Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

footy11

Debutant
Jun 16, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both 37.

Later heard indirectly, Atkin definite, Careless perhaps not.

Would Channel be spending more than any other club in 2013?

Not sure who they have as paid players but spending cash on a bloke who is 37 and would possibly be a short term player is a little confusing.
Don't get me wrong, great player and bloke , loved watching him play for the Devils. Hope his signing works out well for Channel.

Barge

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2005
Bargeville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Claremont
They've never been shy to throw it around the Sharks, I understand the new Coach has brought with him a few from Brighton who'd be on a dollar, Atkin wouldn't have gone down there just for a kick I can assure you and if the Careless rumor is true likewise.

AriGold

Debutant
Feb 4, 2009
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They've never been shy to throw it around the Sharks, I understand the new Coach has brought with him a few from Brighton who'd be on a dollar, Atkin wouldn't have gone down there just for a kick I can assure you and if the Careless rumor is true likewise.

Speaking of throwing the $$$ around. Can someone from DOSA confirm that they have picked up Justin VEITCH from North Hobart after returning from Overseas? Confirming he's being $$$ he'll receive that token "Ässistance Coach" title to cover $$$.
Also is Nathan Street on the books at DOSA too? If so, poor North Hobart. They wouldn't have much left in seasonal players from there.

juddyforpm

Debutant
Mar 7, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Speaking of throwing the $$$ around. Can someone from DOSA confirm that they have picked up Justin VEITCH from North Hobart after returning from Overseas? Confirming he's being $$$ he'll receive that token "Ässistance Coach" title to cover $$$.
Also is Nathan Street on the books at DOSA too? If so, poor North Hobart. They wouldn't have much left in seasonal players from there.

How on earth cant DOSA afford these blokes ontop of what they would already be paying Fisher, Setchell, Wiggins etc????

No one will get near them if true!

Any results from practice matches or any coming up?

footy11

Debutant
Jun 16, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
How on earth cant DOSA afford these blokes ontop of what they would already be paying Fisher, Setchell, Wiggins etc????

No one will get near them if true!

Ask Rooster man. From what I'm told he is the president.

hands like feet

Senior List
Mar 29, 2010
in da house
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saints lost to Penguin
OHA lost to Brighton
Uni def Huonville
Dosa def Cygnet
Richmond def Peninsular
Kingborough def Hutchins
Not sure how Channel are travelling.

DOSAhastheBlues

Debutant
Sep 14, 2008
Campania
AFL Club
Geelong
Have heard a rumour that Clinton Brown could be joining OHA....handy on-field....not sure about off-field.

Could be a strong on-ball brigade with Whitelaw (x2), Paine (who is apparently playing some games), Britten & Brown.

Barge

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2005
Bargeville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Claremont
Saw on the SFL Clearance page (don't know why it was on there) Michael Fisher from North Hobart to AFL Mackay.

That's the fella who played at DOSA isn't it?

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
Saw on the SFL Clearance page (don't know why it was on there) Michael Fisher from North Hobart to AFL Mackay.

That's the fella who played at DOSA isn't it?

Certainly is, spoke to him last week, said he was in queensland, I thought he was just on holidays. Good player and regardless what people say on BF is a good bloke as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footy11

Debutant
Jun 16, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have heard a rumour that Clinton Brown could be joining OHA....handy on-field....not sure about off-field.

Could be a strong on-ball brigade with Whitelaw (x2), Paine (who is apparently playing some games), Britten & Brown.

Clinton Brown will be playing at Hutchins. Why wouldn't he be handy off field?

Barge

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2005
Bargeville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Claremont
Heard second-hand from a local, someone at Richmond "turned off the generator knowing it would take 30 minutes for the lights to warm up again".

Big call and p.ss poor if true. Surely they wouldn't have as has cost crucial percentage had they have dominated Uni from that point onwards?

GreyBudgie

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2008
New Town
Other Teams
Glenorchy, Arsenal,
gee it's quiet on here! Is it because the mighty DOSA aren't getting value for money?

I was wondering the same the Rooster's seem to be struggling at this stage
Has there recruitment gone **** up?
Also Channel where are they at? Would they also be feeling that there recruitment's has been poor no bang for there Buck?

playwin

Debutant
Dec 8, 2008
hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How even is the old scholars comp .
over the years there has been one stand out team, and they went on to win the flag. but this year
WHO KNOWS anyone can win it on there day.
My tip Uni

Remove this Banner Ad

Back