Brownlow Ollie Wines 2021 Brownlow Medallist! - Yep Confirmed!

Remove this Banner Ad

While it will be a great feather in Ollie's cap I think it is losing its shine after all the cheating incompetent umpires have all the say.

I don't think I really give a sh*t if he wins or loses tbh.
I'm weirdly the opposite.

So starved of success at Port for 17 years, I reckon if he wins I'll be so happy for him it'll make the whole off-season bearable. We would look back on 2021 as the year Ollie won the Brownlow.

I'm weirdly the opposite.

So starved of success at Port for 17 years, I reckon if he wins I'll be so happy for him it'll make the whole off-season bearable. We would look back on 2021 as the year Ollie won the Brownlow.

Yep!

The lack of a Brownlow or a Coleman in our 24 seasons is frustrating and it'd be nice to have that rectified.

I'm trying not to get hopeful because we don't tend to poll well as a club but this is one of our best chances.

It will probably be just like Robbie Gray in 2014.

I'd be happy for Ollie personally, in the same way I'd be happy for him personally if he got married or had a kid. It wouldn't make anything about the team's performance more bearable though.

I'd be happy for Ollie personally, in the same way I'd be happy for him personally if he got married or had a kid. It wouldn't make anything about the team's performance more bearable though.

I think the fact that nobody at Port has won a Brownlow yet would make it a significant moment.

For the record, the only clubs that haven't had a Brownlow medalist since we entered the AFL are Essendon (Hird won the year before we entered, Watson won on the night but later lost it), North and GWS (who have only been around 10 years).

I think the fact that nobody at Port has won a Brownlow yet would make it a significant moment.

For the record, the only clubs that haven't had a Brownlow medalist since we entered the AFL are Essendon (Hird won the year before we entered, Watson won on the night but later lost it), North and GWS (who have only been around 10 years).

Port and North are the only clubs to not have had a Brownlow or a Coleman since 1997.

It's time

Everyone knows its gonna be a fairytale Oliver or Petracca win. Dedicated to Jim Stynes or Robbie Flower or someone... media will go gaga. Ollie barely get a mention.

(FWIW I've got Wines winning on 32 votes. Slight winner on Oliver and Steele. Petracca and Miller next up. Bontempelli on 23. Parish about that as well. Boak top 15 on 19 votes)

IT COULD be one of the most open Brownlow Medal races in recent memory.

While AFL.com.au's Brownlow Predictor has Clayton Oliver and Marcus Bontempelli battling it out at the top, Ollie Wines remains a firm favourite while a series of other contenders could also emerge across the course of the night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been ambivalent to this, but ultimately want to see a Port player claim a Brownlow after 25 years without a winner. The 2004 and 2014 disappointments (Judd over Tredrea, Priddis over Gray) are a reminder of how fickle Brownlow favouritism is for Port players.

Extraordinary that so many sources have Ollie favourite but the AFL website doesn’t have him anywhere near the top 5, and predicts Boak will be our leading vote-getter.

Last edited:
Ollie won't start polling properly or even at all until round 5 or 6 but once he starts he won't stop.

I think he'll finish 2nd to Bont. It'll be a record high vote count for a Port player but we just don't get enough hype to win a Brownlow unfortunately.

Thought I might actually watch the B'low for once, but we don’t get free to air and Fox don’t seem to be showing it this year. I know it can be a bit like watching rocks erode, but at least this year I have an interest in it.

Thought I might actually watch the B'low for once, but we don’t get free to air and Fox don’t seem to be showing it this year. I know it can be a bit like watching rocks erode, but at least this year I have an interest in it.

I will ride every "FARKEN!" from the comfort of this very thread.

Betcha he gets done in by some umpire giving 3 votes to Trent McKenzie and 1 vote to Ollie in a game where Ollie amassed 200 possessions.

01752C06-86B3-40D7-8D7E-1D298FB5FF97.jpeg

“Round 23, Western Bulldogs versus Port Adelaide,

1 vote: J. Macrae, Western Bulldogs,
2 votes: T. Boak, Port Adelaide,
3 votes: O…

*excited murmuring*

…Spencer, The Help.

I declare the winner of the 2021 Brownlow Medal to be Clayton Oliver, of the Melbourne Football Club!”

Ollie won't start polling properly or even at all until round 5 or 6 but once he starts he won't stop.

I think he'll finish 2nd to Bont. It'll be a record high vote count for a Port player but we just don't get enough hype to win a Brownlow unfortunately.
Bont in $151 to poll the most votes in the final 8 rounds, that’s a fair chunk of the season.. if he wins it will be a big surprise…

unless you believe the vic media…

You can watch it live on the internet through 7plus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back