old VHS tapes not on sportsdelivered site

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
some old VHS tapes not on sportsdelivered site

digging thru my old VHS collection, and have come across the following.....(sportsdelivered.com.au dont seem to list these)

1991 & 1992 VICTORIA vs SOUTH AUSTRALIA STATE OF ORIGIN

1991 THAT WAS THE SEASON THAT WAS

added to that theres various highlights etc from sunday footy show, channel 7 replay, and other bits and pieces. all 1991 to 1993.

PM me if anyone has the capability to bring these things to life on youtube or elsewhere.

it appears these tapes have been successfully converted to DVD.

copies will be going to regular youtube contributors to load up the bits n pieces.

on another note, does anyone know of the existence of a VHS tape which was a compilation i assume made by channel 7. i once had a copy but it appears have now lost it (still looking). i found it 20 years ago in a video store chuck out sale.

it was made i assume in the late 70's, and possibly their 1st attempt at making a compilation. i contained various highlight packages from games, be it marks, goals, pieces of play etc like that you see in that years brownlow telecast, plus heaps of world of sport interviews, game reviews etc. some stuff i had never seen before, or since.
a quite amateur compilation by todays standards but good for the time.

anyone ever heard of it, and whether copies still exist ?

Re: some old VHS tapes not on sportsdelivered site

digging thru my old VHS collection, and have come across the following.....(sportsdelivered.com.au dont seem to list these)

1991 & 1992 VICTORIA vs SOUTH AUSTRALIA STATE OF ORIGIN

1991 THAT WAS THE SEASON THAT WAS

added to that theres various highlights etc from sunday footy show, channel 7 replay, and other bits and pieces. all 1991 to 1993.

PM me if anyone has the capability to bring these things to life on youtube or elsewhere.
If you are a member on a certain website you should look to get these uploaded. Would be greatly appreciated I'm sure. PM me for more details.

hi Knight:thumbsu:
I have spent a great deal of time over the years trying to find that very stuff you are asking about. I have also tried my best in getting footage from the old channel 7 stock reels they have stored away gaining dust but unfortunately it seems alot of those great memories from the 70's 80' and very early 90's is all but abandoned. The visual entertainment group can only gain access to what they have bought through the AFL licensing coup which effectively took over the highlights of games from about 1992 onwards but up until that time channel 7 aired highlights of the weekends matches and also taped over alot of stuff. I have been after so many Cats games from 1989 but only some footage exists and not the full games which is why they will never been remastered across to DVD. You still see highlights in DVD releases such as 1990 The decade that delivered which contains footage never seen but it really must be only bits and pieces they have kept in order over the yaers at the channel 7 studios. I have recently been trying to get games from the early 1990's Fosters cup preseason campaign but to no avail as emails seem to get the same response of try emailing the visual entertainment group as they now have the rights to that stuff.
I guess the only hope we have is for more and more people to check all those old VHS tapes that have been stored away for years and help each other convert them across to DVD so they can be seen again. You often see very rare AFL VHS tapes appear on ebay everynow and again like those Football record series and stuff I never even knew channel 7 released onto tape.
I mean you a Magpie fan and not sure of your age but I'm in my 20's and only seen the same replayed highlights of what Daicos could do when he was at his best and would absolutely love to see new footage of him from the early to mid 80's, alike so many great champions in that era.

vjknight;20408607 on another note said:
ANNOUNCEMENT.

ITS BEEN FOUND.

THIS IS PRICELESS THIS TAPE.

i will endeavour to get it copied ASAP, and advise what im doing then.

for those of you who vaguely remember things from the 60's & 70's that dont appear on DVD's anywhere, theres a chance this tape does.

ANNOUNCEMENT.

ITS BEEN FOUND.

THIS IS PRICELESS THIS TAPE.

i will endeavour to get it copied ASAP, and advise what im doing then.

for those of you who vaguely remember things from the 60's & 70's that dont appear on DVD's anywhere, theres a chance this tape does.

is this tape called " sevens magic moments"?

if not, can you please tell us the title of this tape?

thank you

ok great news.

ive finally had it all converted to DVD. and the results have been brilliant.

having just bought a new tv and PVR, i copied them across from the DVD made for me onto the PVR and played it - the clarity was great, and certainly good compared to the quality of the original VHS. im not sure what the quality wouldve been like without the setup i have, but i suspected the digitising of the VHS might improve the quality, and it did.

i have the PM's from those that messaged me months ago (and apologies for the delays) and i will be beginning to send DVD's soon.

as i said at the time, this isnt an exercise in money making - its all about sharing the pieces we all have.

youll see the results soon.

@VJKnight

In regards to the Channel 7 replays that you have from the early 1990s, do you have replays of any Geelong games? If so, please PM me with the details. Many thanks.

ok great news.

ive finally had it all converted to DVD. and the results have been brilliant.

having just bought a new tv and PVR, i copied them across from the DVD made for me onto the PVR and played it - the clarity was great, and certainly good compared to the quality of the original VHS. im not sure what the quality wouldve been like without the setup i have, but i suspected the digitising of the VHS might improve the quality, and it did.

i have the PM's from those that messaged me months ago (and apologies for the delays) and i will be beginning to send DVD's soon.

as i said at the time, this isnt an exercise in money making - its all about sharing the pieces we all have.

youll see the results soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks BCFM. As a new Big Footy member, it appears that it's too early for me to have access to private messaging.

For now, I am after the following games:

1. Geelong vs Carlton, round 7, 1988, at Waverley Park.
2. Carlton vs Geelong, round 16, 1988, at Princes Park.
3. Carlton vs Brisbane Bears, round 15, 1994, at Princes Park.

james88, have you been able to find many old games so far? Pm me if possible as I have few games myself.

Thanks BCFM. As a new Big Footy member, it appears that it's too early for me to have access to private messaging.

For now, I am after the following games:

1. Geelong vs Carlton, round 7, 1988, at Waverley Park.
2. Carlton vs Geelong, round 16, 1988, at Princes Park.
3. Carlton vs Brisbane Bears, round 15, 1994, at Princes Park.
I reckon you'll struggle with the 1988 games.

Don't know if it's of interest to anyone or if you're still looking, but I still have an old copy of the Seven's Magic Monents VHS. am happy to trade if anyone's interested by all means let me know

Hi,

Does anybody out there have a recording from 1995 of the round 1, Ansett Cup match between West Coast and Melbourne at Waverly?

I've been chasing a copy for a while now, but to no avail. Name a Game don't have it, Channel 7 say they only had the rights to broadcast it, not the actual ownership rights to the footage (as those rights apparently belong to the AFL - As such they cannot help) and I haven't yet heard back from the AFL.

Does anybody know if individual clubs can provide any assistance in sourcing old games?

^^^ Isn't that the game where Peter Roebuck did the running? And is that the reason you're interested in it?

If that question's at me, I'd have to say I'm unsure as to whether Roebuck did the running. Was there any particular reason you thought this may of been the game?

I'm just interested in revisiting the game given Sumich's 7 goals, I vaguely remember it being a decent performance prior to his virtual non-existence at the Eagles for the rest of 95.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back