Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Old Scholars - Part 2

He'd be too old for TSL Colts wouldn't he? Isn't it mostly under 18s with a handful allowed up to 21? He'd be 22 or so wouldn't he? Seems to have been around for a while.

Also heard Claremont were playing DOSA this week at Twin Ovals?

You're allowed to have 23 year olds in colts. They've changed it this year as well. I believe it's only a requirement to have at least ten 18 year olds this season. Pretty much a 23's comp now

Hey Madmug, Rumours are that cox has been training the house down over at Clarence. Finds it hard sometimes to get over to training because he doesn't have a car at the minute. Apparently a couple of the senior players pick him up and drop him off.

Trains with Claremont to make up for the sessions he misses. Sounds like great commitment to me?

The comment was whether he would be aligned with Claremont, not about his commitment to training or anything else. Try reading posts before making smart replies.

Roosterman??

Why are DOSA not playing practice matches at NHO?

Its a tough gig trying to get weekends during March on North Hobart oval.

Ronald McDonald day for the STJFL and other bookings beat us to it.
The council have got NHO looking a treat :)

Heard they beat Claremont today by 61 points and looked impressive. Dunno Claremont's much of a measuring stick though. Not exactly SFL flag favourites. Did Setchell and Standen play? Also heard they'd picked up a few Glenorchy SFL players. Any other notable recruits?

Heard they beat Claremont today by 61 points and looked impressive. Dunno Claremont's much of a measuring stick though. Not exactly SFL flag favourites. Did Setchell and Standen play? Also heard they'd picked up a few Glenorchy SFL players. Any other notable recruits?

Sounds like a good result for Dosa. They should improve improve heaps if you go by what everyone has been saying. who is coaching them?

Standen played Barge.. at Clarence high school the other night. Got a few kicks too they reckon :thumbsu:

Setch didnt play Barge, not sure why as has been at training of late. Standen won't be a DOSA boy i wouldn't have thought. Not sure the strength of the Monts side as unfortunately didnt get down there, maybe you can help me out?? Are they any chance of making SFL finals in your humble opinion?;)

As mentioned Setchell was a notable out for us as was Kim Harvey, not sure of others. Got along to have a peep at training on Wednesday, plenty of numbers but i only recognised half the team. Poster from above mentioned McIntyre from Dodges, he looked handy but don't know the bloke at all. There's a good mate of mine that may have a game, don't think it's been mentioned on here...he'd be quite handy indeed. That's all you're getting though:p

A "chance" to make the finals I'd hope, given a) they were only a few games out last year I think b) they've picked up Kamaric and some youngsters from Glenorchy and Santi and Curtain have returned to the club c) and also seem to be much better drilled under Excell (at least at the few trainings I'd seen snippets of). Perhaps going on yesterday's showing, they may take some time to gel, but I'm uncertain as to the strength of the side that took to the Park yesterday as are you of the Roosters.

I wouldnt take much out of the actual score. Claremont were no where near full strength, they got a side together at little notice to help us out with a game.

The big positive for our side was that we are a lot fitter than we have been for a few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Hobart Reserves 2010 GF with a couple of games for Glenorchy SFL Reserves last year I think.

Would be very handy in the Old Scholars wouldn't he?

North Hobart Reserves 2010 GF with a couple of games for Glenorchy SFL Reserves last year I think.

Would be very handy in the Old Scholars wouldn't he?

Wont play. Would battle to get a kick anyway!
Would also find it hard seeing he has a coaching role at Nth Hobart!

That **** bloke kicked 50 odd last year and Robbie Devine would struggle for a kick? Reckon he'd be pretty handy still

Remove this Banner Ad

Back