Old Scholars Thread

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
OHA beat St Virgils by 7 points in the grand final in the seniors.

Hutchins beat Uni by 8 points in the reserves grand final.

Last edited:

fixxxer

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bowden wouldn't of even went to that league if he wasn't getting paid. I don't know why he dropped the line of "If they want players to come they need to clean this up". He is getting minimum $15k for this season. You can bet it's tax free too.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bowden wouldn't of even went to that league if he wasn't getting paid. I don't know why he dropped the line of "If they want players to come they need to clean this up". He is getting minimum $15k for this season. You can bet it's tax free too.

WTF has getting paid to coach got to do with Bowden getting king hit behind play, in a Grand Final.?

Does getting paid make it ok to get assaulted behind play on a footy field?

I thought we'd be past this kind of thuggery by now.

jj15

All Australian
Jan 10, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
Putting the names involved to the side and the history of either player the simple fact is this part of the game in SFL and OS needs to be eradicated.

too many times a player gets off due to no vision, or the umpire gets badgered into relenting or worse the umpire doesn’t want to give up a night during the week to appear at the tribunal.

If you punch someone behind play and it’s seen by an umpire you shouldn’t be allowed back on the ground. Simple as that. It should start at 4 weeks as a minimum suspension.

This is a different era of young men, we are losing too many from the game already. Clubs can’t afford people turning away from the game.

Gersman

Team Captain
May 10, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Happened 21 mins into the 2nd quarter.
Actual punch wasn't caught on camera as play had moved on but the crowd noise suggests something untoward happened.
Hill looked pretty pleased with himself as he high fived his team mate as he's leaving the ground after getting binned.
Bowden played out the rest of the quarter and kicked a goal just before half time, when he never reappeard after half time that's when the Ships got the break that ended up wining them the cup.
Hill got flattened by Trad Duggan out on the Ryde St side just near 3QT.
Ships were the better side for much of that game but having Bowden in the hospital for 2nd half might well have cost them a premiership. Can see why SVC are pretty filthy about it.
PS - Why did they have that old bloke in Melbourne in a Saints jumper and beanie on the broadcast, bit pointless and added nothing 🤷

fixxxer

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Putting the names involved to the side and the history of either player the simple fact is this part of the game in SFL and OS needs to be eradicated.

too many times a player gets off due to no vision, or the umpire gets badgered into relenting or worse the umpire doesn’t want to give up a night during the week to appear at the tribunal.

If you punch someone behind play and it’s seen by an umpire you shouldn’t be allowed back on the ground. Simple as that. It should start at 4 weeks as a minimum suspension.

This is a different era of young men, we are losing too many from the game already. Clubs can’t afford people turning away from the game.
Clubs pay them anyway, who cares. It's sport. You really think Jaye B would of went there without having his pockets lined with tax free money? NO. His dad is sooking hard as well. Suspend the player. Move on.

Ozguy

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Some Team on the Decline
Clubs pay them anyway, who cares. It's sport. You really think Jaye B would of went there without having his pockets lined with tax free money? NO. His dad is sooking hard as well. Suspend the player. Move on.

Happens in the street you could be sentenced to years in jail.

You are the type of person who the sport doesn't need following it.

Oct 4, 2020
AFL Club
Tasmania
Bowden wasn't king hit or anything. He went to hit Hill first and when Hill came back at him, just so happened Hill hit him right in that perfect spot and put him out. Media spin making Bowden look like the victim.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bowden wasn't king hit or anything. He went to hit Hill first and when Hill came back at him, just so happened Hill hit him right in that perfect spot and put him out. Media spin making Bowden look like the victim.

Of all the years I've watched footy & talking to my magpie mate, we've never seen nor heard of J Bowden trying to instigate any punching/fighting. He's been on the end of a few cheap shots over his journey.

So who are you trying to fool?

Jul 16, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hobart Tigers, Hurricanes,
Of all the years I've watched footy & talking to my magpie mate, we've never seen nor heard of J Bowden trying to instigate any punching/fighting. He's been on the end of a few cheap shots over his journey.

So who are you trying to fool?
I've wondered this too as a neutral fan here. Never heard a bad word about him before the media coverage early in the week and a small amount of OHA supporters. Am I missing something here?

TheHarrovian

Draftee
Mar 4, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
St Virgils look stacked from all their recruits on Facebook. Hutchins have recruited pretty well. Think they will have a big gap on the rest.

popsikle99

Team Captain
Feb 29, 2016
Aus
AFL Club
Richmond
Don’t think OHA have lost any? So can’t write them off

On OHA, whispers around that Meagher is not playing this year and Bradford is back at Sorell. Still, back to back winners, so agreed, you cannot write them off!

Last edited:
Back