Official Club Stuff Ollie Wines extends contract for another four years

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom line is - he was never leaving.

That may be so but you stated that the rumour as bullshit but then proceeded to give insight into where the rumour emanated, which was a Wines family bbq.

You‘ve literally confirmed the rumour.

That may be so but you stated that the rumour as bullshit but then proceeded to give insight into where the rumour emanated, which was a Wines family bbq.

I read bbq in Echuca and that a family member was there. That’s it, no more to see or read into.

The rumor was that he requested a trade to Carlton - this was complete bullshit

Does it really matter that he may have entertained leaving at a certain time in the past?

If anything, it would reflect even better on the club that a player who was nearing a possible exit has now decided to commit long term..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it really matter that he may have entertained leaving at a certain time in the past?

If anything, it would reflect even better on the club that a player who was nearing a possible exit has now decided to commit long term..

Dusty was a bees dick from going to GWS and has now won his team 3 flags.

No issue whatsoever. I've said all along that all I expect from Ollie is that at some point he needed to fully commit one way or the other. Looks like he has now.

Elbows saying deal too long and then they go to full on deflection by bringing up Robbie Gray’s name as a flight risk, saying he is after a multi year contract.
Meanwhile at Crows about 24 players out of contract next year.

Yeah, slapping a 5 year contract down on the table in front of an already washed up Rory Sloane makes sooooo much more sense.

Can you imagine ever shitting on the employer of your children?
What a sh*t person you would be to do that.
What does it say about you and your family.

Absolute scum.
Nah Grahams kids played for Port Power not Port Adelaide and the club he is shitting on is Port Adelaide because... reasons.

Graham Cornes (probably).

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol imagine still thinking wines didn't seriously explore his options after a incredibly s**t year. There was so much smoke it's not funny.

I'd trust C4 over "I went to training once and Ollie was smiling, sign Ken up for life."

Lol imagine still thinking wines didn't seriously explore his options after a incredibly sh*t year. There was so much smoke it's not funny.

I'd trust C4 over "I went to training once and Ollie was smiling, sign Ken up for life."
Yeah where there’s smoke there’s often fire but the fact he has copped losing the captaincy on the chin and re signed, and a good two years before free agency, say heaps.
Onya Ollie.

Chris Davies press conference - 23 November 2020

CD's happy so I'm happy.

On hearing the 6yr deal... well you could've blown me over with a feather. Keep improving your kicking action and I'll be as happy as a pig in sh*t.

Naturally it was news today in the 'tiser with an article penned by Simeon Thomas-Wilson with direct quotes of what CD said... with 1 exception.

On 2 occasions CD referenced how pleased/proud he and the club were in being able to keep interstate players long term.

Can you imagine ever shitting on the employer of your children?
What a sh*t person you would be to do that.
What does it say about you and your family.

Absolute scum.
Yep, speaks volumes. He also said he was willing to bet that Ollie wouldn't see out the contract - what an absolute low-life.

I never thought he'd leave, and I still think it is pointless celebrating players committing to us, we should expect it and the club should be doing the work to make sure it happens by breeding the right culture and inclusivity. However I am happy to hear it given all the rumours, and Ollie's importance to our late 2020 season form.

However I don't like the 2026 term one bit. Just don't understand why it needed to go that long. Even 2025 is long but more than enough. I have no idea why we'd go so long. We've rolled the dice on this one, lets hope it pays off. Hopefully he is a person that really just wants to flourish without that contract talk sitting over his head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back