Olarenshaw...

Remove this Banner Ad

Anton Grbac

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2001
This is not a p*sstake.
I'm interested in how he's going fitness wise and whether you guys reckon he's worth the very big punt you've taken on him.

where's wally?

He will defintely play some games if he stays injury free, which he looks like doing.

He's not a big put anway because he cost us next to nothing.
Our 46 pick for him and pies 48 pick.

Wasn't he a compulsary acquisition because of some draft rule???

Either way he will only be a fill in player at best. I'm not sure where he can be of great value to the side, his not a goal sneak, doesn't have the stamina to play in the centre, down back? I dont think so.

He comes across as a quality individual and clubman and I hope he does well, but...

Interesting to read in today's Age that the Roos have ask the AFL if Ricky and Lindsay (I think) can play in this Friday's MK's practice match - for match practice.

Originally posted by Shinboners:
The key is "injury free" isn't it? I was pretty impressed by his efforts vs Freo...if you check the thread here about his goal creating effort from the back line, you'll find that plenty of us want him to do well.

Good call Shiner, I think alot of people have forgotten how useful he was at the Bummers.

If he can stay fit and rekindle some of that spark, he maybe very handy...(I hope).
smile.gif

Originally posted by Back door bob:

Good call Shiner, I think alot of people have forgotten how useful he was at the Bummers.

So tell us Bob, how useful was he ?
(He has managed 85 games in 8 years.)
He can't play in the backline, he certainly can't play key position, and he can't play in the centre. Is he a better forward than, say, Grant or Winnie ? Of course not.
His "game" against Freo was a shocker.

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

ah shut up Jub Jub u fukhed! I know hes in Inside Footy why dont u kindly quote how impresed Pagan is with him eh instead of trying to piss me off? and yep Malibu i saw that too in the Age damn i hope he plays Friday i wanna rock up at Vic Park in Roos stuff hehe!

sPiDeR eVeRiTt and RiCkY oLaReNsHaW
~kewlest players round!!!

I thought Ricky played very well against Freo (I was sitting near his flank). He could easily fit in as a half back flanker (or back pocket) - he also looks like he's prepared to go in hard and get the ball.

i.e. I'm sick of people rubbishing him, give the guy a break
smile.gif

As Sir Denis said "he's come from a long way back and he's only going to get better with every game he plays"

[This message has been edited by True_Roo (edited 22 March 2001).]

Originally posted by Carey_is_King:
So tell us Bob, how useful was he ?
(He has managed 85 games in 8 years.)
He can't play in the backline, he certainly can't play key position, and he can't play in the centre. Is he a better forward than, say, Grant or Winnie ? Of course not.
His "game" against Freo was a shocker.

All of his 85 games shockers were they?

Yeah your right lets write him off, after all Dennis does have a nasty habit of picking up crabs from other clubs and doing nothing with them doesn't he?
confused.gif

PS. Are Winnie and Grant original Roos? - think about it and give him a chance first mate!!

[This message has been edited by Back door bob (edited 22 March 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back