Toast Ollie Wines 200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always been a fan of Ollie. The backbone of our inside midfield and contested possessions almost since his first game for the club and in many ways an understated achiever.

At times he could easily have gone elsewhere but has embraced the club and its tradition and is a fitting inaugural Brownlow Medalist for which he will always be remembered.

The great news for us is he is still well and truly in his prime and looks set to play the remainder of his games with us fingers crossed. Congratulations Ollie!

From Ollie's 100 game thread

quadzilla.jpg

Also from his 100 game thread, this tackle from his first AFL game, on former Port player and leading goal umpire David Rodan.

0cHW9uz.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to high school with an absolute flog Western Bulldogs supporter who gave me heaps of s**t for being a Port Adelaide supporter (but he could never cop any back in return)

One day in 2014, I mentioned the name Ollie Wines to him, and he responded with “Who?”

Wouldn’t mind betting that he knows who Ollie Wines is now 🥇 cheers Ollie 🍷

Also, I guess you could say this prediction from January 2015 aged like a fine wine: Universal Love - Ollie ****ing Wines!!!!

Last edited:
Should have been captain this year.

Should be captain next year.
If they wait another year Rozee might leapfrog him.

But I agree should have been last, should be this.

A great career, let's hope we surround him with the right skilled mids to capitalise on his strengths and the right coach and he leads us to some success to cap it off.

I was at the MCG, when he played his first game against Melbourne. One of the best days I have had at the footy.

you could tell he was going to be a star then.

Its crazy to think he has spent 10 years in the system. At 28, he could easily be the club games record holder. If he stays fit, what does he have left? Another 6 years or so? 150-odd more games?

I was at the MCG, when he played his first game against Melbourne. One of the best days I have had at the footy.

you could tell he was going to be a star then.

Its crazy to think he has spent 10 years in the system. At 28, he could easily be the club games record holder. If he stays fit, what does he have left? Another 6 years or so? 150-odd more games?
Lower water mark I know but that day is one of my happiest ever as a Port Adelaide supporter.

Wines, Neade, Wingard, Monfries, Hartlett teasing some spud, Westhoff dancing to the tune of a Schulz screamer. It was football sex.

congrats and thank you for winning me money on brownlow night last year :)

Congrats. Needs a big game on Saturday and is due to really have a big 3 quarter bog game. Seemed like a weekly thing towards the end of last year but rarely seen this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our next captain. Love that Ollie has grown into his role and fallen in love with the club. He stuck around when it looked like he'd never get through an interview in SA without a water skiing question. Would love to see him make it to the 300 game milestone and have a couple of premierships to add to his silverware.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back