Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Brushy

Senior List
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
From fox:

PICK 17: OLIVER HENRY

Clubs:
Geelong Falcons/Vic Country

Position: Forward

Size: 188cm/79kg

Bio: There’s a lot to like about the brother of Geelong’s Jack, with the forward one of the lively options inside 50 for clubs inside the first round. He marks the ball well overhead close to goal and creates a spark around the ball. In the NAB League last year, Henry booted 18 goals from 15 matches, averaging 10 touches. At the moment, clubs will be picking Henry on potential, knowing he can develop into a good option in the attacking half of the ground. He does have the ability to move onto the wing, but appears likely to start his AFL life as a forward.

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
They said on the Fox call he’s basically a Jack Gunston clone.
The guy we were after all trade period and we picked him up in the draft as a slider. I am genuinely stoked with this pick. Should play Round 1.

Brushy

Senior List
Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
The guy we were after all trade period and we picked him up in the draft as a slider. I am genuinely stoked with this pick. Should play Round 1.
Yeah I chuckled when I heard them mention Gunston.

Not sure he plays rd 1 though.

To be fair they compared about a dozen different players to Gunston on the coverage.

no disrespect to Goldy but I hope this kid has surer hands - particularly at ground level.
Goldy was lightning with Edward Scissorhands, this bloke seems if anything to be the opposite.

Going by highlights package this kid just oozes class.
Decent skills, poise, versatility, goal sense and sharp footy brain. Seems to always want to move the ball on and create.
Potential top liner.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Could be the penultimate annual change in the wearing of 35. And we might even get to see it at senior level in 2021.

Crazy Tails

Premiership Player
Nov 30, 2006
Collingwood Heartland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is there any other teams?
Never really considered Hnery tbh as I never expected him to get to our first pick. Most had him top 12 so this seems a great get in the late teens.

I thought he was actually a bit taller than his 188cm but he looks to bring some real quality traits to the table. Great grab and hits the score board.

It looks like the Gunston comparisons have already been made; that was my first thought too when I watched his highlights and read his write ups.

We may not have been able to land the Hawk gun in trade but we've hopefully got a kid on our list now who can turn into something similar with age on his side.

Go well Oliver.

Back