Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how that would change anything
Need to pay up clubs are frustrated at Geelong for low balling thier targets acording Matt Rendell.

Clubs wont trade with Geelong if they try to low ball. you blokes already pay unders for players when you get them and on top want to low ball clubs by not giving a fair trade.

How you expecting to get all 3 players in Bruhn, Henry, Bowes without a bit of sacrifice?

There will be sacrifice.
18, future 1st and future 2nd and sav plus our later picks this year will all go. But for 3 players plus pick 7 im fine with that.

Need to pay up clubs are frustrated at Geelong for low balling thier targets acording Matt Rendell.

Clubs wont trade with Geelong if they try to low ball. you blokes already pay unders for players when you get them and on top want to low ball clubs by not giving a fair trade.
You can be angry as you like but henry is the one you need to convince and I'm not sure why he cares about the pick going to his former club at all.

I'm also not sure why it's relevant either. It's less than the cats will eventually give up.

You can be angry as you like but henry is the one you need to convince and I'm not sure why he cares about the pick going to his former club at all.

I'm also not sure why it's relevant either. It's less than the cats will eventually give up.
Don't care for Henry don't like how cats are low balling Pies and GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frustrated or just envious? In recent years Cats have given Brisbane McCarthy, Cockatoo and Fort for next to nothing and 23 year old Nathan Kreuger to Collingwood for very little, now Esava Ratugolea wishes to go to Port. Clubs will trade with Geelong because they are very fair and work on a win/win basis. Nobody is low balling anybody.

This is just normal trading. Mackie is probably just stalling because he wants something else out the way first. There's no way he expected them to say yes
Mate we aren’t asking him for Crazy Vossy like deals, we want what is fair, if we are willing to accept pick 18 the deal should have been done days ago.

Last edited:
Frustrated or just envious? In recent years Cats have given Brisbane McCarthy, Cockatoo and Fort for next to nothing and 23 year old Nathan Kreuger to Collingwood for very little, now Esava Ratugolea wishes to go to Port. Clubs will trade with Geelong because they are very fair and work on a win/win basis. Nobody is low balling anybody.
Seems to me Mackie is trying to make a name for himself, Wells might need to tap him on the shoulder.

Not necessarily. Both sides have had a few things going on
We’ve all but finished our trades, only a couple of lower ones to go which won’t involve a first, you have the pick we won’t and the majority of the planet thinks it’s fair, why the hold up?

One thing I can guarantee is that not a single person from any football club is leaking info to Matt Rendell.
Irrespective, I don’t understand the logic behind offering a second round pick for Henry. He is clearly worth more.

1, It makes Mackie look like the Don Dodo, and gives off a perception that Geelong are no longer fair traders.

2, They’ll end up offering pick 18, and look like they’ve succumbed to Collingwood by making a better offer to get their man.

Either way, it’s not a good move, and offering pick 18 from the get go would’ve been the wiser way to go. Make Collingwood look like the greedy villains by asking for pick 7.

Not smart business.

It's like a 40 degree summer's day on BF right now - melts everywhere...and because of something that Matt Rendell of all people said...which he literally backtracked on when called out on it.

Christ, do some of you actually just enjoy being pissed off at everything?

What did he backtrack on exactly?

I didn’t hear the exact comments.

But if it was simply that other clubs aren’t happy with the manner Mackie is dealing with other clubs, and would prefer to be dealing with Wells, I don’t think there is any doubt about that.

Geez I’ve heard as much from my mate involved with Richmond recruiting and they aren’t even dealing with Geelong.

IMO as I said a few days ago, this deal would have already have been done between Wright and Wells by now.

What did he backtrack on exactly?

I didn’t hear the exact comments.

But if it was simply that other clubs aren’t happy with the manner Mackie is dealing with other clubs, and would prefer to be dealing with Wells, I don’t think there is any doubt about that.

Geez I’ve heard as much from my mate involved with Richmond recruiting and they aren’t even dealing with Geelong.

I called in and called him out for his commentary about Mack being hard to deal with and the furore around Pick 38, and his exact words were, 'mate you're taking me far too seriously, I was just being facetious.'

He didn't dig in when I said that it was likely an opening gambit as all clubs do, and he didn't say that's what he's heard or offer up any follow up...just said I was making a lot of good points and then said I think the best outcome is that everyone walks away happy from the trade as he's a talented kid - that was after I said I thought he was worth around Pick 18.

If someone really was that aggrieved or had info that their former club was that aggrieved, don't you think he would have actually corrected me or doubled down on what he was so adamant about not 10 minutes earlier?

Of course now he's got his wish because Sen and other news outlets are running with it as gospel, but fact remains, that Ollie's manager came on twice today, and confirmed talks were progressing. If Wright and co. were so pissed off at Mack and Wells...then that would have leaked just like the Dogs being irate at Brisbane leaked today.

There's so much evidence it's all BS what Rendell said - and that's why I called in to see if he would actually stand by it...which he did not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back