Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking of you - just about to make my 6 monthly check up appt - dentist is an Eagles supporter but other than that a fine fellow.

I should floss more than I do but he removes the plaque with his gadget.

Apparently I have "oily" saliva :(

In my first teaching post (country Vic) - I became known (in the pub at least) as the "oily gob wog" - 🤣 due to my olive skin and my ability to make a glass of beer go flat in record time.
So basically your oily saliva is a beer flattener. I won't be sharing a glass with you!

I don't want to turn this into a teeth thread, though I was thinking that Oliver could use some orthodontic work to straighten up his front teeth and not look so goofy. Floss is not for removing food but bacteria that will become plaque. I have severe bone loss through previously undetected periodontal invasion below the gum line. Had 5 lots of surgery where gums are torn apart and teeth filed at the roots.

The up and down motion of the floss clears the bacteria and with unwaxed floss, a squealing sound alerts the user to the bacteria's demise. We're talking serious flossing here. Then what the floss doesn't get, the pikster or interdental brush does. Unwaxed floss is extremely difficult to purchase here. It's yet another area in which we prove ourselves to be a backwater, missing out or paying a high price for both essentials and luxuries of life.

If your bone and gum is healthy, you can probably just continue with your half hearted flossing efforts. I also have a 6 month check at the dentist as well as 6 months at the periodontist who is a very expensive substitute for an oral hygienist.

So basically your oily saliva is a beer flattener. I won't be sharing a glass with you!

I don't want to turn this into a teeth thread, though I was thinking that Oliver could use some orthodontic work to straighten up his front teeth and not look so goofy. Floss is not for removing food but bacteria that will become plaque. I have severe bone loss through previously undetected periodontal invasion below the gum line. Had 5 lots of surgery where gums are torn apart and teeth filed at the roots.

The up and down motion of the floss clears the bacteria and with unwaxed floss, a squealing sound alerts the user to the bacteria's demise. We're talking serious flossing here. Then what the floss doesn't get, the pikster or interdental brush does. Unwaxed floss is extremely difficult to purchase here. It's yet another area in which we prove ourselves to be a backwater, missing out or paying a high price for both essentials and luxuries of life.

If your bone and gum is healthy, you can probably just continue with your half hearted flossing efforts. I also have a 6 month check at the dentist as well as 6 months at the periodontist who is a very expensive substitute for an oral hygienist.
Thanks - I've just completed a guilt ridden flossing. The degree of discolouration of the mouthwash post flossing is a tell tale sign of how badly the flossing was required.

The things one learns on BF - keep up the good work.

Thanks - I've just completed a guilt ridden flossing. The degree of discolouration of the mouthwash post flossing is a tell tale sign of how badly the flossing was required.
Oppo supporters would be pissing themselves reading this conversation. Strangely enough, I don’t actually know any Pies supporters that are missing teeth.

Oppo supporters would be pissing themselves reading this conversation. Strangely enough, I don’t actually know any Pies supporters that are missing teeth.
Quite - the thought of Cwood fans dental flossing should warrant general laughter around the wider Melbourne region.

PS - please be careful using the term"Oppo" - that's a Chinese phone ( I used to have one).

Your evaluation of the worth of your own opinion is somewhat incongruous with reality. Fortunately, we don't have to wait for this to be confirmed.

Henry's manager strongly suggested that he wouldn't accept any deal from CFC.

It's obvious to absolutely almost everyone that Geelong could offer him the one thing he wanted: an opportunity to play for the GFC.

Try not to complicate things.

Really…

And you worked all that out for yourself.

Good for you. There is obviously a career in sleuthing for you if you ever lose your day job.

Lucky for us we haven’t had too many of those really talented young kids leave us. Nick “Bloody” Davis comes to mind though…..

The only offset we have is that we got Mitchell. But that may get eaten away pretty quickly depending on how long we each get with the players.

And I really like the attempts to show him as aloof…….Again I’ll ask those who really get their knickers twisted at the first sign of any impropriety towards individuals. Where does the line for inclusivity stop…..Are individuals like Henry a bridge too far for some. Does Henry not have enough or right colours associated with him.

Just asking for a friend who might want to be a Pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the direction that this thread has taken proves the point that Ollie Henry's personality is more boring than brushing your teeth. And I was just talking about regular everyday brushing, not the exciting convoluted preparations performed by some.

He left for family reasons. Not money.

He left for a number of reasons. The problem we have is that we lost a talented kid for supposedly go home reasons…….to Sleepy Hollow…..Seriously???

On that basis, how the F$&@K do we keep any kid from WA or SA.

Maybe we’re not the destination club we think. Do Better…Be Better.

He left for a number of reasons. The problem we have is that we lost a talented kid for supposedly go home reasons…….to Sleepy Hollow…..Seriously???

Ollie, Beams, Nick Davis - they're the only ones I can remember walking without being pushed over the last 20 years. We poach at a much higher rate than we lose - so nothing to worry about at this stage.

Quite - the thought of Cwood fans dental flossing should warrant general laughter around the wider Melbourne region.

PS - please be careful using the term"Oppo" - that's a Chinese phone ( I used to have one).
My favourite Collingwood Support joke - how do you know that a Collingwood supporter invented the tooth brush - anyone else would have called it a teeth brush!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the direction that this thread has taken proves the point that Ollie Henry's personality is more boring than brushing your teeth. And I was just talking about regular everyday brushing, not the exciting convoluted preparations performed by some.
I had a friend in my 20's who after getting his first tooth filling bought a water spout and dental instruments (mirror, hooks and scaling equipment). His girlfriend complained that he spent 30 minutes twice a day on his teeth and that his ritual before bedtime was mind numbingly long, infuriating if they had been out for the evening and she was looking forward to bed. All because of a first filling ever at about 24 years old. He was a St Kilda supporter and set himself high standards of dental hygiene.

I had a friend in my 20's who after getting his first tooth filling bought a water spout and dental instruments (mirror, hooks and scaling equipment). His girlfriend complained that he spent 30 minutes twice a day on his teeth and that his ritual before bedtime was mind numbingly long, infuriating if they had been out for the evening and she was looking forward to bed. All because of a first filling ever at about 24 years old. He was a St Kilda supporter and set himself high standards of dental hygiene.

He sounds like a Henry type.

Thanks for this detail
I think by the time he made it under the covers with her, she had lost all interest. After a spot of oral sex or a nice kiss, I imagine he further turned her off by locking himself in the bathroom with all his tooth paraphernalia to ensure any bacteria acquired from her mouth and other regions was quickly swept away.

I think by the time he made it under the covers with her, she had lost all interest. After a spot of oral sex or a nice kiss, I imagine he further turned her off by locking himself in the bathroom with all his tooth paraphernalia to ensure any bacteria acquired from her mouth and other regions was quickly swept away.
Wake Up Smile GIF by STORKS

Christ id knock all my teeth out in excitement if my significant other was waiting for me in bed, toey as a Roman sandal

Last edited:

We don’t lose too many 2nd year players. You might be overreacting…

I know one.

Episode 4 Movie GIF by Star Wars

2 ****ed up wisdom teeth, then I let my dentists appointments slip during a stressful financial/emotional coupla years and I lost a molar.

Lets just say alway floss, and find the money for your health instead of self medicating with junk food and cheap booze.

I know one.

Episode 4 Movie GIF by Star Wars

2 ****ed up wisdom teeth, then I let my dentists appointments slip during a stressful financial/emotional coupla years and I lost a molar.

Lets just say alway floss, and find the money for your health instead of self medicating with junk food and cheap booze.
Tales of teeth. You can never get enough - teeth, I mean. As for me, my regular unwaxed floss sourced from a pharmacy near the Alfred has vanished from the shelf, the supplier and the staff's memory. 6 unwaxed Oral Bs's have arrived from UK via a friend's daughter. The string is too thin and doesn't play the important sound effects.

The 'plain 'WELLNESS' floss from Chemist's Warehouse was as predictably disappointing as the name suggested it could be. The type of floss that's so slippery it requires an enormous piece to be used to allow a decent grip to prevent it from sliding through the fingers instead of the teeth. It is totally silent, bereft of sound it tells you absolutely nothing about the flossing process.

A disappointing lot.

I forked out $50, $20 postage, to purchase 6 unwaxed GUM flosses, my go to floss, via a Spanish company. One month and the reading of thousands of negative company reviews later, the floss arrived. Excitedly I tore open the package, only to discover the waxed floss had been sent instead. Many more hours were then spent writing complaining emails and writing reviews doing what so many others had done - warn people to stay away from the this shonky outfit.

There are flosses and there are flosses. You want one that feels more substantial than a flimsy piece of cotton. One that feels coarse rather than slippery against the tooth surface, that audibly grinds and squeals as you slide it up and down the surface from tooth top to gumline. One that intimates that a bit of thought has gone into the matt finish that tightly grips the tooth's surface.

If you find GUM unwaxed in a pharmacy, shoot me a PM. You just may save a tooth.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back