Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly comment. He was terrible last week and we had proven forwards returning. He was clearly sensational today so that's wonderful. Why the endless potshots?
Surely you aren’t saying Cox is a proven forward?

Henry was unfairly criticised. I’ll call it where I see it. Kid got plenty of the ball last week, more than any other and should never have been dropped
Couldn't have worked out any better. I wouldn't underestimate the significance of zero pressure leading in to that performance. He's going to kick a lot of goals for us when he matures.

Henry was unfairly criticised. I’ll call it where I see it. Kid got plenty of the ball last week, more than any other and should never have been dropped
Spot on should have kicked 4-5 last week and should have kicked 4 or 5 in under 3 quarters today. He is an elite talent can mark, has good skills, great spacial awareness and is reasonably quick. At 19 he is averaging more than a goal a game and that was after a few games wear he was a moose in headlights. He will have more shockers but he has potential to win us games.

Whatever it was last week it stank up the joint. This week it has a delicious aroma.
I think the point many were making is that the performance last week did not stink as badly as some described. He took inside 50 marks and had good looks at goal. A little confidence and that performance changed quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the point many were making last night is that the performance last week did not stink as badly as some described. He took inside 50 marks and had good looks at goal. A little confidence and that performance changed quickly.
I agree but look at the abuse DeGoey copped on this thread for missing a couple of shots on goal. It's a forward's job to finish off the hard work of his teammates. Henry didn't just miss. He lost the plot toward the end of the game. I'm elated to see him play well and get a much needed injection of confidence. I don't like people taking jabs at those who were critical of his game last week. We have all done it and we have all seen the object of our criticism turn it around and make us look silly. That's footy. Highly paid commentators do it every week.

I agree but look at the abuse DeGoey copped on this thread for missing a couple of shots on goal. It's a forward's job to finish off the hard work of his teammates. Henry didn't just miss. He lost the plot toward the end of the game. I'm elated to see him play well and get a much needed injection of confidence. I don't like people taking jabs at those who were critical of his game last week. We have all done it and we have all seen the object of our criticism turn it around and make us look silly. That's footy. Highly paid commentators do it every week.
I think some of criticism last week was because we hope and know he can produce better when kicking on goal.

I was crushed that they dropped him last week, but maybe the super-sub option was always the plan?

This kid has got more talent than any of our rookie forwards since Jamie Elliott exploded in his second year.

He projects at a minimum as a very good role player, and his freakish attributes give him an insanely high ceiling. He could be an absolutely elite mid-sized forward.

He and Ginnivan are NINETEEN YEARS OLD. There are your cornerstones of our next great forward line right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back