playing well albeit in the summer league. Hopefully Payne and McGary can take the next step next season. Payne especially will be looking at getting more minutes you would think in the second unit.

Jul 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Apparently his decision will be finalised tomorrow 4th of July American time.

That's very true Young_Guns we are stacked with young talent in Adams, Payne, McGary, Roberson, Sabonis, Kanter and Oladipio we won't be down for long if Durant does walk out.

I just hope Russ stays and we build a contender around him..

Roughies Boys

Cancelled
Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Apparently his decision will be finalised tomorrow 4th of July American time.

That's very true Young_Guns we are stacked with young talent in Adams, Payne, McGary, Roberson, Sabonis, Kanter and Oladipio we won't be down for long if Durant does walk out.

I just hope Russ stays and we build a contender around him..
Probably won't know until when we wake up unless you stay up

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
*MELT ALERT*

You piece of S*** Campaigner!

You talk big game about being a low key down to earth guy who is sick of these super teams forming. You go toe-to-toe with them throughout the season and face off in the Conference Finals. Your up 3-1 before you specifically are one of the players who choke in the final 3 games to see us bow out. Even with all the s*** that went on in that series that you see happen to your team teammates, at least we could see we were so close. We get rid of one of the most loyal, well liked guys on the roster who didn't get enough touches because of you and replace him with a guy you wanted to play with. We go and try to sign another guy you want, who doesn't come because you couldn't guarantee anything. And then you go and pull this move.

You could have gone to any team in the league, yet you choose the one that is already stacked, and the only one that proved it could beat us. I hope you enjoy any glory that comes your way with them, you really deserve it, coat-tailing onto their success like a finished vet looking for one final chance at a ring. People said that you could never be THE guy on a championship team and I disagreed, but now you are just proving that to be true.

*MELT OVER*

Anyway, what do we do now? Re-sign Dion? See if its not to late to bring in Barnes (yuck)? Just let Russ go ham all season and see what happens? Also, who steps in at the 3? Possibly Roberson and Oladipo start with Dion still coming off the bench, perhaps.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Man, that sucks for OKC. Feel sorry for their fans. The dream is over.

Jul 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
[/QUOTE]="Young_Guns, post: 45379032, member: 135863"]
Anyway, what do we do now? Re-sign Dion? See if its not to late to bring in Barnes (yuck)? Just let Russ go ham all season and see what happens? Also, who steps in at the 3? Possibly Roberson and Oladipo start with Dion still coming off the bench, perhaps.[/QUOTE]

I think finding a decent small forward who is capable of putting up 20 points per game might be the first thing to do. I heard talk that a sign and trade to Sacramento with Dion for Rudy Gay might be an option. I honestly don't like Rudy but I don't hate the idea.. Sign Allan Crabbe up to play with the second unit (I think he is a RFA) or even the first unit depending how you want to use Rudy.

Rudy Gay would only get signed to a one year contract, so Thunder can have one last legitimate run at a title.

Finally Keep Faith in your young bigs to be able to fill out the minutes at the power forward position.

Our team roster could look something like this,

Westbrook / Payne
Oladipio / Roberson / Morrow
Gay / Crabbe / Singler
Kanter / McGary / Collison
Adams / Sabonis / Dakari Johnson

Would love to somehow get rid of Singler and find a player who could interchange between SF and PF but I have no idea who that would be.

Alternatively We blow everything up and start again with youth by Trading Westbrook to someone like Minny or LA for packages of Wiggins, Dunn and draft picks or Ingram, D'Angelo Russel plus draft picks. But not sure either Minny or LA would do this for a 1 year rental of Westbrook.

What are your guys thoughts on what Presti does from here??

Back