Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

On holidays and not much to do in this weather so hear is my thoughts on how the finals will pan out-

1st Semi Uni to defeat Richmond easily. Rumour has it Brad Green will play 3 more games to qualify for finals. Stride is back to add to an already potent fwd line. Richmond have the mids and Fwds to challenge but their back line is suspect.

2nd Semi Dosa to beat Hutchins in a close one. Hutchins on their day are very very good but their possession game under finals pressure is a concern. Dosa have more even number of goal kickers where Hutchins rely on Leitch and Mcshane to kick a bag.

Prelim the next door neighbours. Will be a cracker of a game, if uni win they win the flag, if Hutchins get through Dosa just too even as above.

Much more interesting than SFL where it's a two horse race.

On holidays and not much to do in this weather so hear is my thoughts on how the finals will pan out-

1st Semi Uni to defeat Richmond easily. Rumour has it Brad Green will play 3 more games to qualify for finals. Stride is back to add to an already potent fwd line. Richmond have the mids and Fwds to challenge but their back line is suspect.

2nd Semi Dosa to beat Hutchins in a close one. Hutchins on their day are very very good but their possession game under finals pressure is a concern. Dosa have more even number of goal kickers where Hutchins rely on Leitch and Mcshane to kick a bag.

Prelim the next door neighbours. Will be a cracker of a game, if uni win they win the flag, if Hutchins get through Dosa just too even as above.

Much more interesting than SFL where it's a two horse race.
Assuming they all stay in current positions you mean?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any interesting movements this off-season? Anyone been back to training?

Surely there must be some news on who is going where and new recruits to clubs. All I've heard is Reeve to Claremont, AlCorso to Clarence, Gilmour coaching Richmond and Quirk to Cygnet? Anyone got any other info?

Surely there must be some news on who is going where and new recruits to clubs. All I've heard is Reeve to Claremont, AlCorso to Clarence, Gilmour coaching Richmond and Quirk to Cygnet? Anyone got any other info?

Not sure but none of those names would interest anyone

Can't believe how quiet this forum has been. Probably the most competitive season for OSFA in a fair few years.
What's the go with Hutchins? Heard a few rumours about the coach, none of them too complementary either. Maybe Still Kicken could fill us in. Players leaving on mass is what I've heard, but give them their due they did have a good win today, the way they have been travelling even a win over Channel is a bonus.
Also hear a couple of senior players only playing ressies under protest. This is what I've heard round the traps, anyone got any more info.

Can't believe how quiet this forum has been. Probably the most competitive season for OSFA in a fair few years.
What's the go with Hutchins? Heard a few rumours about the coach, none of them too complementary either. Maybe Still Kicken could fill us in. Players leaving on mass is what I've heard, but give them their due they did have a good win today, the way they have been travelling even a win over Channel is a bonus.
Also hear a couple of senior players only playing ressies under protest. This is what I've heard round the traps, anyone got any more info.

You are right, it is a very even season. I think whoever can keep their best side on the park will go deep into the finals.

Blokes that I have spoken to from Hutchins seem very happy with Browny, I'm not sure if you are just trying to stir the pot.

My thoughts on the sides so far.

Hutchins. Have the best team on paper and should play in the grand final again this season. Injuries haven't helped them in the last month, I def wouldn't write them off just yet.

Channel. Not sure why but they seem to have gone back a couple of steps.

OHA . Have a really good side that can match anyone, they have to keep their best players injury free if they are going to have any impact in finals.

Dosa. Seem to be doing the right things, obviously have a bit of depth with their twos undefeated.

St Virgils. Similar to OHA, if they lose a couple of key players to injury they may struggle. Very hard to beat at the bike track.

Uni. Having a good year, should of won a couple that they managed to lose at home after being in control most of the game.
The pick up of Arnol from Hutchins will be handy and having brad green for finals won't hurt their chances.

Richmond. Gilmour has them playing well, big chance to go all the way.

My tips, Richmond to beat Dosa in the prelim and go on to play Hutchins in the grand final. Hutchins to win the flag 32pts

Or all this could be just crap that I've typed up hungover as a bitch.

What's the go with Hutchins? Heard a few rumors about the coach, none of them too complementary either. Maybe Still Kicken could fill us in. Players leaving on mass is what I've heard, but give them their due they did have a good win today, the way they have been travelling even a win over Channel is a bonus.

Helloooooo Frankly. To answer your question players are leaving in max exodus. Not sure which players you are referring to but i'm happy to agree with that if that assists your hearing around the traps. The only player to my knowledge that left the side from last years premiership as he wasn't happy with the coach was Tom Arnold. And i don't know necessarily if he wasn't' happy with the coach but just didn't like being rotated through the bench which is fair enough, he's entitled to his own thoughts.

But i agree with you in regards to the season, very open at the moment and i think any of the four teams in it can win on any given day. OHA also at full strength can test anyone with their physicality. We have had a shocking run with injuries, but all clubs go through that so hopefully regaining a few will put us back to where we were playing at the start of year. Uni will be the ones to watch now they have qualified Brad Green. Very potent forward line with him and Beama working in tandom and a very strong midfield to compliment them.

Happy to answer any other questions you have. I haven't looked at big footy for some time so i must admit i did have a giggle when i read your post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back