Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping Devine's appearance coincided with North Hobart playing on Sunday, as with Jock playing for Huonville's 2s on Saturday.

A lazy 13 for Mcgregor for Huonville 2s, the guy could 'turn it' on in his day.

Just a question in regards to this whole TSL licence saga that Rooster Man may be able to answer.

Is there anything stopping DOSA getting a long term lease on North Hobart Oval?
Do AFL Tas have the pulling power with the Council to give the lease to them over DOSA?

Speaking of reserves, I heard today that Hutchins had played a couple of unregistered players in two games.

anyone know who the games were against?
Do they lose the points? Do the 4pts go to the opposition?
Will this affect the make up of the four?

Speaking of reserves, I heard today that Hutchins had played a couple of unregistered players in two games.

anyone know who the games were against?
Do they lose the points? Do the 4pts go to the opposition?
Will this affect the make up of the four?

Yeah I heard this myself yesterday... Apparently they might lose 4 points for playing some guy against Uni who they only put on the ground for 5 minutes and hardly got a touch! Ned Whitelaw or Whitehouse or something. He wasn't registered before the cut off date. Hadn't played for years but needed a clearance. Uni will take the 4 points for that game I reckon.

I'm told Hutchins were asked to explain why they played another young bloke from the school but that has now been cleared up now. Apparently he was a new rego but the league missed the email somehow. It's now been sorted.
This happens every year - I'm surprised the league haven't tidied up the process and made it easier for clubs to understand.

Yeah I heard this myself yesterday... Apparently they might lose 4 points for playing some guy against Uni who they only put on the ground for 5 minutes and hardly got a touch! Ned Whitelaw or Whitehouse or something. He wasn't registered before the cut off date. Hadn't played for years but needed a clearance. Uni will take the 4 points for that game I reckon.

I'm told Hutchins were asked to explain why they played another young bloke from the school but that has now been cleared up now. Apparently he was a new rego but the league missed the email somehow. It's now been sorted.
This happens every year - I'm surprised the league haven't tidied up the process and made it easier for clubs to understand.

Are you saying that clubs play unregistered players every year?

By the look of sporting pulse, Hutchins were stripped of their points against Uni and DOSA. If results go as they should on form, I'd suggest Hutchins will still get back to fourth. This will however secure the double chance for DOSA (which they probably would have got regardless)
Interesting point, it seems they didn't alter the percentage.

This is how I see it unfolding during the 2012 finals
Week 1 of FINALS will be DOSA v HUTCHINS with a DOSA win (due to bigger grounds suiting DOSA) and RICHMOND v OHA with a RICHMOND win (only cause its at Richmond Oval).
Based on that Week 2 I could see RICHMOND gathering momentum and beating HUTCHINS as RICHMOND will have a mental edge over HUTCHINS from previous year.
BUT BUT BUT....... if HUTCHINS pull off the victory in WEEK 1, DOSA would play RICHMOND week 2 and would beat RICHOMND at North Hobart in the prelim. As for OHA just can't see them getting past week 1 only cause its RICHMOND at RICHMOND and they (OHA) have been to up and down all year as they've beaten the top sides but lost to the bottom sides to.
As for a GF I think scenario 1 will happen being DOSA and RICHMOND. As for the winner ? Anything can happen that day. Can DOSA break the choker tag?

Team of the Year 2012 - I'm not willing to try and put players in positions
DOSA - O'Brien, M Fisher, K Harvey, Setchell
HUTCHINS - Lister, M Wilson, Cleary (Ruckman?), Van Kraanen (as much as it kills me)
RICHMOND - M Baker, K Baker,
OHA - Skeggs, B Langford, Bowering
ST VIRGILS - Parker,
UNI - Stride, Reeves
CHANNEL - Dean (nbr 1),

Im 5 short of 22 but this is who I think would get in the rest could be anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team of the Year 2012 - I'm not willing to try and put players in positions
DOSA - O'Brien, M Fisher, K Harvey, Setchell
HUTCHINS - Lister, M Wilson, Cleary (Ruckman?), Van Kraanen (as much as it kills me)
RICHMOND - M Baker, K Baker,
OHA - Skeggs, B Langford, Bowering
ST VIRGILS - Parker,
UNI - Stride, Reeves
CHANNEL - Dean (nbr 1),

Im 5 short of 22 but this is who I think would get in the rest could be anyone

Agree with this. Ben McIntyre from DOSA would be extremely unlucky to miss out. One of the Roosters most consistent all year.

Agree with this. Ben McIntyre from DOSA would be extremely unlucky to miss out. One of the Roosters most consistent all year.

These 4 would have to go close also

Hutchins - Leitch
St Virgils - Britton
Uni - Burgess
DOSA - J.Harvey

Lister and Setchell to be top 2 in Association, with daylight 3rd!

You'd struggle to find a more consistent defender than Benny Mac. Beats his man most weeks and uses the ball quite well. Was very unlucky to spend most of the year in the twos in his last season at Dodges. Good to hear he's playing good footy for DOSA.:thumbsu:

Prelim for state league i guess and they assume it's played in Hobart. Which would mean 2 Hobart teams. Guess AFL Spaz are suggesting Burnie to go straight through, and Launy to get bundled straight out. :confused:
What if no southern teams are playing that week though? Would they move the prelims back to North Hobart? Or would that be too late?

If Clarence lose this week, both GF and Prelim will be in Launceston.
You would then assume that the OSFA booking of North Hobart will stand as there is no clash with the TSL.

Reserves 1st semi Saints v Hutchins
2nd semi Richmond v Dosa

Seniors 1st semi Richmond v OHA
2nd semi Dosa v Hutchins

Can anyone post the times/format for these games? Are they all at Richmond again this year?
Any tips?

According to Sportingpulse the order of the day is:​
10am: Reserves Semi Final 2 Richmond v DOSA​
12.25pm: Seniors Semi Final 1 Richmond vs OHA​
3.05pm: Seniors Semi Final 2 DOSA vs Hutchins​
5.45pm: Reserves Semi Final 1 St Virgils v Hutchins.
Some pretty tight results in the last round. 1 kick could've changed it for the Blues. Anyone know what the reaction was for Hutchins upon their loss/finding out they stayed in 2nd?​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back