OKFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to be able to confirm but Godsy hasn't spoken to me since the season finished so I have no idea what is going on out at the Doon...

I know the first 4 are definitely gone just not sure about the Swindells.

Sounds like they are all playing seniors, why would you talk about reserves recruits on here?
Not talking about reserve recruits. Just saying that there may be room left for more players if some existing ones are happy to play 2s.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not talking about reserve recruits. Just saying that there may be room left for more players if some existing ones are happy to play 2s.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wasnt any spots left in last years reserve team so I would think it would be the same story this year, unless disgruntled reserves players are leaving. Plus the fact that thirds that are now to old to play U/18s will be moving up or along. Perhaps you'll be able to scout a few nthwangman

Hearing Hugh Amery is a definite starter for tarra. And also they have picked up another really good player from Mitta. Can see them beating the tigers now. Too much depth for any other team

Hearing Hugh Amery is a definite starter for tarra. And also they have picked up another really good player from Mitta. Can see them beating the tigers now. Too much depth for any other team

Picked up some very handy O&K players, hopefully they can knock off the McPhail Tigers !! Id be interested to see were tarra's points sit at the moment

Picked up some very handy O&K players, hopefully they can knock off the McPhail Tigers !! Id be interested to see were tarra's points sit at the moment

Will be very close to the cap of 42! If not a bit over. But you can only play 21 each week so should be under most week. A few unlucky ones will miss out but it won't be because of the points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing that stoney told him in at wang that he probably wasn't quiet upto senior footy at ovens and Murray level but also wanted to see him keep playing footy rather than quit all together so he encouraged him to go out to tarra. Given that both his parents have been apart of the committee in some form at some stage, and that his older brother is now playing there this year, I don't think he would be getting payed much at all, if any. But hey I could be wrong

I'm hearing that stoney told him in at wang that he probably wasn't quiet upto senior footy at ovens and Murray level but also wanted to see him keep playing footy rather than quit all together so he encouraged him to go out to tarra. Given that both his parents have been apart of the committee in some form at some stage, and that his older brother is now playing there this year, I don't think he would be getting payed much at all, if any. But hey I could be wrong
Surely Stoney wouldn't be telling his young players that they aren't up to it!? The guy has won league medals in the under 18s and is only very young why would he tell him an she no good and encourage him to go elsewhere?

Tarra look to be a well balanced side. Certainly my early pick to win it this year. Amazing that they are all playing for $25 a game too.

Surely Stoney wouldn't be telling his young players that they aren't up to it!? The guy has won league medals in the under 18s and is only very young why would he tell him an she no good and encourage him to go elsewhere?

Tarra look to be a well balanced side. Certainly my early pick to win it this year. Amazing that they are all playing for $25 a game too.

What are you worried about navy? Greta done well in off season as usual havent they? Every year you say how good they will be. Not some jealousy there is it?

Of course it would have nothing to do with club culture or the people running the club that would attract people. Just money

Wouldn't mind meeting the bloke who puts all the money into Tarra

What are you worried about navy? Greta done well in off season as usual havent they? Every year you say how good they will be. Not some jealousy there is it?
You must have mistaken my comments for sarcasm.
I keep hearing that they are all playing for unders because they want a flag so my comment about playing for $25 a week was a reference to them playing for next to nothing.

As far as me talking greta up every year, I think you will find I haven't made any bold predictions about how good we will be or who we will be better than. I only hope we improve on last year.

And on the famed "culture" at tarra let's not all pretend we know what the culture is like at every other club because I think as much as we would all like to think our clubs are the best, unless you have actually experienced another clubs culture you probably have no idea. All clubs including Tarra and Greta would have their share of everyday problems faced by the rest of society.

You must have mistaken my comments for sarcasm.
I keep hearing that they are all playing for unders because they want a flag so my comment about playing for $25 a week was a reference to them playing for next to nothing.

As far as me talking greta up every year, I think you will find I haven't made any bold predictions about how good we will be or who we will be better than. I only hope we improve on last year.

And on the famed "culture" at tarra let's not all pretend we know what the culture is like at every other club because I think as much as we would all like to think our clubs are the best, unless you have actually experienced another clubs culture you probably have no idea. All clubs including Tarra and Greta would have their share of everyday problems faced by the rest of society.

Yep spot on. No one really knows what goes on behind closed doors at other club. But I wasn't talking about other clubs, I was talking about Tarra!
No club can say that they have no issues and Tarra are no different to that. You don't have to look that far back to see how far Tarra has come as a club. And it wasn't changed by just getting good players into the club. It takes years to build culture and can go down the drain very quickly if you are not careful.

I think we find it hard to think that a club can attract players without spending big dollars in this day and age. And I understand that thinking.
As much as it pains me to say it Glenrowan have done an amazing job of keeping their group together for as long as they have.
We won't have to wait long to find out if it is money or success that drives their group with the cap coming in.

So im told afew blokes have taken a cut to fit in new players at the kennel, im assuming Hoggo, Xav and Quarters. My other mail is the Amery boys are going around for free.
Lets be serious if all the blokes going to Tarra were getting payed their market value they would need a Colin Joss type pouring the money in. The fact is most of these blokes are mates and just want to play in a flag together.. but haters are going to hate i guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Back