Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be great if something could be done, but cant think how....
So different between the clubs.
One club - every senior players gets at least a pineapple a game
Another club - every player pays a registration fee to play each year

Bernes still ass/bench coach spoke to him Sat, he also said Maze signed a month ago with Uni and they have signed T James and are expecting 2-3 Nth Hob and 3-4 Glenorchy players to commit in the next couple of weeks.

Banga is always on the money with these things;)
Would Daniel Muir be one of the Glenorchy players?? Also, are the 'Bows trying to land an ex Glenorchy and New Norfolk Full Forward??

"Old gripe i know, but with uni offering money (not necessarily that substantial, but more than a glenorchy senior game) to numerous glenorchy players - they would hope to get some signed or perhaps a wasted effort....?
How many players per team can get payed again..?"

Uni dont pay there players, many of them work at jacksons or get cars in return for playing, so this doesn't break the rules of only paying 3 players, so take for instance the coach, the assistant both work at jacksons that frees up 2 paying positions and also they have a uni scholarship for a couple of kids that go to uni and play for uni. where the university actually gives players some money not the footy club.

But there is only so many jobs at jacksons so will they be able to land a few new players?

$70k you idiot ha ha

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on how much money is spent on coaching staff at clubs in the old scholars? Surely there isn't this much being spent?? I do tend to agree with 'old scholar' though... i reckon uni are throwing around a fair bit. You would think there coaching staff would be on a considerable amount. Thoughts? The league needs to address this somehow

whats another lazy 70k in match payments hope its worth the grandfinal if they eva get 1 lol

People in glass houses should not throw stones old scholar. Have it by those who have been approached, that DOSA are offering up to $200 a game for several Glenorchy reserves players this coming season. So I would be very careful in what you say. Also old scholar having followed DOSA for several years and knowing they have paid well and truely out of the salary cap for many years, they have been very disappointing in their grand final appearances. What,, one out of how many - chokers........

All clubs have done it when they have had the cash available. The tall poppy syndrome of having Troy Stewart as president of Uni must be admired by several clubs who are jealous. Perception does not equal reality with much of the bullshit that is spoken about on this page.

Old Scholar are you past it to shop yourself around this year and then end up back at Dosa ?....lol

People in glass houses should not throw stones old scholar. Have it by those who have been approached, that DOSA are offering up to $200 a game for several Glenorchy reserves players this coming season. So I would be very careful in what you say. Also old scholar having followed DOSA for several years and knowing they have paid well and truely out of the salary cap for many years, they have been very disappointing in their grand final appearances. What,, one out of how many - chokers........

All clubs have done it when they have had the cash available. The tall poppy syndrome of having Troy Stewart as president of Uni must be admired by several clubs who are jealous. Perception does not equal reality with much of the bullshit that is spoken about on this page.

Old Scholar are you past it to shop yourself around this year and then end up back at Dosa ?....lol

Ha Ha .... well said bts.

$200 a game . Not even close to the mark . You of all people should know how figures get inflated when money and football clubs are involved.Yes were are trying to recruit some players and have spoke to a lot, but talk of that sort of kanga is way off the mark .
We are still to announce our ass coaches for 2010.

Several? So you're not prone to exaggerate then?

Plus, there is no salary cap.

Uni have done it on a regular basis, usually every second year, but always recruit the wrong kind of blokes....ones that don't stick around.

$200 a game . Not even close to the mark . You of all people should know how figures get inflated when money and football clubs are involved.Yes were are trying to recruit some players and have spoke to a lot, but talk of that sort of kanga is way off the mark .
We are still to announce our ass coaches for 2010.

Thats what the boys involved have said..... very defensive DOSA boys.:thumbsu:

Thats what the boys involved have said..... very defensive DOSA boys.:thumbsu:

Put a name to these boys and i will let you know how close you are.
Not being defensive at all . All clubs flaunt the rules of player payment , just that some of the money mentioned (not just our club) is really getting out of hand . Teams will fall over in the next couple of years if this keeps up but in saying that i dont know how it can be policed.
I would hate to see any clubs start to struggle.

Several? So you're not prone to exaggerate then?

Plus, there is no salary cap.

Uni have done it on a regular basis, usually every second year, but always recruit the wrong kind of blokes....ones that don't stick around.
haha no one wants a old hack like me lol,i dont go to clubs champ and neva will they come to me.
as for players or clubs throwing money around good luck to them if they can get it.cant police and neva will.just a pitty that clubs that pay out the big bucks cannot keep there players because they are there for the money and not the club.
as for you dosahastheblues pull your ****ing head in you w***er.you have no clue what your talking about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha no one wants a old hack like me lol,i dont go to clubs champ and neva will they come to me.
as for players or clubs throwing money around good luck to them if they can get it.cant police and neva will.just a pitty that clubs that pay out the big bucks cannot keep there players because they are there for the money and not the club.
as for you dosahastheblues pull your ****ing head in you w***er.you have no clue what your talking about

What are you on about? I just supported your argument, then you re-hashed what I said in a butchered kind of way.

Was that you, oldscholar, flying over the handle bars of your bike in Grove Rd this afternoon?:eek: Looked pretty bad mate....you o.k??

"Old gripe i know, but with uni offering money (not necessarily that substantial, but more than a glenorchy senior game) to numerous glenorchy players - they would hope to get some signed or perhaps a wasted effort....?
How many players per team can get payed again..?"

Uni dont pay there players, many of them work at jacksons or get cars in return for playing, so this doesn't break the rules of only paying 3 players, so take for instance the coach, the assistant both work at jacksons that frees up 2 paying positions and also they have a uni scholarship for a couple of kids that go to uni and play for uni. where the university actually gives players some money not the footy club.

But there is only so many jobs at jacksons so will they be able to land a few new players?

is that you John Elliot???

OHA is as follows:

As many of you will have heard, Coaching appointments have been made for season 2010 with George Stirling taking the Senior coaching reigns, to be assisted by Jarrod Read and Daniel Archer. Michael Bannister will be looking after the Reserves.

As a Club, we're excited about our prospects for 2010 with the expectation that the majority of the 2009 list will be going around again, with the addition of George and some other players we're hoping to see come along as well.

George is keen to get the ball rolling so we'll be kicking off the pre-season with a light run, followed by a BBQ and a few beverages on Monday 16 November at 6pm. We'll meet at the clubrooms to go for a jog and no doubt Turbo and Barney will have the BBQ cooked by the time we get back.

Training up until Christmas will be on Monday and Thursday nights at 6pm. Mondays will be at Geilston Bay (on the soccer ground at the rear of the High School), with Thursdays locations varying, depending on what is planned for that night. George, Jarrod and Daniel will be putting together their plan next week, so locations for training will be published on the website, and emailed out as soon as we have them so you can get organised.
yep they allill be going around again from last season lol ( if they haven't passed away with old age)

How many of the 7 clubs have started pre-season training again then?

University have been training for the last couple of weeks. Alex Gilmour looks to be in good shape afer an inury interrupted '09. Tommy James looks to have settled in well with his new teammates and will be a good addition to the bow's midfield. Onballed Josh Nelson looks to have spent the last 2 months in the gym and will now look to be playing out of the goal square.

Dosa have also started pre season training and fomer player Nick Lunn has been spotted training with the roosters..

Don't know where you have got this information about J Nelson footyskills. His body is as putrid as ever and the winter break has done his complexion no favours.

May have to hit the solarium as well as the gym.

University have been training for the last couple of weeks. Alex Gilmour looks to be in good shape afer an inury interrupted '09. Tommy James looks to have settled in well with his new teammates and will be a good addition to the bow's midfield. Onballed Josh Nelson looks to have spent the last 2 months in the gym and will now look to be playing out of the goal square.

Dosa have also started pre season training and fomer player Nick Lunn has been spotted training with the roosters..

North have tuesday nights off training before christmas by all accounts, would suggest Lunny might be just getting in some extra training with mates:thumbsu:

Don't know where you have got this information about J Nelson footyskills. His body is as putrid as ever and the winter break has done his complexion no favours.

May have to hit the solarium as well as the gym.

Josh Nelson looks like he has faded away to nothing, no chance of him playing out of the goal square couldn't kick goals to save himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back