Old Scholars Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bows ended rolling the Saints by about ten goals out at the track. Never saw that coming.
Huxley seems to have fitted in well and is kicking a few, was always too slow and unfit looking for SFL especially in recent years but clunked a few out there today and looked good.
Saints are a shadow of what they were.
Chooks let it slip over at the Shipyard, had control of it and got run over in the end.
The recruiting they've done they won't be too happy sitting second bottom with only 2 points - apparently the Association declared the power failure game as a no result I heard today and awarded both teams two points.
Boom recruit Cassidy didn't play apparently...
Beans easy over the Blues down the Bay.

I think it’s 53 Losses in a row.

They sat out 2020, otherwise would be an even longer streak then it currently is.
Currently at 52 losses in a row.
Last win was in the 2019 Preliminary Final, so it's a few months short of five years since they won a match.
Channel lost 62 consecutive matches in both the SFL Regional League and the Old Scholars FA at one point.
I'm reasonably confident in saying St Virgils lost more games in a row than Richmond did and possibly Channel as well back twenty or so years ago.
Lindisfarne had 50 losses in a row between 1998 and 2001, won by 3 points then lost the next eighteen!
New Norfolk broke a drought of 30 consecutive defeats on Saturday against my mob.
Not sure what the all time record is.

Last edited:
Currently at 52 losses in a row.
Last win was in the 2019 Preliminary Final, so it's a few months short of five years since they won a match.
Channel lost 62 consecutive matches in both the SFL Regional League and the Old Scholars FA at one point.
I'm reasonably confident in saying St Virgils lost more games in a row than Richmond did and possibly Channel as well back twenty or so years ago.
Lindisfarne had 50 losses in a row between 1998 and 2001, won by 3 points then lost the next eighteen!
New Norfolk broke a drought of 30 consecutive defeats on Saturday against my mob.
Not sure what the all time record is.
Colebrook 93. Covering 2 stints in the ODFA I believe

Colebrook says hold our beers.

Over 90 games.
I always thought that too.
However, I discovered an old post from a longtime football historian that lurks the boards on Bigfooty named "Todman" that debunked that.
Colebrook had a 6-12-0 record in the 1978 ODFA Season before going into recess over the Summer of 1978-79 and didn't return to playing matches until the 1989 season where they went winless that year, also went winless in 1990 and won four games in 1991.
Their losing streak was 55 games according to him.

Myalla lost 57 consecutive matches in the Darwin Football Association from 1993-95.
Brighton lost 42 in a row in the old SFL Premier League between 2002-05.

Love to know what St Virgils' loss count was! 20240429_085128.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always thought that too.
However, I discovered an old post from a longtime football historian that lurks the boards on Bigfooty named "Todman" that debunked that.
Colebrook had a 6-12-0 record in the 1978 ODFA Season before going into recess over the Summer of 1978-79 and didn't return to playing matches until the 1989 season where they went winless that year, also went winless in 1990 and won four games in 1991.
Their losing streak was 55 games according to him.

Myalla lost 57 consecutive matches in the Darwin Football Association from 1993-95.
Brighton lost 42 in a row in the old SFL Premier League between 2002-05.

Love to know what St Virgils' loss count was!View attachment 1974232
I should always just let you reply to those sorts of questions lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back