Competitions Okely Dokely Goal Kicking Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im too good for this competition now, thankyou for the eternal recognition.

Hey DB, this is what I think of when I look at your profile:

office-space-1999-movie-review-pieces-of-flair-joanna-jennifer-aniston-boss.jpg

:p

Just went through some previous editions of the game Drugs Are Bad Mackay? , hooly dooly there some confusing rules in the past.

Must have been hell to track.

Hello sports fans and fellow agitators and welcome to the newest installment of the Adelaide Board goal kicking game. The new moniker is recognition of our three previous winners - SugarShane, Coopers and Hinkstuff - well done guys.

We've had five versions of the goal kicking game so far and have been fine tuning the rules as we go. This time though we've put a broom through - much as the Crows should have done post Tippettgate - and it's a whole new ball game. With new exciting rules. Slippery slope... gone!. Immunity Cards... gone! And plenty of other fun stuff. This has been done for a couple of reasons:
1) I was getting a bit bored,
and 2) I didn't win under the old rules.

If you thought previous versions were complicated... wait for this doozy.

Rules
You have to pick a Crows goal kicker each week. You can’t pick the same player twice. And that's where the similarity ends.

The deal now is that every goal your selected goal kicker kicks counts for you. Eg if you pick Dangerfield and he kicks 3 goals (fat chance) then you get the three goals added to your score. These goals go into your "bank."

Playing "costs" 1 goal per round.

You have to have at least 1 goal in your bank at the end of the game to progress to the next round.

Bank
All participants get 1 goal in their bank automatically at the start of the game. This is because I'm such a swell guy and also so that we don't wipe half the field in the first week like last time.

If your goal kicker doesn't kick a goal and you have 0 goals in your bank, then you are eliminated. Last one left wins.

If we reach the final round and there are >1 players still remaining, then the one with the most goals in their bank wins.

Pointless Additions
Immunity Cards are gone but in their place are a couple of exciting new initiatives in the same spirit.

1. The first goal of the game bonus remains. If your player kicks the first goal of the game (not just the Crows first goal) then this counts double.

2. A match winning goal counts triple. To qualify as a match winning goal it must be the final goal of the game, and also must take the Crows from behind to in front. Please note - a goal when scores are level doesn't qualify. There can still be points scored afterwards to either team but not if these points have subsequently caused the lead to be changed or scores to be tied. Hmmm... I smell a misunderstanding brewing here.

Entering Selections
To enter the competition, you must submit a goal kicker before the first bounce of the Crows-Eagles clash. You make your selections in this thread. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce of the game.

Emergency / Sub
If your goalkicker is subbed on/subbed off... bad luck. If your goalkicker pulls out late, whichever player replaces him becomes your selection. If there is more than one late change, it is done in alphabetical order. I won't try to guess who has replaced who - too hard and not always obvious. So it will be done in alphabetical order. Please ask for clarification now if that doesn't make sense. Don't have a cry after you get eliminated because of it and claim you didn't understand.

Absenteeism
No doubt there will be some sob stories. Was travelling overseas in the mountains of Mongolia… internet was down… was working down a coal mine and didn’t have reception… kidnapped by aliens… Well hard cheese. If you don’t get your selection in then you get no one.

I know that's a lot to take in, so I have included a brief summary for the tldr posters:

Executive Summary
So yeah, you have to correctly guess which team will use their sub first and however many goals they kick gets added to your total score. If the Crows sub kicks more goals than the opposition sub you get an Immunity Card as well. If a team doesn't use a sub for whatever reason, then the game resets and you get all your wildcards back. You can play your joker whenever you want, but not in the even rounds or if our opposition is coming off a six day break. If your sub doesn't kick a goal but the player subbed off does, then PM me immediately with the code word and I'll grant you a double chance if it's before the final siren. The winner is the one with the highest number of goals per sub (minus wildcards).

Good luck.

If you don't understand, just pick a goal kicker and act like you understand.

You make your goal kicker selection in this thread so let's get this party started!

Just went through some previous editions of the game Drugs Are Bad Mackay? , hooly dooly there some confusing rules in the past.

Must have been hell to track.
I hated those rules........Untill Matty Wright won me that game :p

4 goals, 1st goal, game winning goal :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back