Old Madza Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Who remembers this classic ad from the early 2000s?

They don’t make ads like this anymore!!

Its a formidable sponsor. They are arguably a top 3 car manufacturer globally.

The lead engineer from Toyota left and went to Mazda many many years ago.

Im a Holden man, always will, always have been. But Mazda make seriously great cars and they are a monster sponsor for our club.

Hyundai are s**t boxes thats why the sponsor Visey’s Carlton Blue paper bag (get it, s**t BOXES LOL)

Last edited:
Mazda recently changed to Isuzu from Ford with its BT-50 series right?

Good call. The Ford motor and transmissions were utter shite.

Mazda recently changed to Isuzu from Ford with its BT-50 series right?

Good call. The Ford motor and transmissions were utter shite.
2022 model I believe. You cant beat Isuzu diesel engines in passenger vehicles. Always been top tier.

All their cars are reliable as *! Mrs has been driving them since ive known her. Always need bugger all to maintain. Just good solid reliable cars

2022 model I believe. You cant beat Isuzu diesel engines in passenger vehicles. Always been top tier.

All their cars are reliable as *! Mrs has been driving them since ive known her. Always need bugger all to maintain. Just good solid reliable cars
Tell me about it. Relative owns one and it has treated him very well.

Mazda partnering up with Ford was just not going to end well. A Japanese automaker that is hellbent on innovation and longevity versus a automaker hellbent on extracting every cent from its customers by offering overpriced-glorified highway cars in a ute body. Different cultures never end well. Ford Australia was killed by the fact they only wanted to make cars that lasted not ones with horrific design flaws.

I would not trust a Ranger to tow a tinny let alone a decent size trailer. Those stupid 8 speed and 10 speed transmissions built like paper that require meticulous maintenance shouldn't be necessary for a rugged ute. The drivetrain should be rock solid for its purpose. It should be where the money is going but it all goes into the plastic all around it which is what drivers nowadays prefer. Rangers sell more than probably any other car except Toyota Hilux etc.

Isuzu doesn't get much recognition because they simply make something that works along with Toyota without all the bells and whistles. They are too boring for some. Although I think Toyota is collectively ripping off the Australian market.

I'm old fashioned in terms of cars obviously but I would buy something older with a simpler and workable system than buy something so complicated it needs a software update before it can even startup the car.

And before the Zoomer and Boomer calls start coming through, I am an IT graduate. Yet, I hate electronic gizmos in a car. It's a car. Not your house.

Computers overheat at roughly 90-100 degrees under heavy workloads in a box with fans. Do you think they belong in a car with literally stupid hot air flying everywhere cracking all the plastics and weak points? How about during the hot summer? How long before you're stuck on the road not because of the motor but because of the computer module that failed? Even if you are covered under warranty, your family trip has just been ruined.

My wife just bought a new car that has no spare tyre. When I asked the salesman about it he reckoned it was fine because it came with roadside assistance.
Just out of interest, when's the last time you changed a car tyre? For me, I'd say well over 10 years ago. In that time I've had nails in tyres that just cause slow leaks.

Had 4 in a week.
Had to change one on the west gate, pulled off to the side of the road (tod road the last emergency spot), had the bottle jack and dewalt rattle gun on board.. changed it in about 1.20. Fastest westgate pit stop anyone has ever seen. It would have to be some kind of record that? Surely. campaigners in a small flat bed rigid truck were laughin at me, got past em before the end of the westgate heading towards willy.

“you know whats funny campaigners, i’ll be having a beer in 3 minutes. Sucked in dogs” 😂

Who remembers this classic ad from the early 2000s?

They don’t make ads like this anymore!!

Reckon this add made its debut during round 19 2000.
We were putting Geelong to the sword on Friday night.
Life was simple.

Channel 7, Bruce and Sandy, Pizza - North doing North things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just out of interest, when's the last time you changed a car tyre? For me, I'd say well over 10 years ago. In that time I've had nails in tyres that just cause slow leaks.
I’ve changed one in the last couple of months. The car my wife traded in had low profile tyres and she’s chewed them up a couple of times I suspect by not realising they were a bit flat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back