Welcome Oliver Sestan - pick #28 Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

i think he might actually be Luke Dunstan playing u18s with a fake ID.

Will follow this bloke, genuine smoky

Yep, I like the pick. He looks the type that will either thrive in a professional environment and surprise, or end up back in the country kicking 100's of goals a year.

His highlights look impressive, but he did have a man against boys type of look to a few of them. It looks like he uses it well and has strong hands, but doesn't look the most agile type. Looking forward to following his progress next year for the Globetrotters.

I’ve known Ollie since Auskick(his skills were elite then!). He is very strong, not overly quick but his skills, game awareness and goal sense are superb. Will be very interested to see if he makes it. I did wonder if he really wanted it enough, if he thrives in the club environment you could have a steal. Maybe a Paul Hudson type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve known Ollie since Auskick(his skills were elite then!). He is very strong, not overly quick but his skills, game awareness and goal sense are superb. Will be very interested to see if he makes it. I did wonder if he really wanted it enough, if he thrives in the club environment you could have a steal. Maybe a Paul Hudson type.

Thanks for this. What's his endurance like? And is he only a forward or has he played mid too?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks for this. What's his endurance like? And is he only a forward or has he played mid too?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Can’t speak to his endurance but it was good in the under 14’s. He was one of those kids as a junior that you could play him anywhere on the field and he still starred. Played lots of midfield but ended up forward a lot because he was such good mark and kick for goal. He is a great lad from a great family too, no worries on the personality front.

Can’t speak to his endurance but it was good in the under 14’s. He was one of those kids as a junior that you could play him anywhere on the field and he still starred. Played lots of midfield but ended up forward a lot because he was such good mark and kick for goal. He is a great lad from a great family too, no worries on the personality front.

You don't happen to know why he wasn't part of any of the under 18's set ups, do you?

Really appreciate your insights in this thread by the way. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back