OKFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Really thought Greta vs Benalla would be closer than it was. I think my opinion after the moyhu game that Greta may not be as good as early season form suggests. Just had a look at their draw and think they might have a tough next month or two. Think they will fall down the ladder rapidly. Still already an improvement on last few years so not all doom and gloom.
Glenrowan by all accounts were very impressive in first half on weekend but must have been some sort of blowout in second half. Now out of the 6. I still think they will be a force but long way back to top 2 from here. Very hard to win from outside top two. Still think they can though
Greta had 3 really big "outs" against All Blacks which made a huge difference. This might sound harsh but I reckon with 2 key experienced forwards missing, the younger guys in the side may have decided early on it wasn't their day & played accordingly. What it probably does is highlight the issue of depth. They ran Goorambat to 15 points (41 points down @ half time) a week earlier so they will trouble sides who underestimate them.
That said, All Blacks never missed a beat & were super impressive.

They can hardly develop something that isn't there!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any truth to it all Nonch?
I think not a great move to bring in top talent this time of year. Doesnt look good for club. Understand what they are trying to do because of a few losses but I think they have the talent there anyway just need to get them on the park.
Few top end players everyone will be saying they all on big cash and points will be an issue and it just not a good look for club. Wont win any friends within league.

Any truth to it all Nonch?
I think not a great move to bring in top talent this time of year. Doesnt look good for club. Understand what they are trying to do because of a few losses but I think they have the talent there anyway just need to get them on the park.
Few top end players everyone will be saying they all on big cash and points will be an issue and it just not a good look for club. Wont win any friends within league.

I don't know about players from Melbourne. I do know that Gysberts works with Nige so he definitely would have spoken to him. Whether anything eventuates I guess we'll see in the next few weeks. But every club in the comp would exploit a connection like that, given the chance. Apart from that Corey Munro coming back is all I've heard.

Really though I don't see the issue. Everyone has roughly the same points and cash to spend - why get upset about how they do it? Tarra recruited specifically to improve in the areas that were exposed by Glenrowan last year. Why would it be wrong for Glenrowan to do the same now?

Having said that, the Tigers are still very confident that the list they have will be good enough come the end of the year, provided everyone comes back fit!

Really though I don't see the issue. Everyone has roughly the same points and cash to spend - why get upset about how they do it? Tarra recruited specifically to improve in the areas that were exposed by Glenrowan last year. Why would it be wrong for Glenrowan to do the same now?

Having said that, the Tigers are still very confident that the list they have will be good enough come the end of the year, provided everyone comes back fit!

Yep Spot on. Thats my point. Not sure if I expressed it properly but I think that it would be a sweet victory for them to do it with the blokes they have had for the last 3 years winning flags. I believe they can if they can get everyone on the park. 100% agree that every club would try and get a player like that if they had the connection. Dont think Jordan Gysberts should be playing Ovens and King at his age though. Would be a massive fall from grace.
I think provided they have enough blokes back later in the year they will play in Grandfinal anyway.

I don't know about players from Melbourne. I do know that Gysberts works with Nige so he definitely would have spoken to him. Whether anything eventuates I guess we'll see in the next few weeks. But every club in the comp would exploit a connection like that, given the chance. Apart from that Corey Munro coming back is all I've heard.

Flying munro back from qld, is that included in the cap?

Flying munro back from qld, is that included in the cap?
I doubt it would go unnoticed by the hub.
The tigers will still have a great side if they can get Max Scott, Duffey, Munro etc back in with 4-5 games left before finals. They will still not want to lose to many between now and then because winning from 5th or 6th wouldn't have been done many times and the likes of Sussyer, Normo, robinson, Cohan, etc have benefited from the rest during previous finals campaignes.
I reckon all blacks and GBat are going to win enough to finish 2nd and 3rd anyway so tigers will finish 4th at best.

Everyone wrote glenrowan off this time last year and they were flying at the right time of the year! I wouldn't count the chickens before they hatch!

I don't think anyone has written them off, have they? Most still believe Glenrowan has a genuine chance at playing in a fifth straight GF. The difference this year is that top two looks to be nigh on impossible, and Tarra is a whole lot stronger than it was last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone has written them off, have they? Most still believe Glenrowan has a genuine chance at playing in a fifth straight GF. The difference this year is that top two looks to be nigh on impossible, and Tarra is a whole lot stronger than it was last year.

Nonch are these guys that missing atm all guarenteed to come back. I know there's a couple OS but
why aren't the rest playing.....

Nonch are these guys that missing atm all guarenteed to come back. I know there's a couple OS but
why aren't the rest playing.....
Lawernce
Cohen
Munro
Gysberts
Witowski
Sussyer
Cambell
Cunningham
Elliot
Duffy
Scott
Potts

Just to name a few will be around at the end of the year...

Were within 4 points without those boys at half time against tarra... lets see how they go

Lawernce
Cohen
Munro
Gysberts
Witowski
Sussyer
Cambell
Cunningham
Elliot
Duffy
Scott
Potts

Were within 4 points without those boys at half time against tarra... lets see how they go

For someone who thought this forum was pathetic and never going to post again you seem to log on a bit and have a bit to say. And I'm not sure why your posting this stuff getting defensive. I think what you have said is exactly what everyone else has been saying on here. Think there is no doubt they will be great again at the end of the year. But where are they all now? Injuries? No interest yet?
Doesn't do the club any favours if thats the case

Lawernce
Cohen
Munro
Gysberts
Witowski
Sussyer
Cambell
Cunningham
Elliot
Duffy
Scott
Potts

Have to agree. Great effort to within 4pts at halftime without those players but what i want to know is what the hell happened after halftime? Did tarra just have another gear? Injuries? Or did the culture kings just give up?

If all the above players come in who are the unlucky blokes that miss out and how will the points go with these players coming in? I see youve been maxing out a bit already

Have to agree. Great effort to within 4pts at halftime without those players but what i want to know is what the hell happened after halftime? Did tarra just have another gear? Injuries? Or did the culture kings just give up?

If all the above players come in who are the unlucky blokes that miss out and how will the points go with these players coming in? I see youve been maxing out a bit already
If most of those come back it will probably make it easier points wise. Most of them are 1 pointers I think.

I worked the night shift last night so forgive me if my calculations are off but-

FB A Witowski 2 m witowski 2 Cohan 1
HB Scott 1 Fox 1. Elliott 3
C Bihun 1 Norman 1. Lawrence 1
HF. gray 1. Munro 1. Garland 5
FF M Robinson 1. N Robbo 1. kilner 2
R suss 1 Ralph 2 hansted 1
Int from
Duffey 1
Potts 1
Campbell 3
Reynolds 5
Gusberts 4
Dantonio 1
Cunningham 1

That's 44 points and I have named 25 players.

Tips for this week

This weeks is throwing up one of the less interesting rounds for the year so far. That said there are opportunities for Greta and Moyhu to match it with the flag contenders. While they’ll both lose, they could take some beating. Whorouly will get smashed – and it’ll be interesting to see if Bonnie Doon have turned the corner. It’ll also be good to see the Sunday game between North Wang and KV, the Valley are clinging on to something resembling form, but only just. With any luck it’ll be a good contest.

From the clearances it looks like the 22 ring ins that Glenrowan have paid for are still just a wet dream in Jason bed sheets.

Benalla All Blacks vs Whorouly – Benalla by 123
Goorambat & District vs Bright – Bats by 124
Greta vs Glenrowan – Glenrowan by 22
Milawa vs Bonnie Doon – Milawa by 38
Tarrawingee vs Moyhu – Tarra by 180
North Wangaratta vs King Valley – KV by 12

Benalla All Blacks vs Whorouly – Benalla by 150
Goorambat & District vs Bright – Bats by 100
Greta vs Glenrowan – Glenrowan by a couple of goals.
Milawa vs Bonnie Doon – Milawa by 70
Tarrawingee vs Moyhu – Tarra by 100
North Wangaratta vs King Valley – I'm tipping an upset Hawks by 3 points.

Benalla All Blacks vs Whorouly – Benalla by 150
Goorambat & District vs Bright – Bats by 100
Greta vs Glenrowan – Glenrowan by a couple of goals.
Milawa vs Bonnie Doon – Milawa by 70
Tarrawingee vs Moyhu – Tarra by 100
North Wangaratta vs King Valley – I'm tipping an upset Hawks by 3 points.
cupido in for the hawks should be goals they need

cupido in for the hawks should be goals they need
So the Hawks have taken the gamble on Cupido, lets hope they haven't blown their money, I guess sometimes you just have to roll the dice and see what happens.

Puns intended.
I'm all seriousness it will be exciting for the hawkers to play with someone of cupidos ilk, I reckon if they can get it down to him he will be the difference.

So the Hawks have taken the gamble on Cupido, lets hope they haven't blown their money, I guess sometimes you just have to roll the dice and see what happens.

Puns intended.
I'm all seriousness it will be exciting for the hawkers to play with someone of cupidos ilk, I reckon if they can get it down to him he will be the difference.
not much cash blown on him at all i would say alot more players in the o and k getting paid alot more i think they be a big chance sunday

Puns intended.
This just a one off game?

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back