Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Weren't Ginnivan and McCreery from 2020 draft?
Ginni rookie draft I did specify senior draft but yes McCreery was a late pick, should have mentioned that, still pretty sad that all we have from two senior drafts selected in the 22 is a pressure forward.

Every time I watch one of Jen’s training videos I see Ollie pulling in great grabs…

If his omission is simply a team balance issue i.e. makes room for Elliot, I can accept it.

We lack talented forwards. Ollie is a talented forward.

Mental demons can be overcome, if this is what ails him; support and belief going a long way towards addressing that.

If his omission is simply a team balance issue i.e. makes room for Elliot, I can accept it.

We lack talented forwards. Ollie is a talented forward.

Mental demons can be overcome, if this is what ails him; support and belief going a long way towards addressing that.
Yeah, he'll be fine. He is the future. But probably more about team balance. No doubt he has things to work on, like his defensive pressure and his mental part of the game, but has too much talent to waste.

Last edited:
Kids his age wont always be a regular in a senior, fit side. But as long as he keeps working hard, another pre-season and next year he will be best 22 every week. Has played more than some in the last 12 months, he'll understand where he is at. What he needs to improve and work on. There isn't anything to freak out about at this point in time.
Another pre-season in the gym will help as well.

10 disposals , 6 marks 3 behinds 30% disposal efficiency

9 disposals, 6 marks, 1 goal 2 behinds, 33% disposal efficiency

One was mihoceks game vs the dogs the other was Henry’s

If they believe in his talent and work rate they should just back the kid in

It’s not just performance (which Henry is stiff to be dropped based on that alone). It’s also team balance.

We have Ginnivan and Elliot returning to the team and Cox replacing Begg which frees Cameron to return to the forward line. Somebody had to go to make room. It had to be Henry or McCreery and mcreeery got the nod because of the role he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How you like them apples?
Wwe
Silly comment. He was terrible last week and we had proven forwards returning. He was clearly sensational today so that's wonderful. Why the endless potshots?

Because the person who made the comment does nothing but bag our players week in week out. He has a right to his opinion but the way he Carries on you’d think he is a 300 game club champion.

And personally I didn’t think he should have been dropped. The kid kicked poorly but worked hard and got his hands on the ball. With were we are at I thought he should have been backed in. I’m glad he got his chance and took it.

I've been a Noble defender from day one but I don't jump on and take digs at his critics when he plays well. I feel very happy that my team has one and he has played his part.
Are you still a Henry critic, or are you trending towards being a fan?

I've been a Noble defender from day one but I don't jump on and take digs at his critics when he plays well. I feel very happy that my team has one and he has played his part.
Henry was unfairly criticised. I’ll call it where I see it. Kid got plenty of the ball last week, more than any other and should never have been dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Back