Remove this Banner Ad

Ozguy

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Some Team on the Decline
Can someone explain how Richmond are already playing St Virgil’s a second time in Round 3? God help them if it’s a reasonable day and St Virgil’s are a lot more accurate than they were in Round 1!
I thought I was going mad, and had forgotten how to read a roster. Glad to know the 2nd part isn't true.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Can someone explain how Richmond are already playing St Virgil’s a second time in Round 3? God help them if it’s a reasonable day and St Virgil’s are a lot more accurate than they were in Round 1!
Wow what start to the year for Richmond. Imagine if they get a few injuries.

Cool Carl

Debutant
Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wow what start to the year for Richmond. Imagine if they get a few injuries.
Went up to the TCA for the first time in ages. Wow how bad is old scholars umpiring, some old fart who couldn’t stop blowing his whistle all day, reckon he payed 50 frees on his own, razor ray fan boi I reckon.

Cha_Ching_00

Debutant
Jul 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Bit strange to hear there struggling so much there always been really strong in the old scholars which is a good achievement considering there a country club . I know Gilmore took some players when he left didn’t think is was that bad though they might regret sitting out this season as its generally not that easy for clubs when they have sat out seasons to get up and running again quickly you would think though they would dominate if they went down to odfa level

Not sure about the dominate part, I know this post was last year but I can’t see the current Richmond side beating Mt Pleasant...

popsikle99

Team Captain
Feb 29, 2016
Aus
AFL Club
Richmond
Who do we think wins it from here? St Virgil’s have steadied, OHA back to back? Dosa seem to have the wood over Hutchins and yet Hutchins have done OHA twice and St Virgil’s once.
Great comp!

Ozguy

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Some Team on the Decline
Not sure about the dominate part, I know this post was last year but I can’t see the current Richmond side beating Mt Pleasant...

I think Mt Pleasant would start a warm favourite. Bothwell would also start with their nose in front against them

Oct 5, 2004
Moving Around
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Avoca FNC, Ouyen Kangas FNC
I think Mt Pleasant would start a warm favourite. Bothwell would also start with their nose in front against them

Mount Pleasant and Bothwell would beat them easily based on their current perilous situation.

Moving forward, can the Old Scholars competition survive and should it be considered as part of a new structure for leagues/ football in the south of the state.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Mount Pleasant and Bothwell would beat them easily based on their current perilous situation.

Moving forward, can the Old Scholars competition survive and should it be considered as part of a new structure for leagues/ football in the south of the state.
I think the Comp is thriving. Even if Richmond fell over ( which I think is unlikely after somehow getting up this year) they would go with five or even look at inviting an SFL club into their comp. would be attractive for a Hobart for instance being that teams are so central and you don’t need an underage team.

Oct 5, 2004
Moving Around
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Avoca FNC, Ouyen Kangas FNC
I think the Comp is thriving. Even if Richmond fell over ( which I think is unlikely after somehow getting up this year) they would go with five or even look at inviting an SFL club into their comp. would be attractive for a Hobart for instance being that teams are so central and you don’t need an underage team.

The comp is certainly going strongly and you are right that not having a junior set up may be considered an advantage to some clubs. I am yet to be convinced about this as junior players are the lifeblood of the future survival/ competitiveness of any club.

The Old Scholars clubs would certainly be a bonus if part of any new set up.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
The comp is certainly going strongly and you are right that not having a junior set up may be considered an advantage to some clubs. I am yet to be convinced about this as junior players are the lifeblood of the future survival/ competitiveness of any club.

The Old Scholars clubs would certainly be a bonus if part of any new set up.
I just think Juniors should be funnelled to TSL clubs and then at 18s they decide what level they are suited too?

also anyone else think Old scholars seniors could start at 1pm rather then 2pm? Start ressies at 10:30? Would make it so you finish before it gets dark. I also think they should look at shorter quarters to help older players. Maybe the quarter lengths From last AFL year?

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Went and had a look at DOSA and Saints up at the Tacca, great game of footy.
SVC miles in front, Chooks got it back to under a kick with only about 3 mins left, SVC too good and got two late ones to win it. Entertaining game tho 👍🏻

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool Carl

Debutant
Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Went and had a look at DOSA and Saints up at the Tacca, great game of footy.
SVC miles in front, Chooks got it back to under a kick with only about 3 mins left, SVC too good and got two late ones to win it. Entertaining game tho 👍🏻

Reckon there would have been a fair amount of talent in that game, from both sides too. The good old Bows got over Hutchins just to make it a bit more interesting.

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Reckon there would have been a fair amount of talent in that game, from both sides too. The good old Bows got over Hutchins just to make it a bit more interesting.
Some pretty good talent getting about in the comp.
Different style of footy to the SFL, more freeflowing, less physical and more entertaining game styles used 👍🏻

Nicktheguy

Debutant
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
So what's everyone's predictions for the flag? Early on SVC were heavy favourites. Saw them pump OHA at the bike track & didn't think anyone would touch them. Has since changed quite a bit, what's happened to them?

popsikle99

Team Captain
Feb 29, 2016
Aus
AFL Club
Richmond
So what's everyone's predictions for the flag? Early on SVC were heavy favourites. Saw them pump OHA at the bike track & didn't think anyone would touch them. Has since changed quite a bit, what's happened to them?

St Virgil’s has to be the favourite with DOSA looming as the smokey for mine. St Virgils’ stars should get them over the line but if they are shut down look out.. DOSA in form but can’t write OHA off either. Hutchins wheels seem to have have fallen off but their best has beaten OHA and St Virgils (yet not DOSA..)

Cool Carl

Debutant
Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
St Virgil’s has to be the favourite with DOSA looming as the smokey for mine. St Virgils’ stars should get them over the line but if they are shut down look out.. DOSA in form but can’t write OHA off either. Hutchins wheels seem to have have fallen off but their best has beaten OHA and St Virgils (yet not DOSA..)

Saints favourite, DOSA hitting straps at the right time of the season. Old blokes like O’Brien, Fisher and Barwick playing good footy. OHA are capable of beating anyone, Standen,Chambers,Whish-Wilson and the old fella Langford all dominating this season.

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Not from what im told, I was told thats the fixture mate. I could have wrong info.
20210816_115540.jpg

TheHarrovian

Draftee
Mar 4, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks like it’s going to be a good finals series with very even teams. Have to think St Virgils favourites with all their stars but DOSA also going very well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back