Player Watch Oliver Henry

Remove this Banner Ad

Scribe26

Team Captain
Mar 13, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not opposed to giving him another look at AFL level against the bottom-placed team this week - it'll be much easier for the lad than a red-hot debut against the Dogs. Structure-wise we get an excuse to put Moore back and JDG a longer stint in the middle.

I also think he'll be well-served in putting together a block of performances like these in the VFL and really earning his trip back after the halfway mark.

You're all welcome for this post.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
I'm not opposed to giving him another look at AFL level against the bottom-placed team this week - it'll be much easier for the lad than a red-hot debut against the Dogs. Structure-wise we get an excuse to put Moore back and JDG a longer stint in the middle.

I also think he'll be well-served in putting together a block of performances like these in the VFL and really earning his trip back after the halfway mark.

I was just about to thank you….

jackcass

Premium Gold
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think we are looking for a priority pick.
Love some draft concessions. Netted GCS Davies and Jeffrey last draft, Rowell and a heap of other draft capital in 2019, and Corbett, Collins, and Burgess in 2018. And their list is now capped at 53 players. Still hasn't finished playing out. Can you organise something like that?

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

You make a very compelling argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheGreatGrundy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's still simply got a boy's body, has the attributes but not yet developed enough to hold his ground or position in a marking duel.
So why was he played? Most posters agreed he should not get a game on the strength of a couple of good VFL quarters. He will again be back in the VFL though the concussion injuries we suffered may gift him another game. The Swans will destroy him.

Mkcaptain

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Having to compete with McKay was definitely not ideal. But agree that he doesn't look ready for seniors. Doesn't offer a lot of forward defensive pressure either.

I wouldn't complain if they give him another week. But I'm starting to think developing in the VFL might be best for him this year

Remove this Banner Ad