Recommitted Ollie Lord [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

The sad part is, there is still another week of this sh*t.

Trade period will only be one week next year I think.

I would give my left nut for trade period to only be 1 week. Alas, AFL loves their revenue and ad space. Only need to hear Sav's manager when he said 'this will be done in the final day of trade period, as there's no reason to do it any earlier', to know what club reps are really thinking.

No we rate him highly internally and we are invested a lot into him and there is a premium on young KPF
He's growth will be exponential compared to Ratugolea. This is only his first year.

Be prepared to pay 2 first rounders if your club is keen thanks
Yeah I don't think we'll be doing anything like that

Worth at least two first round draft picks...

21 year old that is part of our best 22, tough & aggressive with plenty more upside
Their is a premium on young KPFs who make a direct impact in finals, you just cant find 21 year old players like this.
We put substantial investment into him and would fight to keep him....blah blah Geelong (Chris Scott) rhetoric

2 First rounders or bugger off!!
Thanks Geelong
You can have him, he can not kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Creating this thread was a tremendous error of judgement. You can't accurately value him and this whole conversation will be a dumpster fire.
Can we have Jimmy Bartel go on air and say he's not Wayne Carey and that we could get him for a F3....

Jimmy wouldn't do that though because he's not a biased nuffie like Cornes.

Sav kicked 5 in a final? - No didn't think so.
Good thing Lord hasn't either then.

Sav has also kicked 3 in a Final before and had people hyping him up too.
Just like Lord, they went back to what they normally do the next week.

If we are going off one game performances then Ben Ronke is the GOAT

The suggestion was that Sav has done more than Lord. So that would mean he would have to have a bigger output that Lord. Lord has kicked 4 in a final, so for Sav to do more, he'd have to kick at least 5.
Sav kicked 3 in a final against the reigning premier and was a year younger at the time. So the difference is one goal. Both are miles behind where John Butcher was at the same age

The suggestion was that Sav has done more than Lord. So that would mean he would have to have a bigger output that Lord. Lord has kicked 4 in a final, so for Sav to do more, he'd have to kick at least 5.
Ben Ronke has more career 7 goal games than Luke Breust. So naturally he has done more than Breust.

Sav kicked 3 in a final against the reigning premier and was a year younger at the time. So the difference is one goal. Both are miles behind where John Butcher was at the same age
So Lord has already outperformed Sav's best in a must shorter time period with the ability to get better.

This is my point. Sav is a failed forward who has shown he is likely to be a failed defender.

But he's rated highly internally. Unfortunately Hinkley is rated internally by us and he's a turnip.

So Lord has already outperformed Sav's best in a must shorter time period with the ability to get better.

This is my point. Sav is a failed forward who has shown he is likely to be a failed defender.

But he's rated highly internally. Unfortunately Hinkley is rated internally by us and he's a turnip.
Sav was younger at that point than Lord is now but it's a much of a muchness. We're not talking about materially different players to the same age in their career, that's the point. Lord could turn into a player but statistically that's still unlikely

Sav was younger at that point than Lord is now but it's a much of a muchness. We're not talking about materially different players to the same age in their career, that's the point. Lord could turn into a player but statistically that's still unlikely
But the point is you can pretty much call it on Sav but not Lord because of his age.

But the point is you can pretty much call it on Sav but not Lord because of his age.
That's my point. You can definitely call it on Sav as a forward though in a pinch if you clear the other talls out and play him real deep and keep him isolated 1-1 he can play the role. Incidentally that's also what Lord did in his good game.

What I'm saying is Lord is a shot at being a good player but it's a long shot. Don't take it as too big a knock on him, it's the hardest position and he's coming from a long way back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back