Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was also blatantly pushed in the back at least twice
It’s a rule that has gone out of vogue with the relaxing of the interpretation a couple of years ago. Holding ground with forearms has become blatant pushing being ignored.

Can't expect a kid to find his feet at AFL level if we keep dropping him after one game.

Besides, it's a rebuild year. We need to take stock of what we have and what we need. We won't know that if we don't play them.

I don’t think Henry is tall enough to play the type of marking forward role in the AFL that he has played successfully as a junior and in the VFL. His opponents will be taller, stronger, experienced and just as quick. It’s a tough ask.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Lucky he is 18/19 and has time to build his body to a point where he can.

Why where you not a Fan of his when we Drafted Him?

I had so many Infront of him and they all were taken before our pick, I probably worded that wrong, I was more disappointed we didn't snag one of the taller boys that went before him.

Collingwood have been desperate for a big forward and he won't be that, could be a really nice type like the 2nd or 3rd forward.

Will be a good thread to go through in 4 years, hope I'm wrong.

We aren’t winning the flag this year (regardless of how optimistic I force myself to be).

What’s the point of keeping Henry in the VFL? I’m ok with him going back there once every few weeks for a rest, otherwise just keep him in the team.

Going forward, I would be happy with 10-14 possessions plus one or two shots ok goal in each game. Just use this season as a development year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for playing good kids, but this week against Sydney at the SCG, against the swans defence, this boy will be embarrassed. Doesnt have the physical tools to compete at this level yet. Also seems very slow.

As for guessing about the future, I am gonna say no on this boy. Prove me wrong Ollie!!!

reckon he will make it as a HB in time (howe vain) strong mark an kick, as i just can't see him making it as a HF long term ...

Can't expect much from a kid who is light framed key forward, I wasn't a big fan of him when he was drafted but we almost had to take him.
He is not going to ever be a key forward. At best a third tall, but even then I don't see enough to suggest he'll get there. More an Elliott type probably (e.g. more a marking medium forward), but those types are rare.

He looks like to runs to the right places, so has a brain. He will only get better with more senior footy. I think he is the sort of player we need in the forward line. If we can move the ball quicker and an open forward line, I can see him kicking a few goals.

I don't think these type of forwards can just get games pumped into them if not ready, it's all about confidence and you don't want to destroy him at an early age.

VFL for the season and hopefully a big preseason in the weights room.

This is not intended to be another Degoey bashing comment (Ive did enough of that last week) but with a minute to go and the game iced it would have been nice for him to pop it over the top to Ollie when he was on his own 20 out from goal on a 45. If he kicks a goal it would be a great confidence booster for the kid going into next week.

The kid has ‘it’. Will be a very good player. Gets to good spots. Smart and happy to give him 5-7 senior games this year to prepare him for future seasons. As a marking player he will obviously do better as his strength improves but he moved well tonight

JDG’s last goal Henry was clear inside 50 but Jordy burnt him. He will be dangerous when his team mates get more confidence in him
That was a very selfish act by Degoey. It was the perfect chance to give the kid a huge boost in confidence
Contrast that with Richmond or Geelong and their unselfish acts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back