Remove this Banner Ad

tave

Draftee
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Western Suburbs Magpies
Hi can anyone help me looking for old Tasmanian Football League games after any but mostly Hobart Tigers and Grand Finals. Thanks

ABC and TVT6 (Now WIN Tasmania) have broadcasted the league previously.

all the old footage can be found at the ABC on DVD. I believe they sell them for around $50 per DVD per game, very steep believe me but they have roster games, finals etc. Apparently however a lot of stuff is lost forever because back in the day no one had any foresight to actually record the live to air coverage so it appears to be footage from the mid to late 80's onwards. I am led to believe the Mick Styles watched one of these games to finally find out who king hit him in the 88 GF because he cannot remember the game, he was the skinny punching bag for GFC that day, also shows Chris Fagan is one of his less memerable moments winning the GF for D'Port by knocking out the pies star Carlton recruit behind play and super Linton trying to even up by hitting anything with a heart beat. I shudder to think how todays TSL players would have coped back in the 80's:confused: skill wise they may have been ok but just to pick up the ball was a feat back then. I have a great video of some skinny GFC bloke belting Darren Winter after Winter shaped up to belt him, off the ball of course, apparently the kid was a boxer and apparently Winter has a glass jaw;)

ABC and TVT6 (Now WIN Tasmania) have broadcasted the league previously.

Have the 1978 grand final between Glenorchy and Sandy Bay, watched it over the weekend, some massive hits, fights and a close game. Bloody good to watch the old style of footy and see North Hobart oval full of people.

I have a few compilation discs made up of games taped on my video in the early 1990's...three last quarters featuring South Launceston against Clarence, Glenorchy and Hobart in 1992 (would you believe we won all three!), the Tasmanian origin win, the first Devils win over Carlton, and then a bunch of little clips from Southern Cross featuring mostly the 3 northern teams...commentary from Ray James and Shane Yates...those were the days...honestly, I do miss local footy after moving up here...

the first Devils win over Carlton, quote]

Have this game as well, was at Princess Park and was either round 2 or 3. was broadcast on the old C7 station. Devils were behind most of the day and Craig Carter and Scott Allen kicked a few each in the last quarter for the win.

I used to love watching Spearo, Brandy, Mick Maple, Dale Wish Wilson and co. Not sure many skinny 17 year olds would be making up half a side if these guys were still running around.

Has anyone got any old 80's - 90's TFL games that they would be interested in sharing? Surely people like Duff and Kingpin have a few. More than happy to work something out.

I have already contacted the ABC......wow.....the customer service was astounding. I'm sure I woke the poor person up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back