What the heck? Ol' Gil launches court action over wind farm

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://at.adelaidenow.com.au/link/8468f850b3da6faa3af78e2050e58d33

“Even if it were to be conclusively established wind farms do not produce health problems, it’s annoying and affects quality of life,” he said.

“I was frankly heartbroken that this land will be forever marred by enormous man-made structures.”

Yeah, because broadscale land clearing for farming isn't marring the landscape already. Typical NIMBY.

What a flog.

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin

“Even if it were to be conclusively established wind farms do not produce health problems, it’s annoying and affects quality of life,” he said.

“I was frankly heartbroken that this land will be forever marred by enormous man-made structures.”

Yeah, because broadscale land clearing for farming isn't marring the landscape already. Typical NIMBY.

What a flog.
As a general rule, wind farm whingers tend to be some of the worst people you'll find anywhere. Can't say I'm shocked that Gil is one of them.

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
You tend to find wind farm objectors are neighbors, a hue of green with envy and with outstretched hands looking for a dollar to make themselves scarce.
Yes,neighbours who collect money and disappear out of the district to avoid confrontations with old friends.
Trouble will Gilboy and brother is they moved into an old farming district and outsourced all the work done on their property to upset the next doors.Plus they have little rat like dogs which yap at the sheep and drive the real farmers crazy.
No love for the Macs in this district and no support for em either.

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You tend to find wind farm objectors are neighbors, a hue of green with envy and with outstretched hands looking for a dollar to make themselves scarce.
Yep there seems to be this amazing correlation of people complaining about being sick from windfarms and the ones in the area who aren't profiting off them

Chubberson

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 12, 2011
radelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who wouldn't launch legal action about this kind of horrid disgusting puerile man made energy producing gyrating monolith. The fact we are still pursuing green energy at all has me utterly morose and is a grave injustice on all 34 farmers in the district. Take some bloody notes Gill you institutionalised halfwit and don't forget to spend time with the kids!!

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
where would you like your power from m8?
ab32ca63f3cf210c253a92780beda430d37b32bc0cc9e8a9856d1c2f72d8b56a.jpg

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe they should hook the generators up to AFL House. That's a wind farm if ever I've seen one.
True. Probably also make some biodiesel out of all the crap he has swept under the carpet.

What a flog.
Double flog.
There is no scientific evidence of any health problems from wind farms. No proper study has found any issues. "Infrasound' is blamed, but you get exposed to a lot more infrasound (60-70 dB) in your own home (if it's in a city) than you do from a wind turbine (40-50 db)
The graph below is taken from the SA EPA study which shows the amount of measured at location with and without wind farms
infrasound_sa_epa.jpg

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Now Gil, no one gives a f*ck what you or you brother think. Now go and get back to your game of polo, a spot of sailing, or whatever the right-wing privileged folk do in the off season.

Back