OKC Thunder Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad luck OKC fans

They played as well as anyone could against the best team ever in one season 73-9

They left nothing on the table

Three point shooting was woeful all series ....they need a sniper from downtown ......they may need to trade but they need to find a guy that can get hot from downtown to match the three point barrage from other teams.

Just a question ....did nick collision play much this year ...didn't see him much in this series ...was he injured

Caron Butler...:(

Caron Butler would have been great. Man we really we need a 2-guard who can shoot a three and defend, not one or the other. (Same problem as weve had for the last 3 years.

Just a question ....did nick collision play much this year ...didn't see him much in this series ...was he injured
Broken/Fractured rib apparently. Hurt it in the Dallas series.

Caron Butler would have been great. Man we really we need a 2-guard who can shoot a three and defend, not one or the other. (Same problem as weve had for the last 3 years.

Why did Butler only spend a season with us?

Would've helped our run immensely.

Why did Butler only spend a season with us?

Would've helped our run immensely.

Contract was up I think? And I think he may have wanted a bigger role/ more money possibly than we were offering?

And I think he may be a bit old and past it now, but who knows how he may have used him off the bench.

Once the dust settles OKC's playoff run should be celebrated. You guys beat an all time great team in the Spurs and forced a Game 7 against maybe the GOAT team of all time. Amazing effort.

Ok .....hmm he would have been useful in the Gsw series

Once the dust settles OKC's playoff run should be celebrated. You guys beat an all time great team in the Spurs and forced a Game 7 against maybe the GOAT team of all time. Amazing effort.

They are one piece away from a championship .....a decent three point shooter so durant and Westbrook don't have to jack up so many threes

They are one piece away from a championship .....a decent three point shooter so durant and Westbrook don't have to jack up so many threes
We already have a more then decent 3 point shooter in Morrow but the problem is he isn't much good on the defensive end. We need a 3&D guy, both Batum and Courtney Lee are free agents, we need to land one. Or even an Afflalo would work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already have a more then decent 3 point shooter in Morrow but the problem is he isn't much good on the defensive end. We need a 3&D guy, both Batum and Courtney Lee are free agents, we need to land one. Or even an Afflalo would work.
Yup

A three point shooter who can play some point guard, slash and play D

We dont need to add anything, our team is good enough to win it all as is, its all about being smarter down the stretch and trusting our role players. Kanter was +13 & +11 in games 6 & 7 but played stuff all time, tjey couldn't defend him. Get him the ball in the low block and let him go to work when we need easy buckets. Ball movement and defensive intensity need to be sorted in the off season, as well as kd re upping and we can win it all next year

We dont need to add anything, our team is good enough to win it all as is, its all about being smarter down the stretch and trusting our role players. Kanter was +13 & +11 in games 6 & 7 but played stuff all time, tjey couldn't defend him. Get him the ball in the low block and let him go to work when we need easy buckets. Ball movement and defensive intensity need to be sorted in the off season, as well as kd re upping and we can win it all next year

You won't win without at least one decent three point shooter

We've got Morrow who if we could integrate him somehow while hiding his defensive deficiencies would be pretty lethal. No leaving him open in the corner. But that would rely on KD, Russ and Adams bringing their finals defence and losing Roberson's defence.

If we could run some plays for a change to give KD some open looks from 3 we'd have a much higher percentage as well, rather than his contested Iso plays.

Also, kinda off topic, but I hope we spend the off-season with Ibaka practising down low. I know he can knock down a 3 at an ok rate, but he looks so much more dangerous in and around the paint. Plus with him in there with Adams/Kanter crashing the offensive boards, opposition teams will have to start packing the paint, leaving the likes of KD, Russ, Foye, Morrow out on the perimeter to do their thing (obviously wouldn't work as well with Roberson as his man will just sag and let him attempt the 3). He would be a genuine double double threat every game.

Can't wait to see how CPayne develops too. Love the kid and with our rate of developing guards recently (well Westbrook, Harden, and Jackson, and DION?????) hopefully he's next in line. Although Monty Williams leaving could hurt as if I recall he has been the one working closely with these guys??? Any ideas who will replace him?

I can't believe Serge is actually gone. Has been huge for us throughout his career and the big 3 is now broken up. :( We are gonna miss his defense massively as well as his ability to stretch the floor. Sentimentally it is a big loss for us.

But in saying that you can't not do that trade. I have wanted Oladipo since we got rid of Harden, and can't believe we have actually got him. He is a great fit for us either starting or running the second unit. We finally have the 2 guard that can score and defend that we have been crying out for absolutely ages. It will be interesting to see what this means for Dion though, as they are similar players with Oladipo being an upgrade.

The fact that we got him and Sabonis and Ilyasova is a great trade!

Means McGary's gotta step up now or we'll be relying on old man Collison a fair bit next season.

I think Ilyasova is a sneaky good pick up for you guys aswell. Replaces alot of what Ibaka did for you guys on offence but is a better shooter. On D is obviously a different story

I think Ilyasova is a sneaky good pick up for you guys aswell. Replaces alot of what Ibaka did for you guys on offence but is a better shooter. On D is obviously a different story

Yeah, originally I thought we would just waive him right away, but we do need more 3-pt shooting especially to replace Ibaka. Wouldn't go playing him with Kanter too much though. :)

I would rather him on the roster than Singler.

I really don't know how I feel about this trade tbh...

I just hope KD is on board with it and Oladipio can be a consistent 3rd offensive threat for us.

I like Sabonis but as he seems like a smart player and a workhorse but his size worries me. He comes from great pedigree but his reach is below average for a power forward.

Ideally I would've loved Jimmy Butler if we were going to trade Ibaka, who knows what Presti has up his sleeve though, I feel like there are going to be more moves made for the thunder.

Our core is now Durant, Westbrook and Adams everyone else is now disposable around these 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back