OKC Thunder Thread.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I think finding a decent small forward who is capable of putting up 20 points per game might be the first thing to do. I heard talk that a sign and trade to Sacramento with Dion for Rudy Gay might be an option. I honestly don't like Rudy but I don't hate the idea.. Sign Allan Crabbe up to play with the second unit (I think he is a RFA) or even the first unit depending how you want to use Rudy.

Rudy Gay would only get signed to a one year contract, so Thunder can have one last legitimate run at a title.

Finally Keep Faith in your young bigs to be able to fill out the minutes at the power forward position.

Our team roster could look something like this,

Westbrook / Payne
Oladipio / Roberson / Morrow
Gay / Crabbe / Singler
Kanter / McGary / Collison
Adams / Sabonis / Dakari Johnson

Would love to somehow get rid of Singler and find a player who could interchange between SF and PF but I have no idea who that would be.

Alternatively We blow everything up and start again with youth by Trading Westbrook to someone like Minny or LA for packages of Wiggins, Dunn and draft picks or Ingram, D'Angelo Russel plus draft picks. But not sure either Minny or LA would do this for a 1 year rental of Westbrook.

What are your guys thoughts on what Presti does from here??

Sit in the shower and cry like Im doing? :D:'(

Seriously though, I have no idea. Not much left at that spot in free agency so we might have to swing a trade.

That roster you've put up there, even minus Gay is still a play-off team but not a great one. As you said we have great options and depth in the bigs department, + Russ (for now) and Oladipo, but I just don't know what we do from here.

If Russ says he wants out now, then it's obviously the end of our run, but we've got a pretty good start on a rebuild and this years draft is meant to be pretty good.

But yeah, I dont know, still getting over the news.

Blake Griffin being mentioned.

Interesting. Is from Oklahoma, and things weren't going great for him at the clippers last season I think I recall? Plus if he comes in right after Durant leaves, the people of Oklahoma will cling to him and he will be THE guy in the city.

But what would we have to give up for him? I dont know how a trade for him would work.

Jul 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Blake Griffin being mentioned.
Where did you hear this?? That would be huge if he were willing to come back home to play for the Thunder, as he would fill that role of a superstar Power forward Perfectly but I don't see how we make it happen.

We have nothing to trade that would realistically interest the Clippers and he isn't a Free Agent until next year.

Imagine a starting line up of

Westbrook/ Oladipio/ Gay/ Griffin and Adams.....

With a bench of Payne/ Roberson/ Crabbe/ Sabonis and Kanter...

We would be straight back into contender mode with that line up

Last edited:

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
I think Al Horford is probably more likely than Griffin. He's a better fit imo and would cost significantly less I would imagine.

What's going to be scary is Cleveland will respond to this move from KD. If it was in question before I think a DWade move to the cavs is imminent

Roughies Boys

Cancelled
Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Al Horford is probably more likely than Griffin. He's a better fit imo and would cost significantly less I would imagine.

What's going to be scary is Cleveland will respond to this move from KD. If it was in question before I think a DWade move to the cavs is imminent
Horford signed at Celtics remember.

Twitter... NBA handle said OKC looking at Griffin

Nov 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea, Melbourne City, OKC
Filthy. Absolutely filthy... He took so long to make his decision that there are no free agents left for us to sign...

Enjoy the hollow championships, nobody will respect him, just like nobody respected LeBron until he won a championship with the Cavs.

Jul 2, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
If Westbrook isn't going to commit to us past his contract then I want Presti to go hard and trade him for Brandon Ingram and D'Angelo Russel.

Ingram is a freak and D'Angelo makes so much sense for us.

Imagine rebuilding around

D'Angelo Russel / C. Payne
Oladipio / Morrow
Ingram / Roberson / Heustis
Kanter / Sabonis / McGary
Adams / Dakari Johnson / Collison

No seriously that could one awesomely talented young team. The oldest player on that list is 24 and is full of SEVEN LOTTERY PICKS and 10 FIRST ROUNDERS when you include Roberson, McGary and Heustis in that list.

I would hate to see Westbrook go but I wouldn't blame him if he did and if we can get something back that can help us build and contend in the near future then I'm all for it.

We could also easily add a max salary to that list next season, someone like Blake Griffin would be effing perfect!!!!!

What do you all think? Would this be a silver lining to a bad situation??

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea, Melbourne City, OKC
If Westbrook isn't going to commit to us past his contract then I want Presti to go hard and trade him for Brandon Ingram and D'Angelo Russel.

Oladipio / Morrow

No seriously that could one awesomely talented young team. The oldest player on that list is 24 and is full of SEVEN LOTTERY PICKS and 10 FIRST ROUNDERS when you include Roberson, McGary and Heustis in that list.

I would hate to see Westbrook go but I wouldn't blame him if he did and if we can get something back that can help us build and contend in the near future then I'm all for it.

We could also easily add a max salary to that list next season, someone like Blake Griffin would be effing perfect!!!!!

Young enough so when they become good they can leave again. Yes, I am bitter.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders

Oladipio / Morrow

I would love this to happen if we were to lose Russ.

But I cant see the Lakers doing that deal, especially with Westbrook only having 1 year left before he is unrestricted (even though you would assume he would re-sign on a max at the Lakers.

However, if that went down, it would be amazing.

But I don't wanna have to get new jerseys...

In all seriousness if Russ is gonna go, now is the time to do it. Unfortunately. The fall from grace is real.

Russ to Philly for BS. :p

Yezeha

All Australian
Feb 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
I feel like a massive burden has been lifted on OKC now that Durant is gone. Expectation was always very high and each season was a 'championship or bust' kind of thing. Now, I think OKC fans can just hop on the Westbrook train and enjoy the ride without much stress. Would be great to have a 50 win season and win a playoff series but the expectations have been reduced.

In Russ we Trust!!!!

Breaking news: Westbrook has agreed to a 3 year extension worth $85 million, with a player option for the 3rd year.

Presti do your magic and build a contender around Russ now we have him for certain the next couple of years.

Brings us into the picture for Blake i reckon.

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Smart from Westbrook. Really he's only adding an extra year, but makes an extra $16m or something over the next two, and gets the PR boost with it. Then opts out at the time he becomes eligible for his 10-year deal.

That said, I don't see him leaving. He is wired differently, and while he is possibly the most competitive player in professional sport, I also don't think it would affect him much if he never wins a chip. He is able to switch off completely outside of basketball.

Yezeha

All Australian
Feb 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Well, looks like the schedule is out. Nice start with the Sixers, Suns and Lakers for the first three games. Then extremely tough away games to the Clippers and Warriors on back-to-back nights :eek::eek::eek:

Looking through the first 10 games, I think a record of about 6-4 seems reasonable as of right now. Probably need to see how the team goes in preseason before we can really set expectations for the season.

http://www.nba.com/thunder/schedule/

Back