OKC Thunder Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I see your point. Without doing any research id say Westbrook still gave up the rock to Durant pretty well. Kd won 3 or 4? Scoring titles with okc. You could argue that just shows how efficient kd is but still.
Russ seemed to get less inclined the longer they played together as maybe there was a bit of a power battle there and russ is clearly the more aggressive. KD said himself while at okc he needs to be more aggressive so if he wasnt calling for it you cant really blame Russ for trying to get it done.

But I feel he has matured since then and will genuinely do game by game whatever he thinks will help the team win.

See.. I think his assist numbers will drop because his usage rate will drop.
Having said that, if they play defense at all-nba level as a team then he should pick up some cheap assists from turnovers.
I'm not an okc fan but I can't wait to watch this team when they fire up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeh fair call but you also have to factor in he really didnt have much to pass to last season. I actually think his assists will go up and points and rebounds will take a fair hit.

I see your point. Without doing any research id say Westbrook still gave up the rock to Durant pretty well. Kd won 3 or 4? Scoring titles with okc. You could argue that just shows how efficient kd is but still.
Russ seemed to get less inclined the longer they played together as maybe there was a bit of a power battle there and russ is clearly the more aggressive. KD said himself while at okc he needs to be more aggressive so if he wasnt calling for it you cant really blame Russ for trying to get it done.

But I feel he has matured since then and will genuinely do game by game whatever he thinks will help the team win.

Durant won 4 scoring titles. The first one came before Westbrook was a star. The next two he had a pretty low scoring average for a scoring leader (both less than 28ppg) and the 4th one came in a season where Westbook was injured for half the year.

But in their last two seasons together Westbrook averaged an extra shot per game (though that was influenced by Westbrook shooting more in games when Durant was out injured in 2014-15). But evven taking that into consideration the number of shots taken were close. It's just Durant was so much more efficient when shooting. In those two seasons Durant was more than 10% better in eFG and 6% better from the free throw line.

Melo and George aren't that efficient.

I'm just not sure if Westbrook's ego can be changed. It wasn't changed in 2015 when he missed half the season and OKC still won 59 games (25-11 when Russ wasn't playing). Which was only one season after Durant missed 55 games and OKC failed to make the playoffs. After back to back seasons of that you think a guy would realize that Durant is more important.

I really hope he has matured. Hopefully he got the ball hog out of his system last year and will settle back into a normal usage rate this year. I want someone to challenge the Warriors. Having a 6 or 7 game series with someone will be great (as long as the Warriors win obviously ;) )

Durant won 4 scoring titles. The first one came before Westbrook was a star. The next two he had a pretty low scoring average for a scoring leader (both less than 28ppg) and the 4th one came in a season where Westbook was injured for half the year.

But in their last two seasons together Westbrook averaged an extra shot per game (though that was influenced by Westbrook shooting more in games when Durant was out injured in 2014-15). But evven taking that into consideration the number of shots taken were close. It's just Durant was so much more efficient when shooting. In those two seasons Durant was more than 10% better in eFG and 6% better from the free throw line.

I'm just not sure if Westbrook's ego can be changed. It wasn't changed in 2015 when he missed half the season and OKC still won 59 games (25-11 when Russ wasn't playing). Which was only one season after Durant missed 55 games and OKC failed to make the playoffs. After back to back seasons of that you think a guy would realize that Durant is more important.

I really hope he has matured. Hopefully he got the ball hog out of his system last year and will settle back into a normal usage rate this year. I want someone to challenge the Warriors. Having a 6 or 7 game series with someone will be great (as long as the Warriors win obviously ;) )

Hard to see GSW not winning it all again, but stranger things have happened

I suppose I should've done some research haha... I used to get so frustrated myself with Westbrook for trying to do too much and not even considering his options, just forcing it. Though he would usually do multiple things to make up for it after.

I feel he only ballhogged last year because he thought that was our best chance of winning games, he trusted noone to shoot it and alot of his assists came from him drawing double and triple teams and creating a shot for his teamate. Noone else could really create their own shot so as silly as it sounds it probably was our best chance at winning games and we actually had a pretty good season. 47-35 Lost 4-1 to the rockets but besides getting blown out in the 2nd half of game 1 we were right in all the other games till the end.

I suppose I should've done some research haha... I used to get so frustrated myself with Westbrook for trying to do too much and not even considering his options, just forcing it. Though he would usually do multiple things to make up for it after.

I feel he only ballhogged last year because he thought that was our best chance of winning games, he trusted noone to shoot it and alot of his assists came from him drawing double and triple teams and creating a shot for his teamate. Noone else could really create their own shot so as silly as it sounds it probably was our best chance at winning games and we actually had a pretty good season. 47-35 Lost 4-1 to the rockets but besides getting blown out in the 2nd half of game 1 we were right in all the other games till the end.

Okc could do with some shooting coming off the bench, but a matchup against Houston in th playoffs again would be very entertaining

So we committed to Paul George...

What do we need for our bench?
A consistent scorer... whole team needs consistency. Im not usually one to call for a coaches head but geez who do you blame for such inconsistency in effort and energy? I feel for Russ because he tries his guts out every night to bring the energy.

This team looks built for playoffs. Huge game tomorrow. I know Roberson is a great defender but seriously if we are relying on him to be there to beat middle of the pack teams we might as well pack it in now.

A consistent scorer... whole team needs consistency. Im not usually one to call for a coaches head but geez who do you blame for such inconsistency in effort and energy? I feel for Russ because he tries his guts out every night to bring the energy.

This team looks built for playoffs. Huge game tomorrow. I know Roberson is a great defender but seriously if we are relying on him to be there to beat middle of the pack teams we might as well pack it in now.

Bellinelli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our Free Agency....

PG is staying
Melo opts in
Grant & Felton come back.
Nerlens Noel joins OKC

Goodbye Nic Collison. Retire.

Ok, just discovered this thread. Generally i'm just into NBA twitter but i'd be keen on establishing a bit of a community here for my fandom.

Anyway, the offseason was awesome. Nice summary Worpedo:

Our Free Agency....

PG is staying
Melo opts in
Grant & Felton come back.
Nerlens Noel joins OKC

Goodbye Nic Collison. Retire.

Since then:

Melo trade for Schroder and TLC
Dakari traded indirectly for Abdel Nader
Signing Diallo for a three year deal
Two-way contract for Deonte Burton

This gives us a depth chart of:

PG: Russ, Schroder, Felton
SG: Roberson, Abrines, Ferguson, Diallo
SF: George, TLC, Nader
PF: PPat, Grant
C: Adams, Noel
2-way: Burton

Obviously the one missing is Singler who i imagine we will look to deal. There is a lot of talk that something will get done by the start of the season. If they are looking to save on tax then i could imagine Singler + Abrines being packaged together and traded to Sacramento. I also wouldn't be surprised if we hold off and look to deal him at the trade deadline but Royce Young seems confident that it will be done before the start of the season so i guess we shall see.

What do you guys think? What are you most looking forward to this season?

Here are some offseason workouts which you have probably already watched but which got me pretty excited!

Ok, just discovered this thread. Generally i'm just into NBA twitter but i'd be keen on establishing a bit of a community here for my fandom.

Anyway, the offseason was awesome. Nice summary Worpedo:

Since then:

Melo trade for Schroder and TLC
Dakari traded indirectly for Abdel Nader
Signing Diallo for a three year deal
Two-way contract for Deonte Burton

This gives us a depth chart of:

PG: Russ, Schroder, Felton
SG: Roberson, Abrines, Ferguson, Diallo
SF: George, TLC, Nader
PF: PPat, Grant
C: Adams, Noel
2-way: Burton

Obviously the one missing is Singler who i imagine we will look to deal. There is a lot of talk that something will get done by the start of the season. If they are looking to save on tax then i could imagine Singler + Abrines being packaged together and traded to Sacramento. I also wouldn't be surprised if we hold off and look to deal him at the trade deadline but Royce Young seems confident that it will be done before the start of the season so i guess we shall see.

What do you guys think? What are you most looking forward to this season?

Here are some offseason workouts which you have probably already watched but which got me pretty excited!

I will celebrate when Singler is gone

I will celebrate when Singler is gone

Does that achieve anything for us short term rather then leave a roster spot free?
Financially it makes little difference cos we could use the tax payers MLE if we found someone we wanted to sign. Problem is that we don't actually have a roster spot.

I thought Paul George would improve Westbrook's efficiency and spread the offense. Evidently not. It's not like Grant, Ferguson and Schroder are mugs
Fargo just inconsistent at shooting 3's. still young learning his craft more & more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back