Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Having to compete with McKay was definitely not ideal. But agree that he doesn't look ready for seniors. Doesn't offer a lot of forward defensive pressure either.

I wouldn't complain if they give him another week. But I'm starting to think developing in the VFL might be best for him this year
Agreed we need to cycle our youngsters through with 2 or 3 week stints to get them used to the big stage but not ruin them physically.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
What are the alternatives?

It’s De Goey, Mihocek, Cameron and realistically one of Cox/Henry/Ginnivan

Not many other mid sized forward options apart from Ruscoe or Kelly. Neither of whom I think are actually forwards by nature

Just keep putting games into the kid. He will be better for it in the long run.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was happy enough with tonight, and we should play him again. His defensive pressure is definitely a big focus point - he lopes a bit when he should be running like someone with a knife is after him

Happy with what exactly?

Clearly has talent but he is losing his head at AFL level, needs to calm down and learn some composure because at VFL level his hands are brilliant, at AFL level he keeps running under the ball or dropping ones he should take.

Mavs13

Senior List
Mar 31, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
What do people expect. He has played 2 games.
Have you seen Carey’s stats after 4 games in his first year?
26-14-8
No goals.
Not saying he will be Carey, but seriously, people need to calm down. Give him time.
People on here expect every player to dominate after 1 game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
The kid has ‘it’. Will be a very good player. Gets to good spots. Smart and happy to give him 5-7 senior games this year to prepare him for future seasons. As a marking player he will obviously do better as his strength improves but he moved well tonight

JDG’s last goal Henry was clear inside 50 but Jordy burnt him. He will be dangerous when his team mates get more confidence in him

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Happy with what exactly?

Clearly has talent but he is losing his head at AFL level, needs to calm down and learn some composure because at VFL level his hands are brilliant, at AFL level he keeps running under the ball or dropping ones he should take.
He gets pushed under the ball because of his light frame.

piemad1

Team Captain
Oct 12, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The kid has ‘it’. Will be a very good player. Gets to good spots. Smart and happy to give him 5-7 senior games this year to prepare him for future seasons. As a marking player he will obviously do better as his strength improves but he moved well tonight

JDG’s last goal Henry was clear inside 50 but Jordy burnt him. He will be dangerous when his team mates get more confidence in him

Exactly right. Those at the game would have seen him get space on the lead all night only to be torched by our players poor skills or bad decision making.
Probably should have ended with a fair bit more of it if we weren't such an ordinary unit. Leave him in, will only keep getting better.

Can't expect much from a kid who is light framed key forward, I wasn't a big fan of him when he was drafted but we almost had to take him.

Why where you not a Fan of his when we Drafted Him?

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t think Henry is tall enough to play the type of marking forward role in the AFL that he has played successfully as a junior and in the VFL. His opponents will be taller, stronger, experienced and just as quick. It’s a tough ask.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think Henry is tall enough to play the type of marking forward role in the AFL that he has played successfully as a junior and in the VFL. His opponents will be taller, stronger, experienced and just as quick. It’s a tough ask.

Elliot is and he is about 10cm Shorter then Henry

He relies on marking so needs some size/strength for seniors
Yep, got to good spots, spots where he would have got 3-5 opportunities in the twos, but with the step up in level he couldn’t get the same separation or was out bodied. Would like to see him get 3-4 games in a row.

Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood

Yeah don't agree at all. The kid lacks experience, that is all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back