Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely, we shouldn't even be questioning the poor kid. He looks elite to me with his skill set, just a matter of confidence and time, he is going to be very hard to stop and match up on once he gets more games

Apparently comment on EBnW was we blamed our injuries on heavy gym program pre 2017 and scaled it back badly.

We are a soft and skinny weak team now and club needs to do better to find the right balance.

Same poster also said reason we went bulk up strategy is due to 2011 losses to Geelong players felt they bullied us to big and strong.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
VFL will do nothing for him. The pace is different. How many goals and marks do you want him to take? lol He just needs to get used to the AFL pace, and with more games he will.

I agree normally but for some kids a year or 2 of VFL is exactly what they need to be ready physically. Keeps getting donuts and you can destroy him mentally.

I agree normally but for some kids a year or 2 of VFL is exactly what they need to be ready physically. Keeps getting donuts and you can destroy him mentally.
yeah, but I thought he looked a lot better than round 1. The win would have helped too with confidence.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apparently comment on EBnW was we blamed our injuries on heavy gym program pre 2017 and scaled it back badly.

We are a soft and skinny weak team now and club needs to do better to find the right balance.

Same poster also said reason we went bulk up strategy is due to 2011 losses to Geelong players felt they bullied us to big and strong.
Spot on, I noticed that even Cameron hasn't put on any weight since he came to us, can't help feeling that with some extra weight and muscle he could be more than handy up forward

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spot on, I noticed that even Cameron hasn't put on any weight since he came to us, can't help feeling that with some extra weight and muscle he could be more than handy up forward

How can a club that gloats its the best in the land yet cant get the simplest and most basic things right in the gym/training track

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Henry doesn't have the same advantage that another skinny forward in Stephenson had in his first year which was the speed to get separation on his opponent.

I do agree with Riewoldt that he was getting himself in some good positions against North but didn't have the body strength to take advantage of it in the marking contests.

Against lesser opponents at VFL level he's already produced some standout moments and that is a better guide to his talent and what he can hopefully produce in the AFL once he fills out.

Patience will be required.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very very very bad as soon as he gets to AFL level.

In the VFL he has great hands, at AFL level he drops everything uncontested, even drops handballs from teammates, turns the ball over. Something is seriously wrong with his mental, he can't deal with pressure at all.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
He doesn’t have enough pace or nouse to be AFL relevant until his body develops

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Although not on his Pat Malone today, he put up another underwhelming performance. There was a couple of instances where he had the opportunity to at least half the contest but avoided physical contact.

Not sure who replaces him as we don't have many left, dependent on today's VFL performance perhaps Ginnivan gets a go?

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers

In the VFL he has great hands, at AFL level he drops everything uncontested, even drops handballs from teammates, turns the ball over. Something is seriously wrong with his mental, he can't deal with pressure at all.
The warning signs were there in that practice match against the Tiges but I'm shocked that his confidence issues are causing such basic errors almost halfway into the season.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Although not on his Pat Malone today, he put up another underwhelming performance. There was a couple of instances where he had the opportunity to at least half the contest but avoided physical contact.

Not sure who replaces him as we don't have many left, dependent on today's VFL performance perhaps Ginnivan gets a go?
I reckon Murphy comes back in next week on a wing and WHE takes Henry's forward spot.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The warning signs were there in that practice match against the Tiges but I'm shocked that his confidence issues are causing such basic errors almost halfway into the season.

Generally players who turn to water under pressure stay that way their whole careers, it's a tad concerning. How's he going to go in a grand final if we make one?

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

His confidence is shot, i'd give him one more game to see if he can turn it around, if not back to the magoos to get some confidence.

His confidence is shot, i'd give him one more game to see if he can turn it around, if not back to the magoos to get some confidence.
I think we just have to be patient. He doesn't look lie he'll be AFL relevant until his body matures. Should play VFL for the rest of the year - probably most of next year too.

Back