Official Club Stuff Ollie Wines extends contract for another four years

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been both fun and maddening reading some of the Ollie Wines stuff on here the last 14 months.

At the October meeting last year FishingRick04 organised with Richo at the club for Big Footy Port board posters, and KT turned up, KT made it clear that it was bullshit that Ollie wanted to leave.

Someone close to him was making inquiries, not on Ollie's behalf, but on his own's. KT asked that we all keep this quiet and it's only now that he has re-signed long term that I have mentioned it.

Ollie will be at Port for 14 seasons if he gets thru to the end of 2026. That means he will be pushing 280-300 games if he stays injury free and we play lots of finals.

Great news, a fit and focused Ollie in 2020 reminded us what a quality AFL player he is.

Ollie's football was terrific and his media work became more relaxed and convincing.

He will captain Port again and will be in a much better place.

Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is a great news we are gonna need vets around once the Boaks Grays etc. retire and the younger players are still developing. He will be pivotal to any future premiership push. Massive turn around since the 2019 trade period. Would expect him to take the captaincy from Jonas in a couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
At the Port Club, now they need to put a pasta “Allir Ollie” on the menu!

images

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Brilliant news. We can finally put the ridiculous annual media speculation that he's going to Carlton or Essendon to bed for 6 seasons.

His second half of 2020 was AA quality and he seems to be really enjoying his footy.

Ollie Wines is contracted...he's not going anywhere geez..

Brilliant news. We can finally put the ridiculous annual media speculation that he's going to Carlton or Essendon to bed for 6 seasons.

lol

"I know he's under contract but I'm not convinced he's going to be at Port Adelaide next year unless he comes out and strongly denied this rumour I just made up" - Damian Barrett in the 2021 offseason probably

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

His second half of 2020 was AA quality and he seems to be really enjoying his footy.
Dunno! Maybe next year we offer him, plus a future 5th-rounder to Dodo for 4 first-rounders, Zach Merrett, Parish & Francis.

Sounds fair, he is a 6-yr contracted player after all!

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A great move to sure up our midfield ppst Rocky, Gray and Boak.

Also ends the speculation so we can focus on him becoming a true leader.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him captian in 2021. I don't think we should yet but it may have been the plan all along to go one for one instead of co captains.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back