Old Bigpond full match replays

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks mate, yeah I'm checking the Classic AFL Games channel all the time, but most of the Essendon games on there I've either already got or (mostly) are ones we lose haha! But I'll certainly keep checking in case any others get uploaded. And yeah was a great win on Friday night, hope we can play like that from now on! You guys have a big game coming up against the Doggies, who'd have thought that game would have been so huge a month ago???

Yeah I know mate. The AFL taking all those games off the internet, really makes it hard for some of us pirates, who took for granted the access we had over the years. You used to be able to access NRL footage going back to 2004. This included 2008 World Cup, Tri Nations, the regular season and finals. It was mint, as a Storm fan. I reckon as of 2014, it started to be pulled. Damn sad.

As for your mentioning Friday, you cheeky bugger! We will probably get rolled, though I hope not. The Woods really disappointed on Saturday, and until we beat West Coast, no win is really worth the steam of a turd.

How about we just call Anzac Day a draw, to save me the embarrassment? Pretty please? :praying:

I wonder if the Bigpond links work for 2019? Some of the old links still work.

Also, would you happen to have a link, or recording, of the 2012 AFL Grand Final? The AFLs version is like 240p, absolute garbage.
Hey big fella,

The links of course would work for 2019, since the videos are still current on Telstra AFL tv, and the links go back to 2012. The thing with the years 2013 onward, is the formatting for the links become completely random, wheres you only had to change the ending according to round and teams playing, and whether it was finals or not.

Which links still work for you? Anything post 2009 should be available in grouse quality, because the largest video file per quarter was about 500MB. Take the following example for a NRL game:

http://ken-cdn220-is-2.se.bptvpd.ng..._rd26_replays_storm_vs_knights_1sthalf_2M.mp4

The ending "_2M" gave SUPERB quality. I don't have a copy of the old AFL links I am afraid, but the formatting was similar 2007-2012.

I wonder if the Bigpond links work for 2019? Some of the old links still work.

Also, would you happen to have a link, or recording, of the 2012 AFL Grand Final? The AFLs version is like 240p, absolute garbage.

There is a way to get 2019 links if you have a live pass and go on the match replays section of the AFL website.
At least it worked when I tried doing so a couple of weeks ago.

There is a way to get 2019 links if you have a live pass and go on the match replays section of the AFL website.
At least it worked when I tried doing so a couple of weeks ago.
I just use ffmpeg with the m3u8 ext. takes forever since it's streamed through their own cdn. Quality is so-so.

Going to try this once more
I'm looking for full match replays of some old Essendon games, if anyone knows where to find one or all of them I'd be very grateful!

-Rd 19 2006, Ess vs Coll
-Rd 4 2007, Ess vs StK
-Rd 14 2008, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 2 2009, Ess vs Freo
-Rd 9 2009, Ess vs Rich
-Rd 12 2009, Ess vs Melb

I heard a few months back that Fox will be launching a service that involves AFL replays. Big collection of games to be available to watch.
Not sure if that is true, if it is true we should see that launched by the end of the year. I kind of hope that happens because it would be a great source for old games, one we could exploit.
Could the footage of the games that we used to access through the Bigpond servers be moved to go into that Fox service?
Good call there, I guess that turned out to be Kayo.

Such a shame all of the 2000's stuff is long gone. I started archiving Richmond stuff years and years ago, but 1) never finished, and 2) * knows where that HD is these days.

I'm surprised the AFL haven't catalogued everything online and sold access to it. They'd get plenty of takers I'd imagine.

Anybody tried ripping video from Kayo? They're HLS Streams which I've been trying to grab with FFmpeg, but I'm getting a 'Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied)' error.

EDIT: Problem solved :grimacing:

Last edited:
Does anyone know how I can get these games? Any help greatly appreciated.

Collingwood v Port Adelaide, Round 6, 2004
More specifically the 3rd and 4th quarters

Collingwood v Geelong, Round 15, 2004
More specifically the 1st quarter

Collingwood v St Kilda, Round 6, 2005
More specifically the 2nd quarter

Collingwood v Fremantle, Round 7, 2005
More specifically the 4th quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I think its a pretty random number. No pattern as far as I know
2010-2012 games are predictable in URL

See all (eagles games) below

Thanks
Im a pies fan and already have all games 2017 onwards and worked out an easy way of getting to the 2011-15 games which are the only ones i need to download
Cheers for the help, youre a genius.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find old Bulldogs games from the mid 2000s (2005-onwards) Was wondering if any of these links are still doable and if so, can someone help me, because I'm not that tech savvy and have no idea how this stuff works?

Cheers in advance legends!!

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find old Bulldogs games from the mid 2000s (2005-onwards) Was wondering if any of these links are still doable and if so, can someone help me, because I'm not that tech savvy and have no idea how this stuff works?

Cheers in advance legends!!

No they're not sadly :(
Wish they were, so many games I would like to take a lot at from the 2000s but there is no way to.

No they're not sadly :(
Wish they were, so many games I would like to take a lot at from the 2000s but there is no way to.

Unfortunately, that's what I thought. So many games that I went to or watched as a kid that I would love to revisit. And not even just the Bulldog games, few others I wouldn't mind watching again

Unfortunately, that's what I thought. So many games that I went to or watched as a kid that I would love to revisit. And not even just the Bulldog games, few others I wouldn't mind watching again

Try contacting Al who runs this channel. He just does highlights, but I've dealt with him in the past I'm pretty sure he has nearly every Dogs game from the period you're asking for.

So just confirming that its impossible to get 2000s games anymore? All of the links don't work. I'd love to watch those old games. Is there a domain that works for 2000s games?
Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back