Old mate Crumpet Face

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned already but on Monday night on 6PR Crumpet Face declared Natanui would undergo a hybrid procedure on his injured knee which involved using an optic fibre to reconstruct his ruptured ACL and his recovery could be as short as 10 months. Yep, he mentioned optic fibre at least 3 times. So being able to send huge quantities of digital data through the knee can hasten recovery from a ruptured ACL? Wow! Clueless, and Hardie didn't pick up on it either. Oh, and Natanui underwent a traditional reconstruction.
Optic fibre will allow his knee to directly connect to Twitter.

Makes sense.

From Dennis Cometti's interview with Leigh Matthew.

DC: Media people are never expected to say ‘I don’t know’ but now and again you say exactly that. To me, that’s a very rare confidence, I think only people very comfortable with their place in the game can do that. Is that the way you feel about football, that it’s your natural habitat?

LM: If you don’t know and you try to make up an answer that’s just no good.

DC: There are a few blokes who make a living doing that.

Can't help but think the interview was conducted over breakfast and that that last comment popped into Dennis's head as he eyed a certain item on the bain marie.

From Dennis Cometti's interview with Leigh Matthew.

DC: Media people are never expected to say ‘I don’t know’ but now and again you say exactly that. To me, that’s a very rare confidence, I think only people very comfortable with their place in the game can do that. Is that the way you feel about football, that it’s your natural habitat?

LM: If you don’t know and you try to make up an answer that’s just no good.

DC: There are a few blokes who make a living doing that.

Can't help but think the interview was conducted over breakfast and that that last comment popped into Dennis's head as he eyed a certain item on the bain marie.

It's understood that Commetti's comments were in direct reference to Hagdorn. Sources inside Commetti's mind have indicated that he holds utter disdain for Hagdorn's apparent lack of integrity. Hackdorn is said to be reeling from the comments.

He just said on radio mayne to collingwood is a done deal already completed and 4 yrs for 500k a year, bloody crazy if true, bloody crazy to state such a large amount if its untrue

He just said on radio mayne to collingwood is a done deal already completed and 4 yrs for 500k a year, bloody crazy if true, bloody crazy to state such a large amount if its untrue

If true - why? He used to be my buddy; but the guy gets limited opportunities in front of goal and he's been an unreliable kick for three seasons now.

Are Collingwood in dire need of defensive forward pressure players or something?

If true - why? He used to be my buddy; but the guy gets limited opportunities in front of goal and he's been an unreliable kick for three seasons now.

Are Collingwood in dire need of defensive forward pressure players or something?
Bucks has a fetish for tackling numbers

Look at his stats this year and top 10 placement in them in our team. Fans might not like it but he brings a lot.

Look at his stats this year and top 10 placement in them in our team. Fans might not like it but he brings a lot.
Yup agree , at least he still bring some compo in for freo not like somebody lying around for another 2 year .

Any way wats the go with crumpet face being on 6PR with Brad Hardie everynight. I hate to say it but I would much rather have Karl back. It shits me to tears since everynight after work when I hop in the car for my hour long car ride home I have to liston to this buffoon...:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any way wats the go with crumpet face being on 6PR with Brad Hardie everynight. I hate to say it but I would much rather have Karl back. It shits me to tears since everynight after work when I hop in the car for my hour long car ride home I have to liston to this buffoon...:mad:
Change the station lol

Its the high art of delusion how he tries digging himself out of a hole by playing the negatives against each other.

All the trade moves between clubs that he has been clueless about he says he had some wind of them months ago - but he wasn't able to broadcast anything at the time because they were just rumours.

Then all the crap he spouts and gets completely wrong he uses the don't shoot the messenger rationale because they were fact at the time he said them, and that there's never any smoke without fire, as proved by the other rumours that he wasn't able to mention that came true.

The other week on 6PR they were talking with Tony Libratore and inevitably some Eagles supporters ring up later saying what a dirty player Libba was and how terrible it was the day the umpires didn't stop him from tagging and harrassing Ben Cousins out of a game and Hackdorn chips in, not just agreeing 100% with the caller but adding how he had talked with Mick Malthouse later and had experienced first hand the depth of anger he had with the treatment given to "not just Ben Cousins but to Daniel Kerr as well". Yeah, right Kim...Malthouse wasn't even coach when Kerr was drafted to West Coast.

Last edited:
Then all the crap he spouts and gets completely wrong he uses the don't shoot the messenger rationale because they were fact at the time he said them, and that there's never any smoke without fire

Absolutely correct Stax. On a serious note I'm genuinely disappointed at a number of Sports Journalists. Credibility has gone out the window and the majority are ruining it for the far few quality left in the industry. What sort of training and qualifications are required (obviously none) and the majority are just ex-sports people making crap up with no accountability.

Hagdorn is one of the biggest offenders. Some of his rumours are just made up rubbish and as you have said when proven time and again to be incorrect he just puts out the message that his rumour was solid at the time; total BS. Then I hear some of the irrevelevant stuff from Terry Wallace and Sam 'Scoop' McClure, I mean seriously these blokes just put forward tripe. Damien Barrett had a big scoop the Thursday before the GF that Harvey was on his way to Collingwood, before Buckley came out 36 hours later and said nope no interest and 5-6 days later Brent Harvey retires. I could go on forever quoting a bunch of articles from the past couple of days.

I could not care less about the Eagles chasing Sam Mitchell and Drew Petrie. Good luck to them. I don't even care if it's BS.

Hagdorn how is Natanui's optical Fibre ACL repair tracking and what happened to our 2017 2nd draft pick we had locked in for McCarthy months ago that you have been sprouting since July?

Rant over - Goodnight!

They do take the award for the the worst sports journos in the world very comfortably.
They will be proud,'cos they've got an award.

PS:It is understood Doghorn's behaviour is consistent with an addiction of some description.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back