Official Club Stuff Ollie Wines extends contract for another four years

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankfully Bickley will be gone in a few weeks time. Would live to see Timmy G on the sports show next year.

Fat chance. It'll be a Crow.

Robbie Gray a flight risk lol. He's like 100 years old. If he even left end of this year you would have been like "love you very much Robbie, do what's best for you now."

If we go to s**t again this year I wouldn't begrudge Robbie chasing a flag at all. Would happily cheer for him on GF day even if it was in other colours.

As long as it's not to ****ing Geelong.

Listening to CD on AA sounds like they offered 4 years to push some of his 2021 and 2022 year salary into that period, so that's probably why its a 4 year extension and not 3 years.

It's nice to see he seems committed, but we all know contracts aren't anything close to water tight. 6 year deals are great for the player, it's guaranteed income no matter what club he's at. It's a good message, but player for life isn't anything close to guaranteed.
These days it also means that with players like Wines we can trade him for some value If we go to s**t and he wants to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of interesting comments at the end about the draft. Didn't rule out using a fixture pick to trade into this year if there is someone they're keen on and scouring the young talent if there is an opportunity to pick up a gem with a late pick. Didn't seem to think there was a chance of not getting Schofield, as well as adding a first round talent in Lachie Jones.

Ive posted it on here plenty of times... the Ollie leaving rumor was bullshit all along - for as many times C4 has got things pretty right on here, this one he got wrong!
I got it from someone who was at the actual "family" BBQ where the initial question was asked about what Carlton would need to do to shake him out of Port - it was never ever an official request to leave from Ollies camp, not even an official inquiry from Ollies camp!

Ive posted it on here plenty of times... the Ollie leaving rumor was bullshit all along - for as many times C4 has got things pretty right on here, this one he got wrong!
I got it from someone who was at the actual "family" BBQ where the initial question was asked about what Carlton would need to do to shake him out of Port - it was never ever an official request to leave from Ollies camp, not even an official inquiry from Ollies camp!

Who asked the question and why?

Does it matter??
I wasnt Ollie OR his manager.

It does to me. Why would the topic be up for discussion at a ‘family’ bbq?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back