Society & Culture Old People give me the shits

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately the push is for self service at the supermarket, ATM’s / online banking / eftpos for banks, ticket machines for public transport etc. It is also starting to be popular to order online and have your groceries delivered. Whilst the push remains to have people serve themselves, organisations cut back on the staff at the coal face.

Then when dear Dotty comes on and takes 10mins for her quick transaction, by the time beloved Betty approaches your counter tutting are the delay only to spend another 8mins dealing with hers, by the time you get to smartarse Sam trying to bank his days takings whilst rolling her eyes and whinging about the time/lack of service/opening hours etc.

Whilst there are some elderly people who may be annoying, the service industry has changed and it isn’t geared to them.

Old mate comes in the other day to withdraw money from his account. Produces ANZ debit card, sorry sir this is *another big 4 bank*.
Codger says, yeah but they’re closed (currently closed for renovations)
We mention, okay you can try the atm or they have another branch at *literally 10 minutes away*. I don’t use atm’s, don’t trust them and I’m not going there it’s too far away.
Sorry sir, you can’t withdraw money from an ANZ account here.
Why not? You’re a bank aren’t you? You’re all connected to each other!

*en time waster

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got bum tapped several times by the walking stick from a frail old lady trying to negotiate through the long queue at the shop an hour ago.

I laughed. So honest old Asian people are.

Got bum tapped several times by the walking stick from a frail old lady trying to negotiate through the long queue at the shop an hour ago.

I laughed. So honest old Asian people are.

How does one say 'Out of my way sonny' in Mandarin anyhow?

The only true solution to the elderly in Safeway is to have security guards positioned at the entry asking for ID. If you are over 70 you will not be permitted entry between the hours of 3pm- 6pm. Aisle cloggers regardless of age should be fined or slapped with a jail term. Keep to the side morons. You don’t have to look at the 2 minute noodle selection from the centre of the aisle . Don’t hold up the normal people .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old mate comes in the other day to withdraw money from his account. Produces ANZ debit card, sorry sir this is *another big 4 bank*.
Codger says, yeah but they’re closed (currently closed for renovations)
We mention, okay you can try the atm or they have another branch at *literally 10 minutes away*. I don’t use atm’s, don’t trust them and I’m not going there it’s too far away.
Sorry sir, you can’t withdraw money from an ANZ account here.
Why not? You’re a bank aren’t you? You’re all connected to each other!

fu**en time waster

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Then young mate in the old Falcon in the drive thru for whom its a shopping experience ..... fast food yeh !!!

I was at the elderly hour @ Woolies with young mate in the Leyton Hewitt cap ..... a fair dinkum roadblock !!

The OP will be over the moon, a few of us "old people" will be culled over the next 6 months or so.

BTW what is the definition of old age in regards to being old and giving everyone else the shits? I'm 60, do I fit the criteria or do you have to sit a mental capacity and speed of movement test?

Old people 70 plus, why do they like boring food? Why do they like boring chocolate flavours?
Younger taste buds can easily heal a few days after burning your tongue; however, older taste buds can’t recover as well from injuries of being burnt on hot beverages or food.
Men typically lose their taste in their 60’s and women lose theirs in their 50’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back