Traded Ollie Henry - Traded to Geelong as part of a reported 3-way deal (details tbc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Claiming he would’ve gone in the top 5 if it wasn’t for covid. Dare say Pies value is that 7-10 at least if clubs came after him. Whether they get it is a different story.

Claiming he would’ve gone in the top 5 if it wasn’t for covid. Dare say Pies value is that 7-10 at least if clubs came after him. Whether they get it is a different story.

Might be seen beat of a Steal

I heard the Opposite
false abraham simpson GIF

I’m not as confident as other Pie supporters on this one. At draft time Geelong loved him and would have taken him if not for giving them up for J. Cameron. I believe they’d still be keen.

He may be just trying to bump up his next Pie contract value or he does plan to head back to Geelong.

I don’t read to much into him saying ‘I love it here, blah, blah’. When has a player said ’this place stinks, I’m outta here at the end of the year’, during the season. That said he’s not a list need for Geelong but think his value is a first rounder. If it’s Geelong he chose and they’re the only possibility if he decides to leave, IMO, then that’s a mid teens pick at best. Unfortunate but that’s trading and has happened many times before. If the pick ended up high teens nearing 20, you could get lucky and squeeze a 2nd rounder for a 3rd rounder as well.

I’m not as confident as other Pie supporters on this one. At draft time Geelong loved him and would have taken him if not for giving them up for J. Cameron. I believe they’d still be keen.

He may be just trying to bump up his next Pie contract value or he does plan to head back to Geelong.

I don’t read to much into him saying ‘I love it here, blah, blah’. When has a player said ’this place stinks, I’m outta here at the end of the year’, during the season. That said he’s not a list need for Geelong but think his value is a first rounder. If it’s Geelong he chose and they’re the only possibility if he decides to leave, IMO, then that’s a mid teens pick at best. Unfortunate but that’s trading and has happened many times before. If the pick ended up high teens nearing 20, you could get lucky and squeeze a 2nd rounder for a 3rd rounder as well.
Ive been told he wants to stay from someone that knows his family.

The enivonment at the club is happy, he is happy. He has no interest in leaving.

The rest will take care of itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The enivonment at the club is happy, he is happy. He has no interest in leaving.

In fairness he probably has to say that because he knows there's no realistic possibility of him getting traded home

Thing is though we did take Cameron. Now where do we even play him? We don't have enough space in the forward line for a ruck, we certainly can't carry a medium forward who doesn't ruck or play midfield

I think he will stay. There seems to be a lot of 2nd year players who not extended their contract. He looks happy and Geelong have other needs.

Piss off you Geelong flogs, you can have him in 12 years
Nah..go ahead and sign him for 2 more and allow us tp pump up the home sickness a whole bunch more.
By then he'll be more ready to come home, Hawkins will be done and he'll play a great double target to Jezza and Neale.
Hawkins will free up a good old 800k too so the cash wont be an issue.

GO Catters

Nah..go ahead and sign him for 2 more and allow us tp pump up the home sickness a whole bunch more.
By then he'll be more ready to come home, Hawkins will be done and he'll play a great double target to Jezza and Neale.
Hawkins will free up a good old 800k too so the cash wont be an issue.

GO Catters
Restricted Free Agents versus Unrestricted Free Agents:
"Under the AFL Player Rules, an Unrestricted Free Agent may automatically move to the Club of their choice.

An offer to a Restricted Free Agent may be matched by their Club. Should their original Club match the offer, and the Restricted Free Agent Player does not wish to remain with their original Club, they must enter the National Draft or seek a trade."

You do realise you would still have to trade for him in 2 years don't you?

"Under the AFL Player Rules, an Unrestricted Free Agent may automatically move to the Club of their choice.

An offer to a Restricted Free Agent may be matched by their Club. Should their original Club match the offer, and the Restricted Free Agent Player does not wish to remain with their original Club, they must enter the National Draft or seek a trade."

Of course its a trade. I never listed it would be free or otherwise.

Just saying he'll be more homesick, we'll have better list position and $$ to offer him post Hawkins.
Works for me.

GO Catters

Going out on a limb here but pretty sure he knows mate

Unless the rules change ... FRA or UFA , (depending on how much you pay him) will only kick in when he is around 25/26...so it will be a trade ..just like it was when the Pies brought in Adams and Treloar etc. Thats years away... the longer he stays at Collingwood , the more likely he is to be happy staying.

The bait you Catter's boys are tossing just isn't working. Ollie is doing just fine and he's loving the freedom!
Travelling down the highway for mum's lamb roast is nice, but playing in all the big games at the "G" and being the main man....well that's what his next decade is going to be.

Sniff somewhere else boys.

The bait you Catter's boys are tossing just isn't working. Ollie is doing just fine and he's loving the freedom!
Travelling down the highway for mum's lamb roast is nice, but playing in all the big games at the "G" and being the main man....well that's what his next decade is going to be.

Sniff somewhere else boys.
The bait is working pretty well as far as I can see. Not for Ollie, we don't even have a spot to play him in. The bait to get pies fans worked up is working nicely.

I get the same feeling from watching him on field (I don't even know any insiders, haha) -, and I see no reason in the short term for him to leave. Maybe down the track if things change, but he seems very happy on the field, Pies are happy with him, and Geelong have no need for him right now - and the draft cost would be something we likely couldn't match.

We chose between him and Cameron, and so this is on us. I like the way he's playing at Collingwood, and while I would love him back home, I see no way it happens if all parties are happy with the status quo.

Revisit in 2-3 years once his next contract is up, but until then I see this as a slam dunk resigning with the next month or two - once he gets his contract value up a bit more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back